RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED)

What is your character's primary class?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your character's primary class?

• Arcanist
    • Conjurer
    • Thaumaturge
    • Archer
    • Gladiator
    • Lancer
    • Marauder
    • Pugilist
    • Alchemist
    • Armorer
    • Blacksmith
    • Carpenter
    • Culinarian
    • Goldsmith
    • Leatherworker
    • Weaver
    • Botanist
    • Fisherman
    • Miner

This census poll focuses on your main character's primary class. Note that jobs were left off of this for the following reason: Classes are required for jobs (as jobs are technically 'advanced training' of classes) but jobs are not required for classes. In other words, a character can consider themselves a thaumaturge without considering him/herself a black mage. On the other hand, you can't consider oneself a black mage without knowing thaumaturgy.

Only existing classes are included in this poll. So please choose the one that best represents your character. In order to not skew the results, the "other" option is intentionally left off. We have to work with what SE gives us lore-wise right now after-all. So again, choose as best as you can and leave a more in depth response below!

Arcanist

Conjurer

Thaumaturge

Archer

Gladiator

Lancer

Marauder

Pugilist

Alchemist

Armoror

Blacksmith

Carpenter

Culinarian

Goldsmith

Leatherworker

Weaver

Botanist

Fisherman

Miner

I picked Conjurer. Her natural talent in it is what gave Seohyun the courage to leave the safe walls of Ul'dah and begin adventuring. While I wanted to pick Arcanist because she's starting to dabble in it in order to get rid of her 'Damsel In Distress' skin. I feel like being a healer will always come first and foremost.

Weaver made the most sense for me since we're talking about class here. I think White Mage may have probably made more sense overall if we were also including jobs and not just classes, but I have a hard time identifying with the Conjurer storyline as it is by itself. Besides, Weaving has sort of underscored most everything Eva has done, even with the couple of other jobs she's involved herself with. And it was the one I started out with. And the first one I got to 50. And the first one I was really passionate about even before there were 'jobs' as we know them now.

I'm tooooorn...

I initially imagined my character as a conjurer, but now I think that the gladiator charisma suits her as well. I guess she'll be a conjurer first and foremost due to the nature of her personal story.

(What I don't like about conjurers is their tunics. I mean, I like them, just not for my character).

Though my main will likely start as a conjurer, I'm aiming to make her an Arcanist when it becomes available, since I don't think it will be in phase 4.

I always wanted to level my summoner in XI, but was never able to get the summons etc. It didn't help that people needed a WHM more often either.

My main will be a bard, because im am highly fascinated by music and everything related. So i voted archer.

But i intend to let him start as an archer, and he becoming a bard is intended to unfold later in the course of his story.

edit: at least thats what i have planned for now. ^^

ICly, Antimony is primarily an accountant (so, none of the available options xD), but she hobbies in conjury and arcanist studies because she's very much a mental person. OOCly, I intend to level what I need for her to be both white mage and scholar.

I admit, while I do love alt-ing and probably will make an alt or two, I will probably wind up dabbling in all classes with my main, although he's gonna be primarily Marauder-focused. I am thinking of something different with my alt/s, of course, haven't decided yet.

Really, some of the labor/crafting classes are just cool. I have to figure it out...

:ahriman::moogle:

Either Gladiator or Marauder. My primary PvX goal is to tank so I'm just trying to decide which I'd prefer. Anyone with extensive experience with either/both classes I'd be quite appreciative in your assistance with helping to iron this decision out.