I have a feeling I've missed out on some PVE stuff...

Riven

Gameplay wise that is.  As I'm getting my feet wet even more in FFXIV (also noticing the fact that I'm almost level 60) and things come up in chats that I'm in and I go 'bwah?  What's that?'

So in-between me getting my IRL schedule together (ie: my butt needs to crack down and start writing) I'm really interested in doing some...I guess it would be called 'old content'?  I've heard of Odin, Gilgamesh, Crystal Tower, Pharos Lighthouse-and I've got some time on me this weekend/next weekend, can anyone help a puzzled summoner out?  What have I missed?

And yes I've my level 50 relic weapon too, I'm starting work on that.

Gameplay wise that is.  As I'm getting my feet wet even more in FFXIV (also noticing the fact that I'm almost level 60) and things come up in chats that I'm in and I go 'bwah?  What's that?'

So in-between me getting my IRL schedule together (ie: my butt needs to crack down and start writing) I'm really interested in doing some...I guess it would be called 'old content'?  I've heard of Odin, Gilgamesh, Crystal Tower, Pharos Lighthouse-and I've got some time on me this weekend/next weekend, can anyone help a puzzled summoner out?  What have I missed?

I can help you unlock stuff, as well as tank it for you (60 DRK). I love the older content.

You can do these two ways, original style at the appropriate level though with gear it becomes less of a challenge or easy mode by syncing and going is as 60s. (except CT)

There are some fun dungeons and I would highly recommend them.

I tend to use them in unsynced mode for 2+ RP.

There are quite a few level-50 dungeons and trials you mightn't have unlocked and are worth running through if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Here's a list of dungeons and trials available, and where to unlock them.

Odin (Urth's Fount) is unlocked at an NPC standing outside the Adder HQ, and requires a quest called 'All You Need About Odin' which is in the South Shroud I think? Interesting tidbits about Odin if you want to learn more about him.

The relic quests, as you've mentioned. The entire quest chain is EXTREMELY long, which a new phase being added each patch and the weapon being upgraded each time. It required lots of grinding and patience and isn't really worth doing now unless you want the final weapon for glamour.

However, the first quest to get you the base i70 weapon isn't as long, and takes you through Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan HM, which is quite fun and you get a spiffy title out of it too.

A new relic chain will be released in 3.1.

Crystal Tower is 2.0's 24-man dungeon chain. It had three parts, Crystal Tower, Syrcus Tower, and World of Darkness. From my understanding the queues for the first two are quite long now as few people run it, however SE have said they'd find a way to make it shorter.

I really recommend running through it, as doing your first 24-man dungeon with everyone running around is pretty exciting, and the story is interesting too! The quest to unlock it requires waiting on a couple of FATEs to pop, so it'll be a bit of waiting around, and maybe ask in an LS if people will help you clear them as there proably won't be many people in the area running it sadly.

We are going to be getting the first of the new three part 24-man dungeon is patch 3.1, so if queues are particularly bad at the moment to run CT, please know you won't be missing out entirely and we're getting another in the future!

Gilgamesh is part of the Hildebrand questline. It's fairly long, utter madness, but there is a dance, emoticon, fancy outfit, and two trials to be unlocked. :D

The quest line starts at 'The Rise and Fall of Gentlemen' in Ul'dah.

There are also several extreme primal battles if you enjoy them? Some still require coordination and learning the mechanics, however they're easier now if you go in with a unsynced team (meaning you're all overgeared and things won't hit as hard and some mechanics can be skipped).

And lastly, that I can think of, is Coil Of Bahamut. It's a total of 13 trials and 2.0's highest difficulty raid (which means it's somewhat easier now to complete now we're all overgeared!).

However, some of the trials still require a team to work in some coordination, and mechanics to remember, such as moving out of the way of divebombs. :P But if you enjoy raiding I really recommend giving it a go because the story is great, finding out what happened to Bahamut, basically.

As you can see some of these are more time investing than others, and more than you can fit in an afternoon! But well worth a look at if you ever find yourself wondering what to do. :)

Oh goodness, I'm sorry for rambling. This has turned into a much longer post than I anticipated. :blush: If be more than happy to lend a DPS or healing hand if you want to run through any!

We could look into organising a team to run through the primals and maybe coil if there was enough interest - I'd be happy to teach the mechanics and we'll have a laugh along the way. ^_^

Gilgamesh is part of the Hildebrand questline. It's fairly long, utter madness, but there is a dance, emoticon, fancy outfit, and two trials to be unlocked. :D

I have heard of this questline.  *steeples hands together*  I have heard many interesting things of it.

I have heard of this questline.  *steeples hands together*  I have heard many interesting things of it.

You have to do it so you can Manderville, which is absolutely required for life.  ^_^

There's quite a lot of old content to do and most of it is pretty good. Trials and dungeons will be relatively easy to accomplish. Crystal Tower, on the other hand, might be tough. It requires 24 people and almost no one really runs them anymore in the duty finder. 

I don't mind doing old content now and again with a group of like minded folks. I can heal or dps all of it. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like some help.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

That link was my guiding beacon, and still is, for things I've missed and needed to unlock going 1-50. On Balmung you'll wait between 30-60 minutes to run the Crystal Tower Raids on non-peak days like after reset. Completing those raids does give you access to a repeatable weekly quest that lets you purchase Ironworks weapons without doing Coil.

I still haven't tackled Coil yet myself but short of Odin, the Hildibrand Quests, Moogle Quests, and Ramuh EX and Shiva EX I've managed to do all the old 50 content. And the relic weapon of course which I just started. To me I wanted to experience as much of the old content on point as I could before I dived right into Heavensward.

Ahhhh I had the same feeling tonight. I made a list of things I still have to do/try and couldn't believe how much I've missed while doing the gear grind.

-max my gatherer, create a heal class and tank class, collect a decent triple triad deck, unlock my sightseeing log and complete it, complete the Hildebrand questline, buy a house, help build an airship, and complete 7 Ex. trials I haven't touched. :moogle: