New Stormblood Video (Spoilers!)

... It should be noted that Yda unmasks in the last patch of the current content - it's a flashback scene of stuff we've already seen - just like the bit with Papalymo. I think I saw some of the Benchmark stuff in there too, just with the Derplander in his usual slot.

What did catch my attention was that whole little bit with what looks like an entire Xaela tribe - including what looked like both a Xaelan chief and an elder. So, those hoping for some more lore on the Xaela and how their tribes work, that might be a glimmer of hope.

Plus, given that little bit of swordplay with Alisaie, it looks like those theories that she was going a RDM-y route might hold some water.

... It should be noted that Yda unmasks in the last patch of the current content - it's a flashback scene of stuff we've already seen - just like the bit with Papalymo. I think I saw some of the Benchmark stuff in there too, just with the Derplander in his usual slot.

What did catch my attention was that whole little bit with what looks like an entire Xaela tribe - including what looked like both a Xaelan chief and an elder. So, those hoping for some more lore on the Xaela and how their tribes work, that might be a glimmer of hope.

Plus, given that little bit of swordplay with Alisaie, it looks like those theories that she was going a RDM-y route might hold some water.

To be honest, I still haven't caught up with the MSQ. Too busy prepping for Samurai and Red Mage.

That's actually sorta why they released this some time after the MSQ patches went live and before the patch. So discussions around the Stormblood Theme Video won't be about how it's spoiler-y and focus on threading discussion for the story in the expansion. It's the same with Heavensward theme where it showed 2.55's climax.

I really... sorta want to know everything about Fordola and Yotsuyu, the arguably very grey-black to black on the scale of black/white/grey sides in the conflict. Lyse is very much white in that aspect but the Live Letter and 4.0 page indicate just how much we may see from Fordola and Yotsuyu, who are heroes of their own stories.

Classic, quality Father-Son Bonding moment. Nothing like good ol' revolution for ya Raubahn and Pipin!

I think I'm pretty queer enough to not need to say this but.

I'm so fucking gay. Step on me Yotsuyu.

tumblr_inline_oq1eo29lXM1u0iapb_500.gif

tumblr_oq1rqlI6OW1qhf2lso1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_oq1rs3imyB1qgbh9m_1280.png

Are these the Azim Steppes Au Ra bird mounts (similar to how Griffins are more Ala Mhigan) or are they more Doman? Did the Prince do something special to call them in (both Au Ra group and the birds)?

tumblr_oq1ri1jA0L1qhf2lso1_1280.png

Please no.

tumblr_oq1r9ugm0s1qhf2lso1_1280.png

Why is Urahara here?

I'm so happy to see a heap of (younger) Ala Mhigans who are loyal to the Garleans! But I think we might be booted out of Rhalgr's Reach eventually and forced to flee to Othard to gather support? I'm not sure!

Was really cool to see the Xaela. AND A GRANDMA AU RA. LIKE HOLY SHIT.

Not to mention, its cool to see some villainous women this time around. (even if they probably get a redemption plot, turn out not to be evil ect. But still!)

Definitely what this game's story needed was more large-scale action. Heavensward only had a single large-scale battle depicted (the Final Steps of Faith) but these prospects look good.

The only thing I'm not particularly interested in is the Doman Prince because design-wise he's totally uninspired and I'm afraid he'll be fairly lifeless, but maybe they can give him some nuance yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic that things will be much more nuanced and morally complicated this time around. To the credit of the developers they have proven that they learn from their mistakes and are willing to take constructive feedback on board. I think they'll do a better job at showing the justifications for the antagonists' actions as well as giving them more time in the spotlight.

Everything is shaping up to be rather interesting, though I do hope the pacing is better this time around and they don't rush through storylines like they did after 3.0 concluded. Ishgard left a sour taste in my mouth because after 3.0 concluded we were mostly stuck with seeing Aymeric and his supporters, which is a flavour I don't particularly care for as it wasn't what intrigued me about Ishgardian society in the first place.

So, here's hoping that all the factions involved in 4.0 will be able to do their own thing and be complicated. I don't want the grit removed. I don't want them all to suddenly become 'progressive' as that makes for a boring story. Let the Ala Mhigans continue to be flawed. Let the Garleans be well intentioned extremists, working towards the greater good in their own way - but ensure that they aren't without redeeming qualities.

New Stormblood video just came out showing some cutscenes for the MSQ. Among them we get to see Yda unmask and guess who she bears an uncanny resemblance to. Spoilers ahead!

[video=youtube]

Who does Lysse resemble? I must have missed that.

I asked this on the official forums, but didn't get an answer, so maybe one of the lorehounds here might know.

vCZY8hh.jpg

What symbol is this? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere, but I've completely forgotten what it means.

(Also that flag is ridiculously big. Questions of "why" and "how the heck did they get it up there" swirl around.)

I asked this on the official forums, but didn't get an answer, so maybe one of the lorehounds here might know.

What symbol is this? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere, but I've completely forgotten what it means.

(Also that flag is ridiculously big. Questions of "why" and "how the heck did they get it up there" swirl around.)

Hrmn... the Star of Destruction, no? Isn't that an Ala Mhigan symbol by their deity, Rhalgr? Or it could be related to the Red Mages I suppose.

I just hope we spend as much time in Ala Mhigo, as we do in Doma, if not a bit more time in Ala Mhigo. As someone who comes from 1.0, the whole deal with Ala Mhigo has been ingrained in us for some time.

The knowledge that Gaius Van Baelsar won Ala Mhigo without a shed of blood (and only came later as the people started to infight, thus the resistance), how Nael Van Darnus was given command to take Eorzea after Gaius failure, thus brainwashing children of Ala Mhigo...

The fact that Ala Mhigo has been under Garlean rule for at least 15-20 years now (depending on how much time passes via MSQ, beyond the 5 years pass between 1.0 and 2.0).

We been hit fairly hard with the "Here is the state of Ala Mhigo" for some time. I will be kinda sad if they just simply give us a glimpse into it, but all we are doing is just running through it with the bigger part of the story being in Othard.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is cool we are going to Othard, but I am far more interested in what is happening to Ala Mhigo and how over all these years, ruled by one Viceroy who was 'kind' and now being ruled by a viceroy who is an evil jerk.

How does this impact the people?

How is it impacting their culture?

Did people get into another skirimish over the changing of the viceroys?

I want to know more about Ala Mhigo dangit! xD

I think most know it should be related to Rhalgr but the exact group/faction, why etc is unknown. Basically, we have informed guesses but nothing confirmed.

Weird. I keep thinking that I've definitely seen that symbol somewhere, but now I'm wondering if it's a false memory.

I think most know it should be related to Rhalgr but the exact group/faction, why etc is unknown. Basically, we have informed guesses but nothing confirmed.

Weird. I keep thinking that I've definitely seen that symbol somewhere, but now I'm wondering if it's a false memory.

Nah, just in trailers and teasers so far.

My guess is that is symbolises the first Ala Mhigans, the ones who followed the meteor 'send my Rhalgr' which ended up leading them into Gyr Abania. Given you know, it looks like a path and meteor! So yeah, that's my guess.

Seeming the Ala Mhigan flag might have some painful memories for a lot of Ala Mhigans, due to it being tied in with the Fist of Rhalgr and the King of Ruin. They might have chosen to drop the flag symbolising that past and instead opted for a new one, back to what they once were before the King of Ruin (and possibly religious oppression) became a thing. Time will tell no doubt! It probably is Resistance related. But that's my best guess currently.

I think it's the flag of the Resistance. Historical examples often show that resistance movements rarely use the flag of their country. Especially when they oppose their own country that they consider illegitimate.