Uncommon Rp Locales

I had a conversation earlier regarding how most Rp is centralized around a few specific spots in the vast world we all sink so much time into.

My question would be this:

What parts of the world would YOU like to Rp in...?

Why would your character be there, and what sort of Rp would you think might be neat to develop in certain locations?

More so, feel free to use this thread to spike conversation and set up some meet ups outside of Ul'dah for Twelves sake!

I for one have been more interested in areas near the different dungeons, some Rp in the BeastTribe encampments...or some of the frosty locales in Coerthas.

I'd love to see Little Ala Mhigo being used as a hub for Ala Mhigan scum.

I've been wanting to do some Rp there. With many Monks and Ala Mhigan Rpers floating around, it would be neat to see more going on openly there. I'd sure like to get my plot on that vein, eventually heading towards that spot in due time. The place is plenty large after all. :moogle:

I'd personally like to RP more often around Raincatcher's Gulley because I think that area of La Noscea and its music/lighting are some of the prettiest in the game. But as a generally city-dwelling person, it's not somewhere I'd have Franz go on a whim. Perhaps as a small camping trip, or maybe if he was already doing something at Wineport, but to simply go there for the sake of seeing the sights or embracing nature is off-character.

And even despite claiming to be a mercenary, what Franz does on jobs isn't typically something I've ever really explored in RP. At least not since going "legal." ...villain Franz was fun, but it took more work than I could really give. And also requires more coordination than I could really manage on my own.

I'd personally like to RP more often around Raincatcher's Gulley because I think that area of La Noscea and its music/lighting are some of the prettiest in the game. But as a generally city-dwelling person, it's not somewhere I'd have Franz go on a whim. Perhaps as a small camping trip, or maybe if he was already doing something at Wineport, but to simply go there for the sake of seeing the sights or embracing nature is off-character.

And even despite claiming to be a mercenary, what Franz does on jobs isn't typically something I've ever really explored in RP. At least not since going "legal." ...villain Franz was fun, but it took more work than I could really give. And also requires more coordination than I could really manage on my own.

Its certainly a unique looking area. And with it, I wonder why more people don't use Wineport. I really need to drop one of my two haughty elezens there sometime. It would make sense to see them being prisses about drinks and exploring what Limsa has to offer.

Not not mention the big monsters in a rain forest for hunters to go after. The giant Gobbue Fate alone would be a neat IC hunt

I've been wanting to do some Rp there. With many Monks and Ala Mhigan Rpers floating around, it would be neat to see more going on openly there. I'd sure like to get my plot on that vein, eventually heading towards that spot in due time. The place is plenty large after all. :moogle:

My characters Alex and Grace frequent LAM for monkhood meetings and Resistance stuff, it's just me hangingout and walking around LAM though. I'm far too thin spread to be involved in a constant thing that needs everyday attention, but I am entirely in favor of Resistance and all around Ala Mhigo stuff.

My characters Alex and Grace frequent LAM for monkhood meetings and Resistance stuff, it's just me hangingout and walking around LAM though. I'm far too thin spread to be involved in a constant thing that needs everyday attention, but I am entirely in favor of Resistance and all around Ala Mhigo stuff.

I've been doing a very slow paced work up to that sort of Rp, PM me for details if you want to dabble into it. The goal is to have people of that background all meeting up and making Social Links ( so we can summon better Personae ). But seriously, if the next expansion gives us something of the resistance for real in game, will be sweet to be ready to roll with it. :cactuar:

Y'know, I do need a reason for Heidrek to face his fears and go back there...

How does the possibility of an angry Ala Mhigan woman to drag him back in there as a reason :D? Because I can make that happen.

Besides that, I need more Ala Mhigans to RP with anyhow *grabby hands*

Y'know, I do need a reason for Heidrek to face his fears and go back there...

How does the possibility of an angry Ala Mhigan woman to drag him back in there as a reason :D? Because I can make that happen.

Besides that, I need more Ala Mhigans to RP with anyhow *grabby hands*

I am 100% okay with this. Let's do eet.

Flynn likes to ICly hang out more at Seventh Heaven in Mor Dhona, or Costa de Sol. You'd think names from FF7 would get those fanbois swarming the place but they're always empty when I'm around.

Also Wineport is a great spot, and the Bobbing Cork in East Shroud. Need more hub activity in these places.

When I find walkup RP it's usually either exclusively in Limsa or Ul'dah, but whenever I try to arrange RP or schedule it, I tend to go out of my way to pick places that are outside the norm.

The Silent King, Silver Bazaar, and Crescent Cove in Western Thanalan are favorites. In La Noscea I try to go for Moraby Drydocks since my character is navy, lower La Noscea, or Bronze Lake are other locations off the beaten path that my character could be found. If I'm rehashing old plot stuff, I like to use out of the way spots in Coerthas Western Highlands or the Forelands.

