Your RP Commandments

=D I want to hear the STORIES that created some of these rules. I feel there are STORIES to be heard here.

The only story I have is kinda short. This guy was making "thought" jabs at me because my character flat out asked why the guy wasn't wearing a shirt and then he got defensive and my character just said "Fuck it. I'm leaving." But he typed out as fast as he could something so I'd see it before getting OOR.

I turned around, cast salted earth in him, and walked away.

1. Be able to type a proper fucking sentence. If English is your second language, be open to critique so you can learn.

2. Don't expect me to canonize OOC drama into IC interactions.

3. You can rp anything with me as long as some actual thought and planning went into it and you can explain it to me in rational terms. Even a White Mage.

4. My gender is irrelevant.

5. My age is irrelevant.

6. My sexuality is irrelevant.

7. Don't be a clingy stalker.

8. I charge for ERP with random people. I don't know you and I could be doing more important things right now like instances or rp with other people, but instead i'm here getting your rocks off. It's an unrealistic demand you're making here to just expect people to bend over and take it with no compensation. This is basically prostitution, a sexual request, and no prostitute worth their salt gets fucked for free. If you don't like this rule, well, I reserve the right to look at you as being angry because they can't get free ERP, or the scum of the earth who just expects people to satisfy their every whim without some sort of compensation; either way, the price is 50k an hour.

9. I make mistakes, you make mistakes; we should both be allowed to make retcons for the sake of a better story.

10. Do not send me IC tells that contain no lewd information or aren't IC whispering. Just because i'm an ERPer doesn't mean you have to hide every message you send to me. It just makes your intentions more obvious (See Rule 8)

11. My character is a mage. I can explode things or pump you full of toxins with an arsenal of deadly magicks on a whim. If you approach me with your "big strong man" outside of something like the Grindstone, I reserve the right to defend myself with said arsenal...
    latest?cb=20151008145736
    ...And you will not like the results.

12. Don't be passive aggressive. I will know.

13. This is what you're doing. This is what you're trying to do. I refuse to interact with the former.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. You shouldn't passionately tell me future events of our characters and then tell me why they wouldn't happen only to ask later on why they wouldn't/shouldn't happen. Like, Bruh.
  2. Blackmail/threaten/manipulate/guilttrip me into RPing with you and we're done.
  3. If you tell me that IRL time is the same with my RP timeline time then I may just want to smack you.
  4. You should not use characters IC to get back on people you dislike OOC.
  5. Never connect IC with OOC. Characters and RPers are different.
  6. Thou shalt not be possessive of the characters/RPers OOC. They're not yours to keep.
  7. You should not leave a character/RPer hanging just because there's a new one that walked up to you guys. Include them in the RP! Or Gosh dang keep RPing with them.
  8. Please send me a /tell if you plan on bringing me into an RP because Ifrit's piss, I'm almost always AFK lol.
  9. I'm going to respect you OOC if you respect me OOC. I'm leaving if you don't.
  10. What I am/what happens in my life will not affect my character IC. (It will unfortunately affect my activity)
  11. I came to RP to have fun not deal with OOC drama.
  12. RPing is give and take. It's not a one side thing.
  13. Please don't be a creep OOC... We may be RPing but that doesn't mean we're super close.

Here's a special one...

• Just because we're RPing or we're RP buddies doesn't mean I'm going to draw every little ideas you have of our characters. They're requests, not commissions lol. I will draw whatever I want if I'm in the mood during my free time. ( Yes, I'm very salty with this ;; )

1. Don't treat RP as a job or chore, it is a hobby for you and others to have fun with.

2. Your RP will never be 100% perfect. Accept that not everyone has to like your character and move on if they have a problem.

3. Don't blend OOC memes/slang into IC, remember the game's universe and setting. Just because it sounds funny or hip (Hey Lalafell are all popoto, and femqo'te are hiding bananas) doesn't mean it'll fit.

