Balmung Transfer Restriction Megathread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The specifics of the data was patch 3.3 minion obtainment. I'm not sure if most RPers get past more than getting their characters to 60?

I've found a lot pushing to stay current so they can get into the Stormblood expansion areas at patch drop.  

In any case I'm pulling the raw census data to see if they have some way to produce more granular activity information.  Mostly because I have an unhealthy love for data analytics.

Ohhhhhhhhhh it just became clear to me. 

Two months or so after Stormblood drops, server reorganization is announced and the high pop servers split. People are ticked, but most who were going to buy the expansion already did, too late, so sad. SE announces a date for 4.1, which they've already said is when they'll unlock more housing wards. The angry people get drowned out by the ones who are super stoked for the new housing area and the possibility of getting a house there. Some players unsub, but, other players who had previously unsubbed because they couldn't get a house resub due to the new housing coming. Subscription wash, maybe? 

I'd almost bet actual money this is exactly what we're going to see happen.

And then everyone pays transfer money to end up on the right server with friends! More dollah dollah.

I'd say if they did the split, they would probably generate FC lists and try to put all of one FC on one side. Or at least you'd hope.

They'd be in so much trouble if they broke FCs.

But then that leaves this question. During the FFXI split, what happened with people's linkshells? ...there weren't guilds/FCs or anything, right?

There's two sets of statistics - total, and active. They can be found here:

https://ffxivcensus.com/

Balmung's total isn't even near top for NA, at 148k versus Famfrit's 289k (most of which are going to be bots, btw). But its active is far and away the highest, at 13k versus Gilgamesh's 11k.

We could lose 2,000 active players and still not be eligible for unlock.

Just to clarify. These statistics are somewhat disingenuous. The method he uses negates a significant amount of active players and people on reddit have poked multiple holes in it. Lucky Bancho does a much more thorough analysis-- one that doesn't omit players who don't bother with the MSQ until later on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5za5zx/lucky_banchos_unofficial_census_has_been_updated/