Who would be your character's voice actor?

This is going to be my favorite thread.

For anyone who hasn't seen the link on Mylene's wiki. Here's a voice clip of Japanese voice actress Kayano Ai, which I feel Myl would sound like, (if she were an anime character, at least) specifically at 40 seconds:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..

[align=center]Marion CotillardBlwh5oG-HdE [/align]

I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..

Why, Anne Parillaud, of course!

64la0fbwJpU

But perhaps that's because I've always pictured C'kayah as voiced by Jean Reno...

QhvPt_SvbY4

Oh Gus! I like that suggestion, but I think I like C'kayah's even better ^_^ so wonderful, thank you guys!

And Jean Reno... Oh là là...

Now I'm curious as to who people hear when they think of Kage's voice @_@

I don't have any particular voice in mind, but I always imagined Kage having a sort of sonorous and confident voice (for a Lalafel) that belied the lack of confidence he so often publicly shows.

This is a pretty brilliant question, and it stumped me when it first came up. But I finally hit on it and I think Waka's voice pretty much belongs to Jayma Mays. Yes, yes, the inimitable Emma Pillsbury on Glee or Debbie on The Millers. Just something about the pure, almost innocence of her voice. And her laugh. Totally Waka :D

Oh, and bonus Craigy Ferg on this video because he's brilliant and if someone doesn't sound like him already, hopefully this will inspire someone :)

kOEgRKJ7hsw

Guest Hiroshu

I hadn't actually thought about this until now, but Steve Blum, without question.

[align=center]bHqKlAHwm2A

wJdV7m4hrb8

:tonberry:

Hiro[/align]

I don't really have a speaking voice in mind, when I hear Armi I hear her voice but it doesn't match anyone in particular.

If we're going Japanese with it, her singing voice (And therefore default speaking voice) would be Eri Kamei. That innocent sweet songbird quality of her voice is just perfect.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KerLTcJJZQ

Singing.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwqfxooXbEY

Talking.

Armi kinda looks like her too... and acts like her... I think I basically rolled Eri Kamei. But whatever, Eri is amazing.

IgOrDFJhtU8

...Okay, I kid. But that would be awesome. If anything, the dialogue is spot-on for if Edgar were dropped into the middle of a battlefield.

I think the closest approximation would be someone who sounds like CreepsMcPasta, one of many Creepypasta readers on Youtube.

tp68H40Bego

Delial is 100% Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Not even a question in my mind.

ONLE1ZXe-S8

Jajara has a deeper voice and a strong twang, of course. Tanya Tucker is the closest I can find for her.

CSepcy1xDoM

Hmm Crispin Freeman was always my first pick.  He is famous for doing the voices of characters such as:

Alucard - Hellsing

Siegfried - Soul Calibur III

Mathias Cronqvist - Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Male Wizard - Diablo III

Grazel - White Knight Chronicles

Kirei Kotomine - Fate/Zero

Hideki - Chobits (that one caught me off guard)

Fuuma Monou - X/1999

Here is a nice clip of "The Many Voices of Crispin Freeman" to give you an idea.

lEjEmpOhU2Q

I've toyed with the idea of giving him the voice of George Newbern the guy who voices Sephiroth but I realized Artorias is not the "I hate the world and everyone needs to die" type.  I've also considered Simon Templeman the guy who did the voice of Kain from the Legacy of Kain series but again he sounds too dark and too old.

For Caen I always hear him as Antony Del Rio. He was Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising. But Caen has a light accent. . . and Pit doesn't. So Honestly I'm still unsure >.<

For my elezen alt Juste I feel he'd be perfect being voiced by Liam O'Brien. He voiced Akihiko in Persona 3 and I'm pretty sure also Kain Highwind in Final Fantasy Dissida. I found a video for him.

dFAyXI2HP9M

Drunk pirates captain chasing rum who's a bit camp? Loved by wenches. Most might think Jonny Depp.

But throw in intelligent, scholarly, rare moments of charm and with potential for gentlemanliness?

Well, Jonny Deep could probably pull that off too, but I think Robert Downing Jr could pull off Saefinn too with Robert De Niro as his grandfather. I think him as more of RDJ drunk than a Jack Sparrow, that said, it could sit somewhere between. The nun/brothel situation could happen to both actors.

As for others?If Denzel Washington could be made to look like a Roe, he'd pull off Steinn. X'hayu? Little girl from Kickass maybe, just s an adult...we can wait.

For Caen I always hear him as Antony Del Rio. He was Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising. But Caen has a light accent. . . and Pit doesn't. So Honestly I'm still unsure >.<

For my elezen alt Juste I feel he'd be perfect being voiced by Liam O'Brien. He voiced Akihiko in Persona 3 and I'm pretty sure also Kain Highwind in Final Fantasy Dissida. I found a video for him.

dFAyXI2HP9M

Caen can still be voiced by him. Voice actors are still actors so I'm sure he can imitate some kind of accent :D

As far as Garrett Slater goes, someone had already posted this but he would also voiced by Steven Blum. Specifically, how Spike Spiegel sounds like. But with some kind of high-class British accent. The same kind of accent that high-class high-society people in Ul'dah seem to have.

bHqKlAHwm2A

For Cedric Riordan, I hope this person can also imitate some kind of British-type accent, as he is Ishgardian and they seem to speak with some kind of eloquence. Below is Roger Craig Smith. In particular, in the tone of Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil games or in the tone of Batman/Bruce Wayne from Arkham Origins.

iku9FJVxngA

Jennifer Hale for Faye--one of the more mellow, mature voices.

7Cw8VQXK7qw

wBnBw8ZglUk

Mandy Moore for X'unmei! Or pretty much any Disney princess, really.

r4JxmGe1iGI

And Laura Bailey as Shadiyah! Claire from Magna Carta would probably be the closest to her normal speaking voice... though I will note that, not mentioned in the video, she voices Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. ;D

E-rYgoJF0v4