Fought Garuda for the First Time...

Madda

Within 30 minutes, all of Madda's equipment was broken. What a horrible trial. Pic related

I recently did this on sastasha as healer, had to swap in junk items to finish the dungeon.

This being your first time, I bet Garuda was also 

"When will people learn to mechanics?"

250x141https://38.media.tumblr.com/0ddab662b8ebe44ede225eb728479932/tumblr_n8jc0dX2KT1racgo0o1_r4_500.gif[/img]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But honestly I've met many tanks who say this (even in the RP community or more casual RP etc) "if you need to use cooldowns in trash you're not good" or that the healers are not good. Or "no you don't need to use cooldowns in trash ever."

My opinion of said people is not good.

So that means I'm a trash WAR for these people because I don't like sitting on 5 stacks of Wrath for too long and use Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone, and I also use Foresight...

But honestly I've met many tanks who say this (even in the RP community or more casual RP etc) "if you need to use cooldowns in trash you're not good" or that the healers are not good. Or "no you don't need to use cooldowns in trash ever."

My opinion of said people is not good.

So that means I'm a trash WAR for these people because I don't like sitting on 5 stacks of Wrath for too long and use Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone, and I also use Foresight...

I also used CDs on every pull as a DRK. I forgot actually playing your class makes you bad somehow. I usually counter those people by sayin.. I'm sorry I'm not lazy?

Wish Madda could get the Artifact gear, but it's 50 > o>

Hmm? No. All but the chest piece is from the lvel 45 quests. So you can get headpiece, hands, legs and boots.

According to the WHM quest, the quest rewards of gear is all Level 50.

SO even if Madda did get them, it'd be useless.

Hmm? No. All but the chest piece is from the lvel 45 quests. So you can get headpiece, hands, legs and boots.

Perhaps you are confused..? :?

The item level of the artifact gear that you get at lv 45 is 50 for the the head, gloves, pants, and shoes/boots.

The item level of the artifact gear that you get at lv 50 is 55 for the chest.

You get level 45 versions and 50 versions (since 3.0) Madda of everything except chest.

AF gear is some of the first stuff where you have equip level and item level.

So while the gear is item level 50, you can equip it at 45. The chest piece is equip level 50, item level 55, I think.

All of 2.1-2.55 content will be equip level 50 of some sort, followed by a higher item level. It's how SE did gear progression. :)

AF gear is some of the first stuff where you have equip level and item level.

So while the gear is item level 50, you can equip it at 45. The chest piece is equip level 50, item level 55, I think.

All of 2.1-2.55 content will be equip level 50 of some sort, followed by a higher item level. It's how SE did gear progression. :)

Nah, all green gear has higher item level than equip level.

The lvl 15 stuff from Satasha is ilvl17 for example. All Blue and Purple gear too.

You get level 45 versions and 50 versions (since 3.0) Madda of everything except chest.

Yes, so according to gamerescape, the 3.0 update changes to the Job quest gear is this:

Previously:

Lvl 45 Job quest will give you Head, Wrist, Pants, Boots gear that you can wear at lvl 45. (ilvl 50). Lvl 50 Job quest would give you lvl 50 (ilvl 55) Chest Piece.

Now:

Lvl 45 Job quest gives you lvl 45 and lvl 50 Head, Wrist, Pants, boots (lvl 50 gear is ilvl 90). (8 pieces total)

Lvl 50 Job quest gives you lvl 50 Chest Pieces (ilvl 55, ilvl 90) (2 pieces total)

Yes, so according to gamerescape, the 3.0 update changes to the Job quest gear is this:

Previously:

Lvl 45 Job quest will give you Head, Wrist, Pants, Boots gear that you can wear at lvl 45. (ilvl 50). Lvl 50 Job quest would give you lvl 50 (ilvl 55) Chest Piece.

