Uncommon Rp Locales

I want to see more people around La Noscea and The Shroud. Such beautiful scenery and yet almost all of the rp happens in Ul'dah. Nothing against  the desert, it's pretty!

I usually feel like the Shroud is hard, pending on how serious you take those pesky elementals. I try to be kind of lenient with the concept, but I know some folks are pretty "DOOM" about doing things that will piss them off.

Limsa itself seems to get the crap end of Rp....The Wench is so nice and Rp there is still sparse.

I've had some good scenes out by the cliffs edges in la Noscea tho..I can totally attest to that place...it's also the home of my secret favorite RP location >.>;

Darn those pesky Elementals! One of my favorite places in The Shroud is actually in the Central Shroud looking back at the Carline Canopy and watching the water wheel. So pretty.

Limsa is gorgeous, the Wench is my favorite npc inn in the game. La Noscea has such lovely terrain, with the natural rock formations and...all the beasties who'd love to eat your face.

Any part that is not already alive with RP. And I do achieve this.

We don't need RP locations though. I am IC 100% and this means I can (and do) try to RP with people wherever I meet them. The response is 40% AFK, 40% "I'm OOC",and 20% actually respond (feels like 1%) which often turns into some lovely RP. However, just a simple exchange will make my day :)

I can accept that some want  a part-time RP approach and therefore having go-to RP locations helps service that. However, this is not me and I probably avoid such places.

Locations.. 

1 - where people gather due to game

• Any of the Aetherite's, just RP your arrival and you may hook a response
  • Any vendor .. people go to vendors
  • Any crafting guild.. just interact with the NPC or anyone else there

2 - bumping into someone

• While flying along
  • While gathering.. ever chatted to folks as they fish?
  • Outside houses in the residential zones
  • Helping out someone in trouble (fate, or any combat)
  • Meeting the stranger on the road

4 - Dungeons!

• Even if you start in a well populated RP location consider that we can run dungeons un-synced and they make for an excellent RP setting 

Snip

That's all nice and dandy, but you're the the exception. Most people aren't IC all the time, or only at certain locations.

If you wanna add something here, Nebbs, beyond "I RP everywhere" I think the OP would appreciate that.

I'm sure even you know of places you wish you could find easier RP ^^

Snip

That's all nice and dandy, but you're the the exception. Most people aren't IC all the time, or only at certain locations.

If you wanna add something here, Nebbs, beyond "I RP everywhere" I think the OP would appreciate that.

I believe she did answer the question, just in a more broad way :)

Personally, I love most areas in HW. Zenith has always been a favorite of mine and mostly due to the music there. Many places in HW, really! Especially combative or adventuring character types have plenty of reasons to be exploring the region!

Same goes with the Sea of Clouds. My OC and her husband had a little date on one of the islands while another character fought a herd of gaelicats. A lot of possibility for one map!

Snip

In general terms there is a spread from those who RP all the time and everywhere to those who RP a fraction of the time and in specific locations. I don't think anyone is an exception here, it is just the wonderful diversity of how people like to play. There is no one-size-fits all answer.

I did add more than "I RP everywhere" and even gave a list of "places", well aspects of the game that enable you to RP, with some reason, in a lot of places that are likely to have others at.

Yes I could pick specific places, but let me say that around every corner I find a place that inspires me to want to RP. My list would be massive, should I ever note it down.

Maybe I can spin this another way, given your last comment that made me think. Places that there should be RP but it seems lacking, and I will just pick one and then go on about Southern Thanalan as "more Ala Mhigo" could be expanded on I think.

Foundation - many places, yet very little RP seen

• The Forgotten Knight - I have had some there but it is very few and far between
  • Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly - great place if you go up the stairs, never seen anyone RP there
  • Athenaeum Astrologicum - wonderful, magical. I have used it but never seen anyone else.
  • The Holy Stables - a Nice pleasant place for a meet up (again nil use)
  • Fire Circles - there are a few and they make great meeting places, I use these a reasonable amount. They have cauldrens :)
  • Skysteel Manufactory has a nice shady upstairs, not used
  • The whole cathedral - nice place to whisper plans and such, I sometimes just go there for the atmosphere but never saw any RP

Southern Thanalan a few Extras that I have used

• The Sepulchre - great to use as a bandit stronghold to attack and rescue folks from. Also get a Fate that can add to the excitement
  • Outside the Sunken temple - Ruins.. a staple for any adventurer, with a nice excursion into the dungeon if youw ant
  • The undead east of Burnt Lizard Creek - wonderful to recover some lost artefact/clue from
  • The Red Labyrinth - used for dreams, spiritual journeys, and such
  • The little camp waaay South East on the map - a nice out of the way place to RP, though you will get some miners

And for the avoidance of doubt.. my direct answers to the OP's questions

Q. What parts of the world would YOU like to Rp in...?

A. All of it, especialy outside of the Cities

Q. Why would your character be there, and what sort of Rp would you think might be neat to develop in certain locations?

A. I find IC reasons to be wherever I am, they can be very simple reasons too. It can also take some imagination and fudging. The point being to be open for RP and not restrict it just to a City.

Q. More so, feel free to use this thread to spike conversation and set up some meet ups outside of Ul'dah for Twelves sake!

A. Spike - I would recommend being up for RP should you run into it, and if you look for things you generally spot them. I would also suggest that even if RP starts in Ul'dah, try and lead it to other places. Set-up - Come poke me if you see me, it may only be a brief exchange but it will be a start.

Q. I for one have been more interested in areas near the different dungeons, some Rp in the BeastTribe encampments...or some of the frosty locales in Coerthas.

A. I agree and many others do. Yet if we wait for someone to set a place, time and reason for RP, we may be waiting a long time. 

Hope that expands and helps.

Revenant's Toll.

It's pretty busy even now but the upper seating area is usually fairly quiet and an excellent place for engaging in role-play.

I'd also like to see more of the settlements throughout La Noscea gain more popularity. Bronze Lake and Costa Del Sol are often busy but Wineport and Moraby are typically very quiet.

Revenant's Toll.

It's pretty busy even now but the upper seating area is usually fairly quiet and an excellent place for engaging in role-play.

I'd also like to see more of the settlements throughout La Noscea gain more popularity. Bronze Lake and Costa Del Sol are often busy but Wineport and Moraby are typically very quiet.

I actually really like Moraby. There is a ton of room there. Ive seen events run very nicely there.

Revenant's Toll.

Wineport even has a bar. Ort tasting room. Either way it could be an excellent hole in the wall sort of place.

Darn those pesky Elementals! One of my favorite places in The Shroud is actually in the Central Shroud looking back at the Carline Canopy and watching the water wheel. So pretty.

I agree so much that I already have a few screenshots from when I stumbled across it!

http://imgur.com/a/ouGKl

I absolutely LOVE coming across RP happening in all the hidden little nooks and crannies everywhere. In fact, I need to get in the habit of running around exploring IC more often, because too often it's when I'm burned out of RP for the day that I spot em. 

I try to be a Random Encounter for those I spot when I can, though. No dramatic cliff with a gorgeous view is safe from a Nosy Catgirl attack!

A few places I've run into IC stuff happening:

- The Forgotten Knight

- Hall Of Whatever Heavenly Most Knights Official Place Upstairs

- Minotaur Malm

- Nald's Reflection

- Thal's Respite

- Burnt Lizard Creek

- The Weeping Saint

- Various unmarked cliffs, i'm so sorry if you were trying to have a romantic time, I am the rudest

Revenant's Toll.

Wineport is lovely, too.

I wish that the settlements had more interior spaces that could be used. That's one of the most frustrating things about RPing in the world. However, the lighthouse right near Moraby has some really nice interior spaces that are great for RP. :)

I want to see more people around La Noscea and The Shroud. Such beautiful scenery and yet almost all of the rp happens in Ul'dah. Nothing against  the desert, it's pretty!

I usually feel like the Shroud is hard, pending on how serious you take those pesky elementals. I try to be kind of lenient with the concept, but I know some folks are pretty "DOOM" about doing things that will piss them off.

Limsa itself seems to get the crap end of Rp....The Wench is so nice and Rp there is still sparse.

I've had some good scenes out by the cliffs edges in la Noscea tho..I can totally attest to that place...it's also the home of my secret favorite RP location >.>;

Limsa is gorgeous, the Wench is my favorite npc inn in the game. La Noscea has such lovely terrain, with the natural rock formations and...all the beasties who'd love to eat your face.

The Sanctum of the Twelve is a great RP spot, too, imo.

The tough thing, for me, about the Shroud is that with the exception of Hyrstmill and Fallgourd Float, the villages don't really feel like actual villages - they're either one building, or a barn and some stores, but no housing. And there isn't much in the way of interior space in Hyrstmill, alas.