RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive )

Gerik

Please PM if interested in taking on a new RPer~ 

Right now I am:

-Thinking about my character. Race, look, traits.

-Learning the lore. Clarifications / quick answers would help

-Picking a guild. Or maybe making one. Help? 

-Trying to figure out the whole RP community thing. If you can introduce me to a few friends, that'd be great.

PM please, I might miss a reply on this thread.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be glad to answer any questions and provide feedback if anyone wanted any!

Also, I sent a PM to you Mechhead!

EDIT: I sent a PM to everyone listed on the first page that didn't have a mentor, just in case they were left in limbo!

EDIT2: Also, the people who I PMed are free to ask OTHER RPers for feedback as well! More opinions and new perspectives can shed some light on things that I don't notice or help you with questions I can't answer!

I'd like to point out that while I don't have the RP experience or the time to be a full-on mentor, and I'm still learning some things myself, I do feel I have enough know-how when it comes to RP to answer any questions anyone might have. Especially if they don't want to dedicate themselves to a mentor.

I like giving feedback as well.

Hello! I'm looking to make a male Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te as my main character upon release of the game. However, it's very new to me, and the culture and lore of just the Miqo'te species in general is very different from anything I've played, and I feel like if I tried on my own to play out a character as such that I wouldn't be giving the race justice.

Also, FFXIV in general is completely new to me, so I want to make things right and learn as much as I can, but also have a buddy to show me the ropes. I could always use a friend and a mentor. Hopefully I'm not jumping in way above my head? Erm...

I'm not new to RPing, but this whole story is so new that I feel that I need to take some baby steps. I'd also would love help with maybe figuring out what guild would be good for me? I'd really love a guild that would also be centred around roleplaying.

EDIT: Currently, Dhesi'a is on server Gilgamesh.

Hi, I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as Hyunseo as I also plan to play a male Keepers of the Moon Miqo'te. I've done tribal RP as I played a troll in WoW and I've also done a tiny bit of matriarchal type RP as well but I'm still worried that I wouldn't be able to do the race justice. My other concern is building the character's history as I recall reading that we will be able to re-customize our toons from 1.0 so not entirely sure how to work out that my character is already so experienced (lvl 34 dragoon). All in all I guess I'm just looking for someone to help me dip my toes in the water a bit before I dive right in!

I hate being the third 'planning to play a male Keeper of the Moon' post in a row... but yes... I am...

That said, I would really love someone experienced with the game and well versed in the lore to talk to about some of my ideas (utterly new to FFXIV, though I am in the beta... even if it's just causing more questions)... and well, just about going about things like where to post what and such in general. n__n;  I'm a bit overwhelmed roaming through posts and trying to figure things all out, so PMs would be very lovely.

Agree to disagree.  I'm still inclined to think that there would be a great deal more constructive feedback from someone who has actually RPed in a similar style or engaged in similar interactions as what the student is looking to do - more specific questions can be answered with greater accuracy based on past experiences in RP by a similar-minded RPer or similar character.  There are plenty of alternative perspectives here on the RPC which can be solicited as well.  But were I a student at any discipline looking for a mentor, I would want someone who held a similar mindset or similar views and still afforded a wonderful opportunity to learn.  So I respectfully disagree with you on this point.

I agree.

This is a great idea! I feel like I have much to learn still about role-playing. Please sign me up as a mentee.

Seems only appropriate that I make the offer to help ya out a bit Myal, but I'll let you decide whether that is useful or not. Hoping ya say it is. Yar. ^ ^

Just joined, but I have chunk of questions I wouldn't mind asking about if someone wants to help a friend out =)

Feel free to PM me your questions and I shall answer them as best I can. I like to be helpful. ^ ^

Hello, I've done mainly Forum and Chat system rps. I did try to do an online RP with WoW but I got confused.

I would like to be a mentee please! ^^ I don't really have any in-depth info about my potential character yet but I know that she may be a Lalafell though.

EDIT! - I forgot to add something! Hehe, if you ever wanna contact me, I have a skype and a yahoo messenger or you can contact me here. My yahoo is [email protected] which I'm gonna put in my profile on here in a second, and my skype is naoko3692.

I'm not learned in the ways of lore as I'm a n00b to XIV, but I've done a good bit of homework. I'm also a seasoned RPer, I'd like to think. If you need a mentor, you need a JJ!

Server: Gilgamesh

Name: John Silversheath

OR JUST PM me here or skype: John.d.spiegel

While I wouldn't say I want a full on mentor (and this could be the wrong place to post this), if there's someone who wouldn't mind fielding some questions about game world lore and possibly a bit of critiquing/sounding board for character building, that'd be greatly appreciated. :)

I'd be really interested in getting a mentor. I just recently stopped lurking and started to get involved with the community. Definitely looking forward to delving deeply into the lore. Ultimately though, I feel like I'm going to need a lot of help and guidance since I'm kind of a beginner.

After perusing the blurbs each mentor gave, I came to hard decision (I'd kinda like to learn from everyone. Haha). If you aren't super busy Endemerrin, I'd like for you to be my mentor.

I am very much interested in starting  a roleplay character for my eventual arrival in Eorzea. I do have some role play experience with City of heros but I also had an extensive understanding and great support with my group. 

Im more of a carefree personality in games and a wanderer, seeking out new adventures and experiences. Friends I acquire on my journey are friends till the end(IC wise), I prefer to be loyal to those loyal to me. So please PM if you think you can help me develop a backstory for my would be persona.

I would enjoy having a mentor very much. We could go on picnics then take long sunset walks on the beach. Then before I go to sleep at the foot of your bed I could give you a nice massage. I'd be the best apprentice ever. Oh right and I guess some teaching and learning could be thrown in there after all "All play and no work makes a day great"....

I'd be really interested in getting a mentor. I just recently stopped lurking and started to get involved with the community. Definitely looking forward to delving deeply into the lore. Ultimately though, I feel like I'm going to need a lot of help and guidance since I'm kind of a beginner.

After perusing the blurbs each mentor gave, I came to hard decision (I'd kinda like to learn from everyone. Haha). If you aren't super busy Endemerrin, I'd like for you to be my mentor.

I'll do everything I can! Either I'll hit you up with a PM tomorrow or the next day, or you can drop me one and we can get things situated and started. I'm ready when you are~

I still need mentees if anyone needs a mentor. :D

HAI! *Wave waves* I think the only thing I need help with most is the bio. I haven't gotten in game yet so I'm not in the complete... O0O OH SHIT WHAT DO I DO?! Mode then get all shy and stuff and be all quiet. I'm not sure if there's others stuff I need help with yet though. There might be stuff I didn't even know I needed help with.

Just wanted to leave a short note for the mentees; please don't be shy about picking a mentor. I don't want to see anyone who posts in this thread be forgotten. If you're not picky about who you get, be sure to let us know, that way the mentors know to extend their hand. :)

Who's late to the party? It's me! But! I thought I'd finally throw me name in here now that I have some LS stuff handled and I'm all settled in back home :D

Yo yo! I'm Xenedra here on the forums, as well as in game, though I may play with an alt from time to time. The wiki for my dear main character Xene is here. I have a degree in computer art, as well as fine art, and I'm currently being a lazy house-wife as well as a freelance character designer/graphic artist. You can see some of my art here if you're interested :3.

My first MMO was Ultima Online, though I definitely never RP'd in it. I used to do all my RP exclusively on yahoo message boards... which I don't think exist anymore : P. That's an indicator of how long I've been RPing, maybe? Either way, I don't want to admit how long it's been! Many years after UO I played Final Fantasy XI. RP'd in that as well, for about 6 years, until XIV came out, then I swapped to that. In the interim between 1.0 and 2.0 I played Guild War 2, Aion, Ragnarok Online 2, and Tera... I pretty much NEED 2.0 release liiike yesterday. My main classes in 1.0 were bard, black mage, and monk.

I'm involved in probably too many linkshells, but since I don't have a 9-5 job it hasn't been to difficult to keep up. I help as a sort of second in Blue Skies, from which I plan to get my adventuring fix, I run/help run Intermission, the OOC hub linkshell, and I'm the boss over at Soliloquy, the performing arts LS and tavern. I'm also involved in the FFXIV podcast over on Gamer Escape, Aetheryte Radio.

I'm reeeeally excited to see all the new faces and open to helping out anyone who needs it :). Drop me a PM or leave a post here if you're interested :>

*waves*

Hey, i's 31 years old me, with my 17-ish years of RP experience in a dozen pen&paper rpg's, a dozen of mmo's and a handful of LARPs!

But, prepare for a shock...

I'm actually looking for a mentor!

Let me explain. For the past few years, I've been through a lot, and have been staying away from RP on a large scale. And by large scale I mean anything over 3-4 participants. And usually, RP's have been just me and a friend.

Lately, I started playing pen&paper with a few friends and a few of -their- friends, for a totel of like 8 people or so. My first longterm RP experience with strangers in years. And it wasn't very deep RP either cause so many players, and we had to keep things moving, etc.

So yeah, I'm RUSTY.

I know the theory for the most part but the practice, in a large scale setting with strangers while playing a mmo... that still kind of eludes me, it's been too long. I'm in SWTOR, people are RPing and I'm like.... okayface... and I move along.

I figure I could use a hand getting back into it.

Might seem like a daunting task (like getting Rocky back in shape after his retirement or something :P), but I promise I'm fun. Usually. ^^;