Now:

Lvl 45 Job quest gives you lvl 45 and lvl 50 Head, Wrist, Pants, boots (lvl 50 gear is ilvl 90). (8 pieces total)

Lvl 50 Job quest gives you lvl 50 Chest Pieces (ilvl 55, ilvl 90) (2 pieces total)

I can confirm this, because I was a PLD when getting Isaulde through the MSQ and the gear rewards were like this, except that you get also a ilvl90 belt as a reward for the level 50 quest.

On a side note, giving both the ilvl55 and the ilvl90 chest on the same quest makes the ilvl55 chest -completely- useless. Not even entry-level gear, just... useless. Which is stupid.

Previously:

Now:

I can confirm this, because I was a PLD when getting Isaulde through the MSQ and the gear rewards were like this, except that you get also a ilvl90 belt as a reward for the level 50 quest.

On a side note, giving both the ilvl55 and the ilvl90 chest on the same quest makes the ilvl55 chest -completely- useless. Not even entry-level gear, just... useless. Which is stupid.

Well... at least the AF gear isn't completely useless. You need them for augments!

Thanks to all for your advice and such. Guess it's only hard because Madda's the lowest level you can be to do it. That and Madda's never been in a situation healingwise where you have so much to heal and interrupts and LoS to deal with. 

Sorry for venting. Madda shall git gud.

If Madda needs help killing Garuru, she can hit me up when I'm online.

Yeah you know me, biggest privilege checker on this side of the Internet. Seriously you'd think tanks staggering CDs would be basic knowledge, but some tanks just don't use them... ever! At all! Then again one tank that I had that never used CDs in The Vault I also had to ask to stop spinning the mobs with a monk and ninja in the group... And no, he wasn't dodging anything, just... spinning. It's a doggy dog world out there in DF... Keep staggering your CDs and godspeed.

I can attest to what Edda is saying. I have run into far too many tanks who not only didn't use CDs, but showed no spatial awareness in that dungeon. I've seen tanks that refuse to move the boss in Aery that puts out the poison clouds (with a non-dispellable poison if you touch them, btw, that stacks), or moves the mobs so much that Melee are unable to properly perform, etc.

Thanks to all for your advice and such. Guess it's only hard because Madda's the lowest level you can be to do it. That and Madda's never been in a situation healingwise where you have so much to heal and interrupts and LoS to deal with. 

If Madda needs help killing Garuru, she can hit me up when I'm online.

Same here. I'll gladly help out.

I might be necroing this thread, but the exact same thing happened to me while leveling Ume. I guess I have to blame myself, though, I didn't want to grind to 45 and tried Garuda anyway. The lack of defense (Aerial Blast instantly killed me if the rocks were less than perfect), and around 20% damage less from me (no Huton and no Suiton+Sneak Attack) were more than enough for us to die overwhelmed by plumes post-Aerial Blast.

It's not too bad, actually.  I did it in a like-level group my first time, but we were well coordinated.  If you're doing it at-level, though, the fight involves around a few important things:

-The tank cannot eat her direct cast.  He/she needs to get around beside/behind Garuda during the Slipstream cast.  It stuns and hits like a truck on you at-level; you can't eat it.

-Everyone needs to save the pillars by being FAR away from them so Friction doesn't touch them.  Garuda also needs to be plastered against the north end of the level, so her AOE doesn't hit the pillars.  DPS also need to know how to very quickly burn the adds to save the pillars.  If you still have trouble, have the tank fire a LB during Aerial Blast.  The hardest part of the fight is just recovering from that AOE damage.

-During the second phase, you have to tank Garuda to one side of your (now smaller) arena.  Run as far away from her as possible when she teleports to do Mistral Shriek, and get behind her when she teleports to the middle to do Mistral Song.  I find people tend to forget the latter.  As long as your DPS can mop up the adds, you'll be fine.

Unfortunately, a lot of people get jaded after a while and stop caring about mechanics, which makes doing the fight with people who have at-level gear particularly difficult.  When I lead a party, I always make sure we run it like we're supposed to run it.  Usually, that makes sure people aren't doing something stupid and blaming the healer because their godlike armor isn't magically making the boss die.  At the worst, it makes the job easier for the healer.