Alternate RP Server

Which Alternate RP server do you choose?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which Alternate RP server do you choose?

The Poll should be closed now or should be closing very soon. As such, I'm renaming the thread so it can continue to be used to discuss alternate RP servers and a resource for players that continue to look to the RP-C for alternatives.

Please by all means continue discussions, the previous threads will still be linked in this main post as well as the old post in a spoiler tag.

Updated: 5/23

A new Alternate RP Directory thread has been created for a one stop resource for all active RP servers. If your information or server is not listed in the thread please PM me and I will add it ASAP.

Alternate RP Server Directory

After a terrific 48 hours getting feedback in the sister thread I believe we have come to the point where we can vote on what the community feels would be the preferred secondary server.

Once again, this is not an invalidation of work on the smaller RP servers, but a focus on which server the community wants to put into. Please do not take offense at the results but I do request looking into the winning servers and see if you would like to focus efforts in one area.

Before voting, please know that there will only be one chance to vote. At the bottom of this post will be a link to the sister thread where we have gotten feedback for the last 48 hours. Please also do your own independent research through tumblr and the official forums.

Please also be aware that free transfers will eventually be an option for Balmung with many incentives, including bonus XP, Gil and housing reimbursement for leaving your house. It is unknown at this time which servers will be chosen for this privilege.

This poll will run for 48 hours, after which the top voted servers will be put into a new poll to help narrow down the choices. I understand that this is a quick timeframe for an important issue, but the fact that Balmung will remain cut off for the foreseeable future means we need to act quickly for the new and returning players that wish to continue to RP without access to Balmung.

There is a secondary vote being held on Tumblr at the moment, if you are a user please pass the poll around so we can get a wide net of feedback.

EU Server Poll

Leggerless's Tumblr Poll

1st Alternate RP Server Discussion Thread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

//Modhat 

This thread is not here for debate on if an alternate server should exist, nor reactions to Balmung's transfer being suspended temporarily. Please respect this. Any off topic comments will be removed. 

//Modhat off.

I voted for Mateus, personally. Logically, it makes the most sense it would be at least one of the servers selected for bonuses/free transfers, given the unofficial population data. I do think we should wait until they offer these bonuses to move alts or make them, however that wouldn't stop people from preparing for it on the RPC. Advertisements, stories being written, having its own event board, etc.

Oh good. So this is more to determine who the candidates for the new Unofficial RP server are, rather than for the server itself. Two Days seemed very short, but if its more to gauge interest in the candidates that feels better.

We'll likely have a while to decide, SB comes out the 20th of June, I'd say here in a couple weeks or so we'll see them rolling out bonuses. Or at least, I hope they start at least a couple of weeks before SB hits. Gives people enough time to level characters.

Waiting to hear the second half of the high population server locking restrictions would be prudent before any choice is made. It could almost be assured this will come before the release of 4.0 so players can pick a server before the expansion lands. If you could please add a proper preface to this post to kindly remind everyone of this and that we still don't have the full picture yet.

Waiting to hear the second half of the high population server locking restrictions would be prudent before any choice is made. It could almost be assured this will come before the release of 4.0 so players can pick a server before the expansion lands. If you could please add a proper preface to this post to kindly remind everyone of this and that we still don't have the full picture yet.

I am not sure what you mean by second half of the restrictions. Do you mean the transfer off incentives that will be provided?

As a follow up to what I had first asked. I say this with the thought that if one of the above lower population servers does indeed become one of the designated worlds that the other smaller rp communities can have a chance to merge together if they wish. I know lots of these smaller communities have players that were unable to create on Balmung and with some unable/unwilling to pay the transfer fee. The idea of getting a free transfer with seemingly full housing reimbursement among the 160m gil cap now could be what sways some of these smaller groups to merge together.

Just wanted to keep that on everyone's mind since has been such a big topic for all.

Could we please have this poll revised to reflect:

(1) It is not an official decision of the FFXIV RP community, RPC community, EU RP community, and Tumblr RP community?  The poll should also reflect that it reflects the procedural rules and voting criteria adopted exclusively by the OP.

(2) You know what.

Also, for the convenience of all, here are the current results of the Tumblr poll:

Mateus - 40

None (Balmung) - 16

Jenova - 6

New world created at SB (EU Only?) - 6

Sargatanas - 4

Other World (Leave a comment!) - 4

I also voted for Mateus. Not to invalidate the hard work of others on other servers, but it already has the most people there so the transition should be minimal and they already have a nice base to build on.

As a follow up to what I had first asked. I say this with the thought that if one of the above lower population servers does indeed become one of the designated worlds that the other smaller rp communities can have a chance to merge together if they wish. I know lots of these smaller communities have players that were unable to create on Balmung and with some unable/unwilling to pay the transfer fee. The idea of getting a free transfer with seemingly full housing reimbursement among the 160m gil cap now could be what sways some of these smaller groups to merge together.

Just wanted to keep that on everyone's mind since has been such a big topic for all.

They're not going to give free transfers between small servers. They're giving free transfers from capped servers to small servers.

Could we please have this poll revised to reflect:

(1) It is not an official decision of the FFXIV RP community, RPC community, EU RP community, and Tumblr RP community?  The poll should also reflect that it reflects the procedural rules and voting criteria adopted exclusively by the OP.

(2) You know what.

Also, for the convenience of all, here are the current results of the Tumblr poll:

Mateus - 40

None (Balmung) - 16

Jenova - 6

New world created at SB (EU Only?) - 6

Sargatanas - 4

Other World (Leave a comment!) - 4

Please do not summarize the Tumblr vote. There is support for other servers as well and undermines the work and support they have.

If you wish to see the full current results for the Tumblr poll, it is here.

This thread and the previous I started and organized as a stage for the discussion, benefits and preferences for the secondary servers. I made sure that the original poll showed usernames to make sure that a sense of transparency was present. However, this poll and previous thread have never been about forcing an opinion or decision of the community but as an avenue to show the preferences of the community and the server they choose.

It is about making an informed decision in a time that the original preference is no longer allowed. I am gathering data from the volunteers that post and vote to present to the public, not declaring anything under my name or anyone else.

Tossing my vote in for Maeteus. I was already planning to transfer there when the expansion hits so free or not my choice isn't really changed. Odds are in favor I'll be getting things planned out and events set up to help the community over there. I've been trying to keep in touch with the various free companies or LS' during my out of game time as well. (Though I have slacked on that a bit in recent months due to personal reasons). 

Personally I'm all for whatever server gets the end votes to be deemed the alternative NA rp server. ^^ So long as the rp community as a whole supports and tries to aid in the process or idea of it. 

The reason why is because the incentives can make or break whether or not people choose to leave. As someone quoted earlier there are indeed pros and cons to voting early and waiting for the designated worlds. There are many possibilities and their likelihoods aren't high but it does well to consider all the angles.

Square Enix retains the option of merging some of the lower pop worlds. What happens if Mateus (which is currently my top choice) ends up being merged with goblin or Zalera and doesn't get a designated free world transfer bonus? What if some communities would be willing to uproot but only for a designated bonus? More communities means a healthier, more robust one that can facilitate differing opinions and possible breaks in thought. We all want this endeavor to succeed and want to give it all the best options and support possible.