Benchmark Creation Screenshots

Guess I'll join in! So I've decided to change up U'zhan a bit, mainly his skin colour and the colour of his face markings. I find it adds more of an exotic look to the boy from the desert, also I found his first look was way too similar to a few other male miqo'te I've seen.

And here is another that changes up his hair colours a tad.

Hmm. The second one looks really cool. :]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently hesitating between my original light skinned Roegadyn(right) or my altered dark skinned one(left). I did lighten her skin tone this time. It was too dark to my taste after all.

Comparison-Crimson.jpg

Comparison-Crimson(armor).jpg

I'd say left personally. The colors seem to mesh a little more to me? I'm not sure how to explain it.

Btw, I want to echo Doyle, there are some really great characters coming out!

So, I have two different appearances I am stuck between for my character, Felix Sideris. I also have a Miqo'te version if I for some reason choose to make him Miqo'te instead.

Felix is going to be a bard. Outgoing and friendly, but struggling with some things from his past, to put his story very simply.

Let me know what you all think!

Hyur version(More than likely he will be Hyur):

FelixSideris-Goofy.jpg

FelixSideris-Smiling.jpg

or

FelixSideris-LongHair.jpg

Miqo'te version of Felix:

FelixSideris-Miqote.jpg

Version 1 Version 1!!

So, I have two different appearances I am stuck between for my character, Felix Sideris. I also have a Miqo'te version if I for some reason choose to make him Miqo'te instead.

Felix is going to be a bard. Outgoing and friendly, but struggling with some things from his past, to put his story very simply.

Let me know what you all think!

Hyur version(More than likely he will be Hyur):

FelixSideris-Goofy.jpg

FelixSideris-Smiling.jpg

or

FelixSideris-LongHair.jpg

Miqo'te version of Felix:

FelixSideris-Miqote.jpg

Version 1 Version 1!!

You got it! I was leaning towards version 1 too. xD

I touched up Antimony's look just a bit, giving her a smidge darker skin:

AN7dSsg.png

Alas, I can't take pictures of her with her IC outfit! But this was Anti before.

I'm also struggling to decide on a look for my elezen Naunet. I'd really appreciate it if folk could give their feedback. Some options are here.

On a side note, anyone else noticing the super low-resolution textures of hair? :/ Anti's hair looks like a mess of pixels.

I touched up Antimony's look just a bit, giving her a smidge darker skin:

AN7dSsg.png

Alas, I can't take pictures of her with her IC outfit! But this was Anti before.

I'm also struggling to decide on a look for my elezen Naunet. I'd really appreciate it if folk could give their feedback. Some options are here.

On a side note, anyone else noticing the super low-resolution textures of hair? :/ Anti's hair looks like a mess of pixels.

I think it is the shadows. Notice it on her left shoulder by the leather strap? The shadows look kinda goofy too. It might just be the creation kit as I never noticed it in-game, but I did notice it when I was making a character during beta-3.

I'm currently hesitating between my original light skinned Roegadyn(right) or my altered dark skinned one(left). I did lighten her skin tone this time. It was too dark to my taste after all.

Comparison-Crimson.jpg

Comparison-Crimson(armor).jpg

Sexy amazon lady! I say stay with the darker skin tone. 

Modified some minor things on my character. 

333jt3a.jpg

2drevra.jpg

Tried to make an older guy for a possible alt, but there is only one wrinkley Hyur face :x.

fuxshl.jpg

I just made her for fun. Just thought she looked really nice.

2u8l6dw.jpg

Ladies ~.^

16o3li.jpg

xbwisz.jpg

I literally spent yesterday's whole afternoon (and part of today's) playing with the character creator, until I felt sick.

Since the majority of people I've asked told me they like this skintone better, I guess K'mih will keep it... Though, I kinda wanted her to be a bit tanned...

FF-Kmih_test01_zpsbad2c195.jpg

Clover (my main) hasn't changed at all from the beta, but I took a screen of her out of nostalgia.

FFXIV-Clover_bluesky_zpsc980750a.jpg

And this is a black mage I'd like to RP someday...

FF-BlackMage_boy_zps6fdc58dd.jpg

FF-BlackMage_boy2_zps7e900beb.jpg

Since the majority of people I've asked told me they like this skintone better, I guess K'mih will keep it... Though, I kinda wanted her to be a bit tanned...

