Who would be your character's voice actor?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc Oak (Bet you didn't expect this one, but this is how I hear him when he speaks)

nfxoX_VzEl8

Methodical, but oddly musical and since he rarely raises his voice even when being direct or confrontational, it fits.

Sidenote: If Oak ever went bugf**k batshit, he would be one scary mofo, methinks. Imagine being strapped to a surgical table and listening to that voice..... *Shudders*

• 3 months later...

I made this crappy video today. You'll need to watch it in high quality at a high resolution to see her tiny lalafell mouth move at all (but believe me, I tried) but it was just meant to be a quick silly project anyway. If I'd had more time I would have found some more samples

IHPZvzRXa5s

Shopu would be voiced by Kristen Schaal.

(gosh I hope this isn't too much of a necro, but it's relevant to the thread right?)

• 1 month later...

Oh man is it hard to find an appropiate VA for my Lalafell but he is one of the deeper-voiced Lalafells you'd find wandering around. Though what surprises people the most other than his deeper voice is that he's a pretty good singer.

While not a traditional VA video, this is pretty much what I found for him as a singing voice and style sample that was closest to his in-game voice as close as possible.

[video=youtube]

I believe Aradial might best be voice by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, the one who did the english VA for Jinana in Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner.

Probably one of my favorite female characters, for sure. Her appearance is at 3:23.

QuBf16bc_jM

This was a tough one but I think Matthew Mercer's Chrom with a touch more of an accent given being around all those other Ishgardians for Martiallais.

El7ZKEqAJRc

For Aedan I picked Mike Colter who was the voice/face of Halo's Spartan Locke and will be playing Luke Cage here soon. ;)

YiK3kIu2zBk

• 2 weeks later...