EDIT: I'm also very very down for more Ala Mhigan RP. In Little Ala Mhigo or Silver Bazaar or any of the small refugee camps closer to Ul'dah.

Mor Dhona. I justthink it's a pretty area, knid of like an old English village of York, or perhaps more like North Wales. Still it would be nice for some more rural type of RP, a little less hectic than city life.

Mor Dhona. I justthink it's a pretty area, knid of like an old English village of York, or perhaps more like North Wales. Still it would be nice for some more rural type of RP, a little less hectic than city life.

I agree, and an above poster also mentioned the Seventh Heaven there too. i think initially there was plenty of discomfort with Rping there..since it used to be the end game hub, were everyone was constantly running amok. But with Idlyshire now being that spot...I think the foot traffic is a bit less, and have done a scene or two there myself now.

Certainly worth exploring, especially with a lovely Castrum right there to fight through ICly.

I've always liked Tailfeather, and I sort of view it as a place that would become something of an adventurer hub. It's the lone settlement of spoken in Dravania and largely self-sufficient, so it seems like it'd be a great jumping-off point for expeditions, hunters, etc. looking to venture into Dravania to hunt monsters or try to harvest some of the rarer materials that are only available there.

Also it's pretty big and open and has one or two decent interior spaces, and a river nearby for idle fishing.

I've always liked Tailfeather, and I sort of view it as a place that would become something of an adventurer hub. It's the lone settlement of spoken in Dravania and largely self-sufficient, so it seems like it'd be a great jumping-off point for expeditions, hunters, etc. looking to venture into Dravania to hunt monsters or try to harvest some of the rarer materials that are only available there.

Also it's pretty big and open and has one or two decent interior spaces, and a river nearby for idle fishing.

I agree! I feel like that whole little area is highly underused. Of all of the HW locations, that's one of the more reasonable places for me to consider too. I've an aversion to placing any of my characters at any of the flying islands thus far...but Tailfeather might work for a few of them. Silence needs places to keep perfecting his skill...and there are lots of big things for him to fight ( Sagoli is so last expansion for combat brooding Rp. )

On a side note too...i really do think that if you make the effort, other rpers will join in. You can't just one shot attempt of course, but Rpers are about as plentiful as the mobs out there. It's just...they are like the passive mobs....so you have to punch them in the face first. They won't just run up posting on their own. :moogle:

I'd love it if we could access the Vath Adventurer Guild and use it as a hub too, though the number of people milling about for beast tribe dailies would make it difficult to RP there.

I've always been a fan of the Wolves' Den/Braveheart, but I can understand why people are apprehensive when most players are likely to hurl some abuse when they see RP.

I really have zero issue blacklisting anyone who trolls or interrupts what I'm doing. People only have the power you let them have. Especially in an online game. So....zero reaction from me. That area is neat looking though....I half wonder what of my roster would fit to go there. I imagine it would be cool to have an FC or mercenary group hang out there.

Besides....really if your on Bal and have an issue with Rpers...that's kinda yer fault. lol

I'd love it if we could access the Vath Adventurer Guild and use it as a hub too, though the number of people milling about for beast tribe dailies would make it difficult to RP there.

I think that's the same as the old Mor Dhona situation...like the place was just too congested with bodies. I can ignore a lot..but visually I think it would be too much for even ME. But yeah,...their guild set up..and growing links to other groups would make form prime Rp hooks.

I've always been a fan of the Wolves' Den/Braveheart, but I can understand why people are apprehensive when most players are likely to hurl some abuse when they see RP.

I really have zero issue blacklisting anyone who trolls or interrupts what I'm doing. People only have the power you let them have. Especially in an online game. So....zero reaction from me. That area is neat looking though....I half wonder what of my roster would fit to go there. I imagine it would be cool to have an FC or mercenary group hang out there.

Besides....really if your on Bal and have an issue with Rpers...that's kinda yer fault. lol

Most def. I'm just keenly aware that some people don't like to put themselves in that position in the first place.

Most def. I'm just keenly aware that some people don't like to put themselves in that position in the first place.

The bold shall claim victory! I say make it happen! I can throw Screaming Silence there sometime. He would certainly be skulking about looking to fight things.:bomb:

I want to see more people around La Noscea and The Shroud. Such beautiful scenery and yet almost all of the rp happens in Ul'dah. Nothing against  the desert, it's pretty!

I usually feel like the Shroud is hard, pending on how serious you take those pesky elementals. I try to be kind of lenient with the concept, but I know some folks are pretty "DOOM" about doing things that will piss them off.

Limsa itself seems to get the crap end of Rp....The Wench is so nice and Rp there is still sparse.

I've had some good scenes out by the cliffs edges in la Noscea tho..I can totally attest to that place...it's also the home of my secret favorite RP location >.>;