4. Be considerate of other people's immersion, we are all RPing too.

5. Don't put RP lore ahead of in-game lore.

5.5. Quicksand isn't a brothel! It's not the only adventurer's guild! If you acknowledge everything that happens there as canon in RP it would be completely different than how it is represented in in-game lore!

5.6. Hermits Hovel is also not an ERP hub in lore!

6. Don't assume the position that should be taken by an NPC (example: Owner of an already existing building, the new Imperial legatus with a legion ready to invade)

7. Don't be a weeb.

8. If you get offended by other people's commandments, boohoo.

1. Don't treat RP as a job or chore, it is a hobby for you and others to have fun with.

2. Your RP will never be 100% perfect. Accept that not everyone has to like your character and move on if they have a problem.

3. Don't blend OOC memes/slang into IC, remember the game's universe and setting. Just because it sounds funny or hip (Hey Lalafell are all popoto, and femqo'te are hiding bananas) doesn't mean it'll fit.

4. Be considerate of other people's immersion, we are all RPing too.

5.5. Quicksand isn't a brothel! It's not the only adventurer's guild! If you acknowledge everything that happens there as canon in RP it would be completely different than how it is represented in in-game lore!

6. Don't assume the position that should be taken by an NPC (example: Owner of an already existing building, the new Imperial legatus with a legion ready to invade)

8. If you get offended by other people's commandments, boohoo.

Yush. Lotsa yush for these ones. Been fun rereading other peoples' commandments. My fiance is still tickled that this is a thing after he did it for me initially as a joke haha

Uh... let's see here.

1. There's only three important phrases in OOC: Please, Thank You, and "Step Off, B----"

2. You could have the worst lore-compliant character across all of the multiverse. If your character fits in a RL setting despite that, I'm still game for some RP at least.

3. 4th wall breaks/asides are acceptable during RP.

4. Perfect RP does not exist. Near-perfect RP does exist.

5. Have fun RPing. Here to entertain; not to coup de main.

[align=center]I. Thou shalt contribute thine best.

II. Thou shalt not expect the best of others to appear identical to thine own best.

III. Thou shalt recall that roleplay is a collaborative storytelling endeavour.

IV. Thou shalt not place thine enjoyment of thine own character above the enjoyment others derive from theirn own.

V. Thou shalt not place thine desire to nit-pick above the enjoyment of others.

VI. Thou shalt observe the limits, requests, and preferences of thine chosen roleplay partner(s) and group(s).

VII. Thou shalt clearly communicate thine own limits, requests, and preferences as soon as thine art aware of them thine own self.

VIII. Thou shalt not utilise in-character circumstances to bully, boss, or manipulate others out-of-character.

IX. Thou shalt not utilise out-of-character circumstances such as absences, illnesses, or emergencies in order to gain in-character leverage over the characters of others.

X. Thou shalt not utilise thine character to broadcast thine out-of-character, real-life, ugly prejudices I mean really people it's the 21st century we shouldn't have to be going over this again and again and again but we do and we are and I'm so tired, I'm so tired, why are people like this, why,

--[/align]

*Worth noting the last commandment in particular isn't inspired by any particular recent experience, just... having been a roleplayer of characters-who-would-be-subject-to-IRL-discrimination-if-they-were-people on the internet since 2006. ><

TL;DR: RP is for fun, don't be a jerk, and don't mix IC/OOC.

- If you feel the need to get out of the frame of the lore, then you have a creativity problem, or probably try to shoehorn something in the wrong setting.

- Edgy is rubbish. Same for weebs. Both combined are above and beyond the gutter. 

I don't need more. The rest on RP etiquette is just common sense.

"I watch a shit ton of anime which means I know actual Japanese culture respect me you fucking loser before my edgy character decapitates you and bathes in your blood."

"You know Japanese language incorporates Hindu-Arabic numbers right?"

"No it doesn't."

"..... you fucking weeb."

Thou shalt not begin every emote with "would".

Thou shalt not convey thine thoughts via emotes.

Thou shalt put forth thine best effort towards grammar and punctuation.

