• Female - 0 to 25
    • Female - 25 to 50
    • Female - 50 to 75
    • Female - 75 to 100
    • Male - 0 to 25
    • Male - 25 to 50
    • Male - 50 to 75
    • Male - 75 to 100

I always have a problem picking height when a game gives the option. Too tall and you stand out, too short and you might feel awkward. How you want your character to come off can sometimes be portrayed by how they look. People might assume a short character is cute or innocent and a tall one is powerful and commanding etc.

So I'm curious, what height will you set for your character?

I would have liked to split the poll down to race and gender, but that would not fit. :P So if you'd like to reply with your race/gender etc, that would be interesting.

I'm one of the numerous Miqo'te set at "shortest" which I guestimated was around 4'8" or so. She's just a very petite character all around, and it does make her slightly awkward how much she has to look up at other characters, but it suits her. :) It was exceptionally funny because her best friend was about 6'1". xD

I'm making a male Seeker Miqo'te and he will be at 58 on the slider, but I figured he's like... 5'6". This is an interesting thread. I just picked this out because it looked the best to me, for my character. Strange that I'm so tall in real life (6'2") yet play mostly short characters.

This thread has some useful information for those who want to assign numbers to their heights and don't know where to start, too. :) It gives average, shortest, and tallest for each race and gender, using an average human male's (caucasian I believe..?) height for the average Midlander Hyur male as a standard.

I used the lovely thread Aysun linked and figured that 71 was about 5'5" for a male Miqo'te (assuming I was paying attention and mathed correctly), which sounds like a good height to me. It's what I'm still planning on anyway. For now.

If only I could understand the American metric system ;_;

I'll follow ingame numbers then (100 max). My hyur was 28 in the beta, while my Miqo'te was at minimum.

Metrics is all 10's so it's easier to convert between mm, cm, dm, m and km... I find inches and feet and miles weird because the numbers just seem a bit random. ^^;

Anyays

1" = 2.5cm

so 1' = 12" = 30cm

so 6' = 160cm = 1.8m

As far as my characters go...

My Legacy characters I really don't remember so I didn't vote.

I think my Miqo'te was rather short.

My Roegadyn girl is at like 80.

And my Elezen I believe I set at 70 or 75.

I always roll really short, because I'm short. Generally either the shortest, or in the 20-35 range. I'm 5'10" with shoes, so I relate to a character who's almost always shorter than other males, and on par with females.

I've rolled a couple exceptions, and while they have been fun to RP, or short-term non-rp fun, they never last. Dreke the wildwood elezen is the most long-lived character I've played that was tall, and he was right around 70.

Eva was 'shortest' in 1.0 but we gave her a little height in ARR. She's still shorter than an average elezen, but not by as much. We picked '33' on the height slider for a number of reasons. I figure she's about 5'9".

These results so far are pretty interesting. The males lean heavily towards the tall end while the females are a little more spread out, but lean slightly to the shorter side.

I guess that shouldn't be too surprising, but it's still interesting.

These results so far are pretty interesting. The males lean heavily towards the tall end while the females are a little more spread out, but lean slightly to the shorter side.

I guess that shouldn't be too surprising, but it's still interesting.

I tend to put ALL of my characters on the tall side, both male and female.

I have a Seawolf Roegadyn that's on the tallest possible setting, so she towers over everyone except average to tall male Roegadyn. I love how she feels powerful without feeling overly bulky like the male Roegadyn feel.

I have a Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te that's on the highest setting because they're already very short and having them on the tallest still makes them very short compared to the other races (sans Lalafell). The height actually turns me off of Miqo'te more than their extreme popularity does, but I had some fun with the face paint and made a combination that just looks strange on anything but Miqo'te, so I'll be playing one come launch anyway.

My other character is an Elezen that I haven't quite decided her height yet. I had her on the tallest setting to begin with, but that made her look really gangly compared to the other races. I set on her on very short for a bit, since that would still make her taller than a lot of characters, but then her proportions looked way off, since she was way thinner than everyone else and her small head really stood out. I'll be messing with her more, but she'll probably end up somewhere around the halfway mark, or a little lower.

I put my Roegirldyn at the shortest possible setting. The idea of being the shortest in a race that is the tallest just amused me to no end. Usually I trend towards characters that are more in the middle of the average height range (between races, not just their own), so it's weird playing a tall character...even a short-tall one.

On the other hand I put my Manqo'te at the tallest, but I might make him a little shorter come phase 4/launch. I like the look of the tall Miqo'te, but I'm not sure if it actually fits him.

I also have a recently made Lalafell alt who is the shortest of the short, because why not. ;) I made him short so that even around female Lalafells he would look (and feel) a little bit intimidated.

So...I guess overall I have a lot of shorties.

For my highlander I think she will be around the 65-70 mark. I'm only 5'5 in real life and always wished I was a bit taller :D Its freaky when I meet males that are much shorter though, I can't take them seriously as I figure they probably have short man syndrome.

For my highlander I think she will be around the 65-70 mark. I'm only 5'5 in real life and always wished I was a bit taller :D Its freaky when I meet males that are much shorter though, I can't take them seriously as I figure they probably have short man syndrome.

lol ouch, poor guys shorter than 5"5 lol