No space on Balmung!

Macey

Ooooh. I am sorry. I am sleepy. Been up all day and night playing >.> 

Legacy is a special title given to people who supported the game (paid for it) for 3 months when they were charging a monthly fee. Just because you played 1.0 does not make someone a Legacy account holder. Now I am not sure how they are handling things in beta, but Legacy account holders are allowed to make something like 6 alts per server at no additional charge, while all others will incur a small fee with the extra characters. I don't know if it's a flat fee increase or a fee per character thing. Can't recall.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh. I am sorry. I am sleepy. Been up all day and night playing >.> 

Legacy is a special title given to people who supported the game (paid for it) for 3 months when they were charging a monthly fee. Just because you played 1.0 does not make someone a Legacy account holder. Now I am not sure how they are handling things in beta, but Legacy account holders are allowed to make something like 6 alts per server at no additional charge, while all others will incur a small fee with the extra characters. I don't know if it's a flat fee increase or a fee per character thing. Can't recall.

Yeah, that would be what I was curious about. Since some people seem to be able to do all of the above while never having paid nor played the prev ver of the game.

Balmung is up, but I was unable to make a character on it...

You can only have one character per world in the Beta unless you're Legacy. Erase any other characters on Balmung and try again. If it still doesn't work, restart the game. Same thing happened to me.

Isn;t legacy only for people who played 1.0, I know some people who can make multiple char and never played it before O.o

No, if you read the message at the top of the website you will see that is for all characters, new and old.

No no, I don't mean Legacy servers being for only Legacy players. I mean the amount of chars you can make restriction he was implying.

This can't be right. I am a non-legacy player and I have created three characters on Balmung so far.

So, downloading the client now, should be ready by this evening, how's the spaces looking, have they been adding more or is it still a battle royale to get in?

Slowly but surely! Most everyone I know who was waiting has been able to get in since about 12am til now. The server may close again yet, but this is indication that it will open back up.

It's hard to say. Logging in is easy; making a character is often locked. Balmung seems just as popular as yesterday in terms of logged in users, and judging from the fact that some NA servers (and essentially all JP servers) are still locked for creation, I'm not sure if they've bumped up the limits or not. The sooner you can get in, the better, is all I can say.

These growing pains will pass, though. :)

So, downloading the client now, should be ready by this evening, how's the spaces looking, have they been adding more or is it still a battle royale to get in?

Slowly but surely! Most everyone I know who was waiting has been able to get in since about 12am til now. The server may close again yet, but this is indication that it will open back up.

Good to hear! I've been through many a beta/launch so I can handle a long line or the like, just wanted some assurance that they were actually improving things I guess :moogle:. I'll be sure to get in ASAP to at least lock in.

So, my SO and I were discussing this, and our thought is that they're locking so many servers to spread out the load for the stress test. While they could just get some servers to melt down, we're thinking they want to test the whole infrastructure and collect data on all servers. On that basis, I expect that even if P4 is brutal in its restrictions, they'll be lessened during EA and launch.

We've also observed that the restriction is usually removed during low load times. Basically, when the JP servers are hopping, the NA servers allow creation again and vice-versa. My recommendation is to set an alarm and wake up at like... 7am Central time (GMT-5) to make your character. They don't seem to be doing a lot of login restrictions right now, just creation restrictions.

For those curious, the NOC is updating a thread roughly every hour with the currently locked servers. It's in the Status forum (I'd link it, but, well, don't want to even skirt the NDA :) ).

This is torture! I notice that Moogle is back up, do I hang on for my first choice of Balmung or give in and join my EU brothers and sisters on Moogle? It's funny how server choice has such a huge effect on your in game experience but it's often done at random.

This is torture! I notice that Moogle is back up, do I hang on for my first choice of Balmung or give in and join my EU brothers and sisters on Moogle? It's funny how server choice has such a huge effect on your in game experience but it's often done at random.

I'm going to roll an alt on Moogle and wait til tomorrow to reroll my main. We have an EU linkshell as well as an endgame FC on Balmung so don't fear you won't find fellow EU players there!

Space will clear up. It's day 2 of open beta, I don't think they're just content to call it a day on this issue. It is a bit annoying though.

I'd also like to add that I only read the title of the thread and nothing else. I just haven't posted here in a while and felt I should.

Hi everyone.

But I want it nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Yea, I'll just chill till like, I dunno, 2am before I go to sleep, I'll make my char, lock him in, then play the hell out of tomorrow and of course Early Access, in the grand scheme this is a pretty minor annoyance.

But still.

I want it :I

I reallly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was just posted to the launcher:

On Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT), the three Worlds below were added to the North American/European data center.

Ixion/Kujata/Valefor

To guide players to those three new Worlds, we'll be suspending character creation on the other North American/European data center Worlds.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

I reallly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this was just posted to the launcher:

On Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT), the three Worlds below were added to the North American/European data center.

Ixion/Kujata/Valefor

To guide players to those three new Worlds, we'll be suspending character creation on the other North American/European data center Worlds.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

It seems that they finally restricted access to all realms save for Faerie and Exodus sometime after making this announcement (then shut access to them down, and put up the above servers).

Been refreshing once every 30 minutes since the first day myself.  That is, until I finally just collapsed and got some sleep around the same time people are saying they reopened it briefly.

Let's hope they don't have such restrictions come Early Access and actually employ their queue system so that friends are able to play with each other.  That or have the old "world pass" system implemented if you have a friend on the server that is able to get you one.

Edit: Maybe if we all create characters on these realms, they will start to think they're filling up and reopen the others? Hah... Well, considering that even if you have characters on a realm, you're still locked out from making others... it may very well work.