Early Release on Saturday!

So early release is the day-after-tomorrow. Yay! Supposedly it will start at 2 am PDT, like open beta.

Do you all know if all 1.0 players get early release, or just those who subscribed to 1.0 for 3 months? I have been a bit confused about my "legacy" perks because I have the back tattoo, but I didn't get the special chocobo.

YES. And this time, the game will stay with us forever. This is the end of all the suffering we've endured!!

I can't believe that I'll be able to play it as much as I want from now on.

(As for your question, I don't know because I'm not a legacy player. I just wanted to share my joy, I'm sorry ;_; )

So early release is the day-after-tomorrow.  Yay!  Supposedly it will start at 2 am PDT, like open beta.  

Do you all know if all 1.0 players get early release, or just those who subscribed to 1.0 for 3 months?  I have been a bit confused about my "legacy" perks because I have the back tattoo, but I didn't get the special chocobo.

I have yet to see anything you are asking. Though i would think legacy people should get in.

I'm already planning on going to bed stupid early tomorrow so I can get up at 5 AM EST to play. SO STOKED.

Hah! I did that for beta 4 and I don't think I'll do it again... I am getting too old for going on 2 hours sleep. I'll just wake up at 6 or 7 am like a normal person. :D

Plus I am still not sure if I get early access. FreelanceWizard is probably right. I did want to upgrade to CE to do early release, but SE hasn't told us yet how 1.0 players can upgrade to CE (last I checked).

Only Legacy Promotion members (people who paid for 3 months) and people who preordered get Early Access. If you bought 1.0 but didn't pay for the Legacy promo you'll need to wait until the 27th.

A legacy promo from back in the day? Or the collector's edition upgrade?

I'm already planning on going to bed stupid early tomorrow so I can get up at 5 AM EST to play. SO STOKED.

Hah!  I did that for beta 4 and I don't think I'll do it again... I am getting too old for going on 2 hours sleep.  I'll just wake up at 6 or 7 am like a normal person.  :D

Plus I am still not sure if I get early access.  FreelanceWizard is probably right.  I did want to upgrade to CE to do early release, but SE hasn't told us yet how 1.0 players can upgrade to CE (last I checked).

Only Legacy Promotion members (people who paid for 3 months) and people who preordered get Early Access. If you bought 1.0 but didn't pay for the Legacy promo you'll need to wait until the 27th.

A legacy promo from back in the day?  Or the collector's edition upgrade?

Just to clarify:

If you paid for the original game back in 2010, but did not pay for 3 months of game time you do not qualify for early access.

If you paid for the original game and did pay for 3 months of game time (qualifying you for Legacy status) you qualify for Early Access.

If you pre-ordered the game and received a pre-order code, you qualify for Early Access.

To my knowledge the CE Upgrade is not available yet and won't be available until launch, so there is no way to preorder it.

dlkjsdlfkjsdf It's probably horrible of me for considering taking a sleep aid and just staying asleep until Saturday morning. Scratch probably. It is horrible. But I could do with skipping the next day and a half or so of finger twiddling. I keep trying to do other things and getting restless and refreshing the forums instead. Bleargh.

10 am Saturday morning for me! I'll wake up, all sleepy and then it will dawn on me, like a beautiful shaft of glowing sunlight.

Then a few hours later it will probably hit me that I should maybe get dressed and eat some food.

Maybe several.

Just to clarify:

If you paid for the original game back in 2010, but did not pay for 3 months of game time you do not qualify for early access.

If you paid for the original game and did pay for 3 months of game time (qualifying you for Legacy status) you qualify for Early Access.

If you pre-ordered the game and received a pre-order code, you qualify for Early Access.

To my knowledge the CE Upgrade is not available yet and won't be available until launch, so there is no way to preorder it.

Thanks for the clarification! I was hoping there was a way for 1.0 non-Legacy players to get early access without having to buy a new copy of the game (such as upgrading to CE). Ah well--guess I can go outside and enjoy life for one last weekend before I spend all my free time to my dark basement.

ETA: I had been confused because I got the back tattoo!

This!

We have the same plan.

We're the cool kids of the East Coast! 8-)

That is all.

Pretty much the same thing I'm gonna do haha. xD Before any locks or anything.

Just to clarify:

I was hoping there was a way for 1.0 non-Legacy players to get early access without having to buy a new copy of the game

Preorder from Gamestop for $5, get your code, then cancel your preorder. I will shamelessly admit this is what I did.

Preorder from Gamestop for $5, get your code, then cancel your preorder. I will shamelessly admit this is what I did.

Daaaaaamn only $5?  I wouldn't mind losing that even if I couldn't cancel.

Where do you put your preorder code in?

I pre-order one of these two products?

I pre-ordered mine in store, though I think at this point it's too late to get the pre-order bonus unfortunately.

Is there any means of telling if you're a Legacy holder or not? I can't recall if I paid for three months for 1.0, but I know I played at least 3 months.

Also, if you were given access to the open beta on the 16th is that indicative that you are a legacy member or does that just mean you played in 1.0? I'm so confused trying to keep all this stuff straight... :dazed: