Spoiler Policy - Patch 4.5 Content Read more... ×
Kaiverta

Where is everyone?

Yikes, I was attempting to make a comeback to the game and then got SUPER busy. Now I've finally returned and the chat is empty! :o Are you all adulting?

I think most people have probably made the transition to discord servers for the majority of their chatting needs. And potentially as forum/tumblr companion/replacements as well, although my personal opinions is that a forum's still much better suited for threads and posts, but perhaps I'm getting old and outdated?

The RPC still remains the most populated FFXIV RP related website though. I've seen a few clones come and go, and there've been a couple more recently for select servers, etc. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Mercenary said:

I think most people have probably made the transition to discord servers for the majority of their chatting needs. And potentially as forum/tumblr companion/replacements as well, although my personal opinions is that a forum's still much better suited for threads and posts, but perhaps I'm getting old and outdated?

The RPC still remains the most populated FFXIV RP related website though. I've seen a few clones come and go, and there've been a couple more recently for select servers, etc. 

Hi Merc! :D  Good to still see you. So is there an official Discord server that I can join, or are you talking just fan-made things and they're kinda sticking to themselves?

7 hours ago, Kaiverta said:

Hi Merc! :D  Good to still see you. So is there an official Discord server that I can join, or are you talking just fan-made things and they're kinda sticking to themselves?

No official discords for the RPC! [At this time. And currently no plans to]. 

Mostly sun groups here and there. Or stuff I see on tumblr. 

People are still social, but the venues for being social have changed a bit. 

Just now, Unnamed Mercenary said:

No official discords for the RPC! [At this time. And currently no plans to]. 

Mostly sun groups here and there. Or stuff I see on tumblr. 

People are still social, but the venues for being social have changed a bit. 

Oh I see. :o What is 'sun groups' ?

On 11/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, Unnamed Mercenary said:

A typo!

Some* groups. 

Oh, HUWAHA. That's very funny.

Ahem.

Sorry again for the delay. D: The holiday season was wild. I am glad it's over. Happy new year!

Yeah, I think Discord has taken over a lot of the chats, and I do know the Tumblr community is still growing at a fairly rapid pace.

How DOES one get into the Tumblr side of things? For anyone watching this thread that can help a Tumblr newbie out *Cough*

As a social network built off curating one's own "community" as some may call it, your best shots with tumblr are basically following people you find agreeable. And then following people based on the posts and reblogs made from those you follow.

Finding new things is basically... not part of how tumblr works. But it's incredibly good at creating a unique and curated experience, which is something it does quite well! (The same could be said about discord groups as well, as you aren't really going to find an invite unless someone puts one out there. Or you get invited in.) 

Some may call it clique-ish, and I guess it can be seen that way, but it's also something people in consistent groups would form anyways. You could try the FFXIV tag for some starters, or just check if the people here who have content you like have a link either in their profile/signature or posted in the probably very dated tumblr thread.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:26 AM, SicketySix said:

Yeah, I think Discord has taken over a lot of the chats, and I do know the Tumblr community is still growing at a fairly rapid pace.

Hey, Six! :D

Discorrrd. Evil Discord. Even the MuD I RP on (when I have time, these days e.e ) has slowed down dramatically because people are on Discord chatting now.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:19 AM, Kaiverta said:

Hey, Six! :D

Discorrrd. Evil Discord. Even the MuD I RP on (when I have time, these days e.e ) has slowed down dramatically because people are on Discord chatting now.

Well, you know what they say, if you can't beat em' join em'!

14 hours ago, SicketySix said:

Well, you know what they say, if you can't beat em' join em'!

Troo... Though I wouldn't have anything meaningful to add. xD I haven't played the game in years. I've forgotten all that I did know, and I know nothing about the new stuff.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, Kaiverta said:

Troo... Though I wouldn't have anything meaningful to add. xD I haven't played the game in years. I've forgotten all that I did know, and I know nothing about the new stuff.

Well, can always fix that! The last two expansions have been pretty good.