Who would be your character's voice actor?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I... Have no idea who would voice Crisiet. 

LEMME THINK ABOUT THIS.

Edit: I really wanna say Tom Hiddleston because his voice has the correct pitch and he could easily convey Cris' mannerisms, but it seems too obvious.AvL1IjU43I0

Obvious but amazing? :)

I hear a slight accent in Erik's voice, with a higher then would be assumed voice, so this guy here, the actor not the character he plays. My voice is similar with a different accent.

[video=youtube]

I always picture Xydane having a voice like John Constantine.

[video=youtube]

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.

In the beginning, twas David Tennant whom I envisioned for Galen Aubrey's voice. He has an incredible range of expression from playful to -very- serious.

OcZYsQWLFBk

But, as time has passed, his voice has been dulled by constant contact with a variety of people. It's turned into a muddied, aristocratic, tone.

Therefore, I'd say he sounds more like Kyle Schmid as Robert Morehouse in the BBC show "Copper". Sadly, I couldn't find a decent clip on youtube.

I hear a slight accent in Erik's voice, with a higher then would be assumed voice, so this guy here, the actor not the character he plays. My voice is similar with a different accent.

[video=youtube]

I always picture Xydane having a voice like John Constantine.

[video=youtube]

What's funny is that I watched that film for the first time two days ago. :P

I have finally found inspiration!  Although she doesn't have a French accent :)

Tuesday Weld, an actress who played Thalia Menninger on the 1950's sitcom "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis".  The show may be a little dated, but her voice is lovely for Aya!

(Starting at 3:05.  For whatever reason I can't figure out how to go to the right time, even though the link I enter will go to the right time, the embed does not)

I've always given this some thought but I'm never able to decide what Gharen sounds like. I had the same problem with another character back in CoH that shared the Scottish accent.

• 4 weeks later...

Voice actor for Roen would have either been Anna Torv or Charlize Theron. Former I discovered later when I discovered Fringe, latter I decided on from the beginning as who she was played by when Roen was a D&D character (Years ago!).

I am only reviving this thread as an excuse to put this link up. A) Charlize Theron with a shaved head (!!) and B) because it looks pretty kick ass.

I am excited.

Saw this and couldn't resist playing along! o:

Thought about it for quite a while, and I believe Natalie Dormer (as Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones) comes closest to what I envision Xheja's voice to be. Just the overall quality to her voice, the accent, and her more refined manner of speaking, as well as how she's able to pull off playfulness, seriousness, and authoritative tones.. Just seems very Xhej-like when I listen to her speak.

She's the one in the blue dress in the following clip, in the off chance you aren't a raving GoT lunatic like I am and are unfamiliar. xD

v3RznQZ5c7s

Joe Romersa fits the bill for Aerghwab. He tends to do small parts in most anime and games he's been in, but he's always instantly recognizable. Especially when he uses his trademark "growl."

s-sRtT_Mvxo

Jump to 9:22 for Joe. :P

• 3 weeks later...

After much consideration, I can now get in on this thread. :)

I've always heard Gus as Christopher Eccleston in my mind.

[video=youtube]

As for L'yhta, it took some thought, but I'm going to have to go with Melissa Fumero (lately of Brooklyn 99). In fact, in a straight up casting, she could totally pull off L'yhta's unique blend of hyperactive and desperately attention seeking. :) Sadly, I've yet to find a good clip -- damn you FOX lawyers.

I had a quick look at L'yhta's wiki, mainly her personality. From the pool of voice actors that I know, and my limited understanding of L'yhta, maybe Michelle Ruff? Her rendition of Katherine in, well, Catherine, might suit her - a combination of eloquence when she's calm and incredibly aggressive when slighted seems like it could work (from 5:50):

HpFeuzBK8Gk

I don't know, though. I reckon I'd have a better idea if Averill interacted with her at some point.

After the initial spasms of joy at the thought of Liam O'Brien voicing Averill, I decided to think a little more seriously about it. I think Dave Wittenberg might be a good pick - his approach to Welkin Gunther, from Valkyria Chronicles, fits the kind of voice I imagine Averill to have (from 2:20):

f5kwmzn2om4