Go with what you prefer. Others are going to give your character a deep, critical evaluation for all of two seconds, and probably won't even notice a difference between a shade or two of skin-tone. It's 99% likely that if the skin-tone is going to bug anyone, it's you, the primary player who is playing the character for hours on end, so go with what you like.

Here is a random Highlander I made the other day. I had no pre-conceived notions that I would even make one but I actually like how he turned out ^^

Tayo Thorne

6imc.png

61qk.png

These are some of Alex Hawthorn, my bounty hunter. The two pictures at the top are the original face model I tried. I took several with a different face model to show a friend to see which she thought looked better. What do you think? He's supposed to be a dangerous and cocky character. He almost believes himself invincible at this stage.

2iyk.jpg

Then there's Andre Winter, my "snowflake" character. He's rather mellow and carefree. He's very sociable and serves as a part-time bard in taverns and restaurants. He should have a very approachable look I think, but once again I am torn between two face models. Opinions would be appreciated! ^^"

z4au.jpg

And finally, my beloved MiqoMiqo! K'nahli...

3wp.png

Well, a bit after Phase 3 I suddenly decided I'd probably main an Elezen (Duskwight) completely out of the blue and couldn't wait for this benchmark so I could actually play around and see if I'd be happy with that choice.

So, my first real attempt which I'm already quite fond of (though I'm sure I'll adjust colours and fine tune various things each day until P4 starts):

RBelle.jpg

Well, a bit after Phase 3 I suddenly decided I'd probably main an Elezen (Duskwight) completely out of the blue and couldn't wait for this benchmark so I could actually play around and see if I'd be happy with that choice.

So, my first real attempt which I'm already quite fond of (though I'm sure I'll adjust colours and fine tune various things each day until P4 starts):

RBelle.jpg

Wise choice, my friend...and as lovely as we always are 8-)

Go with what you prefer.  Others are going to give your character a deep, critical evaluation for all of two seconds, and probably won't even notice a difference between a shade or two of skin-tone.  It's 99% likely that if the skin-tone is going to bug anyone, it's you, the primary player who is playing the character for hours on end, so go with what you like.

Aah, thank you! I actually... don't know which one I prefer, as I like both for different reasons. I've spent the past two days thinking non stop about it; my head's exploding *laughs*.

Here is a random Highlander I made the other day. I had no pre-conceived notions that I would even make one but I actually like how he turned out ^^

Tayo Thorne

6imc.png

61qk.png

These are some of Alex Hawthorn, my bounty hunter. The two pictures at the top are the original face model I tried. I took several with a different face model to show a friend to see which she thought looked better. What do you think? He's supposed to be a dangerous and cocky character. He almost believes himself invincible at this stage.

2iyk.jpg

Then there's Andre Winter, my "snowflake" character. He's rather mellow and carefree. He's very sociable and serves as a part-time bard in taverns and restaurants. He should have a very approachable look I think, but once again I am torn between two face models. Opinions would be appreciated! ^^"

z4au.jpg

And finally, my beloved MiqoMiqo! K'nahli...

3wp.png

I say the new face for Alex, looks more like a tough guy to me. For Andre I like the new face better as well. It conveys his innocence and approachability through his eyes.

Here is my my main Z'raf. Its funny, every time I do adjustments his hair gets lighter and his skin darker. :angel:

Smirk_zps2fbbe23c.jpgSmile_zps3a3e90fb.jpgLooking_zpsc1ad6a0c.jpg

My alt Niana is still up in the air. I've made a midlander and highlander version of her, though I cant decide on which. The midlander could be a run-away noble while the highlander could be from a fallen house of Ala Mhigo.

Whoops_zps743459e4.jpg

Whoops! That's not supposed....Uh...moving on! :blush:  HERE are the two versions of Niana, opinions would be greatly appreciated as well!

Niana4_zps1f9a5756.jpgNianaPosing_zpsce16ce27.jpg

Thank you very much! *-* You are of the same opinion as me for both characters >o<"

If I may also say, I love your miqo'te character. He looks very cool. I have been doing lots of tinkering and re-tinkering with each of my characters as well, particularly skin tone and hair shades -o- It's definitely serious business, nothing to be taken lightly, eheh.

Such great looking characters in here so far! I've been thumbing through this thread for a couple of hours now. Found some great inspiration! :) Here's my two little (big) people.

Eve Nightingale

MxZqyVK.png

Ridiculously Good Looking Guy With No Name Yet Anselm Graybringer

h5E0xYa.png