Who would be your character's voice actor?

At this point, I don't think I have any option but Stephen Fry for Gideon.

Definitely claiming Mike Pollock for Brandt. He's always good for blustery angry scientists. Cough cough.

DC Douglas would probably be a good choice for Five Reflections, just straddling the threshold between being a villain and merely being unsettling.

And Banquo himself... well, maybe I'll go with something a little weirder. Jeff Bridges, in pretty close to his normal speaking voice.

Fry

SYf5YPNnfRY

Mike Pollock

_ju9BQDjcrY

DC Douglas

dwQH1M9msgE

Jeff Bridges

zO4dycAZ9fY

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread has been inactive for a month.

Solis's voice actor would have to be Soichiro Hoshi (Son Goku and Keiichi Maebara)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5m-nC419vg

Specifically the voice that starts around 0:45 into the video.

As for Sakura (my Doman), it would be Mai Nakahara.

[video=youtube]

Specifically Rena Ryuugu's voice (albeit less shy and more energetic, while also not insane)

EDIT: English Voice Actors are

Solis: Greg Ayres

Sakura: Luci Christian

Niklas: David Matranga

Rena: Hillary Haag

Finally found someone whose voice comes pretty close to matching what N'hadiya sounds like in my head. Rose Leslie as Ygritte in Game of Thrones. She's got the crass, unrefined accent and the same sort of vocabulary. Not to mention the huskiness, but also the femininity in her voice:

[align=center]3-x4DK-Qg5o [/align]

[align=center]..yes all my characters sound like game of thrones characters in my head i have a serious problem..

[/align]

I know someone already mentioned her for female characters... but I would think Wendee Lee would actually do a decent voice for Chachan. Mostly because of one specific character she voiced: T.K. in the first season of Digimon. It seems appropriate for a young Lalafell like him.

(It's surprisingly hard to find a youtube clip of just young T.K. talking. Keep finding AMVs and such instead. So I'll just link the first episode and just tell you to skip ahead to about 9 minutes in or so.)

mVmUlLfmC2w

Or if that's too cutesy, there's always the option of older T.K. with Doug Erholtz.

JBpG9eKKHEw

Maybe something in between? I'm terrible at this sort of thing, so any other recommendations are good too. :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't checked to see if she's already been mentioned but I think D'aito would sound a lot like Janet Varney who voiced Korra in Legend of Korra.  I like her deeper and throaty tones and it adds some credence to D'aito's more stereotypically masculine style.  A deep voice isn't required for that, obviously, but I like the idea that this small Miqo'te has a voice that doesn't quite seem to match the expectation.

Wow, I never really thought about it. Good question! Most times the question is brought up who would play your character if it were live action. I don't even know that answer but as far as voice goes, I would say Xiaoli sounds like Princess No-guk from Faith. Soft spoken, very proper and slightly quiet or shy except when angered and even then remaining proper. This clip only shows her in a calm setting though. 

The youtube link Princess No-guk and King Gong-min first meeting.

Can't play the youtube link outside of youtube.

I don't really follow western VA. xD Probably Yuki Aoi, who has the flexibility to do a lot of very different emotions and the skill to fit a lot of different types of settings... A lot of other actors I know the name of or who I think are talented have too low of a voice.

Since I mostly know seiyuu (read: obsessed with seiyuu) I will got with that for my characters.

I WOULD say Nakamura Yuuichi for Asheloux, but he's kind of Thancred haha....also would've said KENN but he's Urianger...So maybe Sakurai Takahiro.  I wish I could say Sugita Tomokazu, buuuuuut I can't haha.

zEeMTCYvQ-E

For Aylea definitely Hayami Saori.

(first female voice you hear)

8AzUad1O-iI

• 3 weeks later...