Thine character is not undefeatable, neither is thine character always a loser.

Thou shalt remember that your fellow RPers are not NPCs in your story.

Thou shalt not partake of a fantasia and name change whilst in the middle of an RP plot.

Thou shalt grow and develop your character(s) and not leave them to languish in the hell that is two-dimensional.

Thou shalt remember that even the worst of characters has good points and that good characters have weaknesses.

Thou shalt not be from another world and your plots should be plausible within lore.

Thou shalt realize that not everyone wants to ERP all the time, if at all.

Thou shalt not sexualize every character you encounter.

Thou shalt not assume another's sexuality or gender based on the character they play.

Thou shalt not demean others based on your personal preferences and shall move on if you see something you do not like.

Thou shalt not forget that roleplaying is a two-way conversation and that thine partner was not put on this planet just to entertain your ass.

Thou shalt not begin every emote with "would".

Thou shalt not convey thine thoughts via emotes.

Thou shalt put forth thine best effort towards grammar and punctuation.

Thine character is not undefeatable, neither is thine character always a loser.

Thou shalt remember that your fellow RPers are not NPCs in your story.

Thou shalt not partake of a fantasia and name change whilst in the middle of an RP plot.

Thou shalt grow and develop your character(s) and not leave them to languish in the hell that is two-dimensional.

Thou shalt remember that even the worst of characters has good points and that good characters have weaknesses.

Thou shalt not be from another world and your plots should be plausible within lore.

Thou shalt realize that not everyone wants to ERP all the time, if at all.

Thou shalt not sexualize every character you encounter.

Thou shalt not assume another's sexuality or gender based on the character they play.

Thou shalt not demean others based on your personal preferences and shall move on if you see something you do not like.

Thou shalt not forget that roleplaying is a two-way conversation and that thine partner was not put on this planet just to entertain your ass.

AMEN TO THE THINGS HERE xD

Granted I'm terrible with the whole, don't convey thoughts in replies. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.

Granted I'm terrible with the whole, don't convey thoughts in replies. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.

Hehe... there is actually a way around it... :3

/em pauses and pulls at his ear nervously as though suddenly shy in her presence.

/em hisses back, voice full of anger as well as fear.

/em sniffs with disdain and turns away, ignoring the other man's outstretched hand.

It's just a matter of emoting the descriptors of what the other person would see and probably pick up on naturally. At least, this is how I get the non-verbal communication across. ^^

/em pauses and pulls at his ear nervously as though suddenly shy in her presence.

/em sniffs with disdain and turns away, ignoring the other man's outstretched hand.

It's just a matter of emoting the descriptors of what the other person would see and probably pick up on naturally. At least, this is how I get the non-verbal communication across. ^^

I think it should be fine as long as you broadcast that your character does something visible within the emote to allow the other character to interpret or misinterpret at their leisure.

Oh yeah, I sometimes use that but most of the time, it's nice to like, be mysterious, ya know? Cos people tend to use the conveyed thoughts against your character just cos you typed it in the /em and that's--That's mostly yer fault haha

(Though I usually do the whole, convey the thoughts when enough relationship has developed/progressed between the characters)

Oh yeah, I sometimes use that but most of the time, it's nice to like, be mysterious, ya know? Cos people tend to use the conveyed thoughts against your character just cos you typed it in the /em and that's--That's mostly yer fault haha

(Though I usually do the whole, convey the thoughts when enough relationship has developed/progressed between the characters)

Oh, I think I see what you're saying. Yeah, if it's something I don't want the other one to know, I don't convey it in any way. lol. I just mean I like adding more descriptors to a simple /frown since by itself it doesn't say much. ^^;

Thou shalt keep it interesting.

Thou shalt speak clearly, free of mispelling, and as thine character.

If thou rollst the die, thou must accept th' die's judgement.

Thou shalt remember thine progression, and keep it holy.

Carry thine character with respect, traits, and flaws.

Narration is not thine shield, nor thoughts thine sword, convey on the surface what lies within.