Your Character's Favorite Film

Kaiya

If your character had access to the films we had, which film would be considered the favorite? Do they enjoy old, classic, spaghetti westerns? Teen dramas? Romantic Comedies? Animated films? Artsy, niche films?

Kaiya's favorite would be one of the Sherlock Holmes films.

Alassarnil/Nil/Whatever they're calling her nowadays would absolutely adore Finding Nemo and Dumbo.

Nanagi would likely be the one to watch Mystery films science fiction, and documentaries. Like to imagine she would watch the documentaries more as a necessity, the need to learn more about everything.

Kanako on the other hand would likely watch just about anything. Comedies of all kinds, action and horror.

Rihxo would watch all the romantic films and just sob over them with a tub of ice cream. Probably a lot of Titanic and The Notebook.

Adelaide would project herself into all of the film noir as the femme fatale character. She'd love to be that girl. Except for the part where they might die. Chinatown, definitely.

Arata would watch both romantic films (since she's learning the art of romance, in a way) and also just tons of documentaries.

Rihxo would watch all the romantic films and just sob over them with a tub of ice cream. Probably a lot of Titanic and The Notebook.

She would likely also watch movies similar to Marley and Me. I can see it now.

Would Rihxo watch Twilight though? Thats the real question.

She would likely also watch movies similar to Marley and Me. I can see it now.

Would Rihxo watch Twilight though? Thats the real question.

Rihxo would, most certainly, unironically watch Twilight.

Jana would be a huge Tarantino fan, loving movies like Django Unchained (runaway slave murders masters) or Inglorious Basterds (military unit behind enemy lines terrorizes via dismemberment).

IRL I love those movies too but my absolute favorites are Muppets, The Lego Movie, Madagascar 3 kind of embarrassing and not at all what my character would appreciate.

Roen would love the Fellowship of the Ring. The comeraderie, the underdog rising up to take the hardest task, classic good vs evil, she'd be all over that.

Brynnalia, on the other hand, she'd be into the romantic comedies. Crazy, Stupid, Love with a jaded and clueless main character. Or the honest humor and sass of the main character in Easy A.

Raelisanne, she would find something intriguing in an atypical fragmented movie like Memento.

Jameson, even though he is not my character technically but I write for him occasionally, would be very appreciative of Silence of the Lamb.

Something like John Wick would enthrall Kurt.

That said he'd probably watch but never admit to watching romantic comedies or romamce movies in general cuz he's a hopeless romantic like that. I dunno much in this genre but something from here would be his actual favorite.

Allene would pretty much enjoy something like The Wolf of Wall Street.

Nah's going to end up a huge superhero movie buff with the Dark Knight Trilogy as a go to.

Leanne's favorite film? Hard to pick. Given how fan of the arts she'd be, with aversion only to love, horror and stories that glorifies violence (cough cough Tarantino), hard to pinpoint one.

Hmm...maybe...The Hobbit. Because of a single, word.

AAAAAAADVEEEENTUREEEEEE-

Edda would definitely gravitate towards biographical dramas that tend to deal with business of some sort - films like Moneyball, The Social Network, The Big Short.

Why? She would certainly enjoy them, mindless action and comedy films don't appeal to her, but anything that dives too deep into the emotional spectrum is simply too dangerous. She is easily involved, swayed, and moved to tears - and we can't have that, can we?

Also voted most likely to cover her eyes during sex scenes.

Dogberry would really like stupid comedies. Like, really, really dumb ones. So I think his favorite movie would be the dumbest comedy I can think of. One so dumb even I can't stand it. Freddy Got Fingered. That movie is terrible, and Dogberry should feel bad.

Iskierka deals with the spooky and supernatural all the time, so horror movies just feel like babytown frollicks for her. She likes action movies. Specifically Hong Kong action and kung fu movies. She's really into The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2.

Reinbach is a pleb. He likes Michael Bay. Transformers is his favorite series because it's big and flashy and stupid, and he may be secretly building a transforming mammet.

Heidrek's favorite movies would easily be the Dollars Trilogy. I imagine that it's pretty easy to romanticize the idea of the nameless weapon master who confidently wanders the land when you're a half-starved vagabond trying to fall asleep without freezing to death.

On the other side of that same coin, he would also harbor a secret love for movies set during the regency. He'd probably get a lot of mileage out of films like Pride and Prejudice when they're about people who live in absurd privilege and have no bigger problems than courtship. Not that he'd admit that.