What do you do to find roleplayers while playing in game?

Hi again! 

I'm aware of websites where you can meet players who share your interests (like this forum itself). But, Is it possible to find roleplayers while playing in game? If so, How can I do it?...

(approaching someone random looks a bit odd I think). 

On the Mateus server, it's practically impossible to avoid players with the RP tag since they're everywhere. On non-RP servers, perhaps having your status set to Roleplaying might help.

Agree with the comment about Mateus, there is rp all over the place.  Same with Balmung.

But beyond that, I like to look at people's glams and their search info.  See if there is anything there that catches my eye, and potentially compliment it.  Or make an attempt of a joke about their search info, if they have something humorous there.  Then if that goes well, I make the offer of rp.

Doesn't always work, but I figure that I can at least put out the effort to find rp.

12 hours ago, Zephy_Hime said:

Hi again! 

I'm aware of websites where you can meet players who share your interests (like this forum itself). But, Is it possible to find roleplayers while playing in game? If so, How can I do it?...

(approaching someone random looks a bit odd I think). 

Approach IC if their bio includes something like "walkups welcome."

Otherwise, send a tell first if you feel nervous.

I avoid the Ul'dah hub and get quite a bit of random RP in the wild, when I put some effort in. My other source is events and LS.

Lets leave aside the RP flag, because that's too easy

JFDI

• You have to always be checking and prepared to RP, if not you wont spot it
  • My general approach is to just throw our IC comments and from time to time someone bites
  • Listen (watch) the /say channel to see if they are RPing, and just throw some IC chatter in, walk up etc..

Cautious?

• Check for RP flags
  • Check their search info, it may say "♥WU" or similar  (I often check this as you get some insight to them)
  • You can always PM them if still reticent 

• 2 weeks later...

When you see players with "RP" status on, and they are alone--I say walk up to them and ask to join them! :) best works in taverns / bars or if they are alone in a corner. Also try having your Search Comment be "WU/T welcome!" and having your Status on "RP" too.

On RP servers, try having "RP" status on and sitting in a tavern / bar. Or outside, but near the tavern /bar. My favorite place is the outside ledge of Drowning Wench (Limsa Lominsa).

Buena suerte!