Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Rules for Event 2 in first post)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait what

Get these boats out of here! Ul'dah's not even a port town.

Wow.. okay.  Different kind of incoherence...

What, you've never hightailed it back to base camp to go sit in front of the fireplace under some blankets with a cup of hot cocoa in your hands?

Wtf is wrong with you. Go do that. Live a little. :P

On-topic:

Combat rules for being outnumbered (1v2, 1v3, 2v3, etc.) need to be clarified, reworded, or revamped/overhauled. I know Nat, Itar, and I ran into some issues with this during the last event (the confusion is included in the North Thanalan log).

Combat rules for healers and healing also need to be clarified. How do the healers count turns? Their own turns, or their ally's? Are they counting each ally's turn? So is their party going to get a wave of +1s all at once? One wave per healer? Are they counting rounds, as in the whole party has to have taken a turn per member? What if certain one-on-ones in a large fight are going faster than others? Are healers limited by how slow their slowest fighters are rolling/emoting?

People to talk to about these things: Nat, Itar, Siha, Daphine, Unnamed Mercenary, etc.

Osric, Oscare, thank you for feedback.  :D  The more the better.  Here is my revamp idea for healing:

We go with a set number of heals per healer per major event.Those whom rp as a conjuror/scholar during the event can heal a maximum of 2  or 3 wounds total, their own or an ally.  Once they have spent their heals, they cannot cast heals anymore that night during combat.  My thoughts on this new system is that it prevents over healing and keeps the fights from dragging out to long. Thoughts?

As for the multiple 1v2, 1v3, etc system, working on an overhaul on that still since that is more complicated.

One idea is that combatants form parties and conduct their fights in party chat.  This prevents the chat log from being filled to the brim with attacks save for the ones relevant to you character.  As for positional arrangement, still working on it.

Esh….. I forgot how much work setting up an event like this was, help  is always appreciated with rules, or anything that makes my life easier honestly. lol

Signed Unnamed Mercenary up for a side (as Franz Renatus). Quite a bit has happened since he was just a hired hand in the last event. Also open to side switching, as his morals could be....swayed depending on who he interacts with. (Set up wanted. Please help me)

As Melkire stated, the battle rules can be a little complicated. Clarification in the post (and probably right before any battle) would be handy. Although I think we did ok the last time? The healing was a little funky, but I think that's because we'd need to agree on what kind of injuries, deaths (if someone is going that route) or other situations need to happen vs could happen. Ex: Merc knocked Kage out, but couldn't exactly go around killing people or getting killed.

Askier: let me think about the whole outnumbered/positional thing and get back to you after we're both off work.

Merc/Franz: this time around, once the combat rules are finalized, I'm going to commit them to a text file. We'll share that with anyone who's organizing a particular engagement (love you, FFTA) so that they can copy-paste it for everyone to review before a fight starts.

Merc/Franz: this time around, once the combat rules are finalized, I'm going to commit them to a text file. We'll share that with anyone who's organizing a particular engagement (love you, FFTA) so that they can copy-paste it for everyone to review before a fight starts.

Can we put Roen up on a cliff with PLD/Chocobo to be the "Judge"? I demand that she be able to yellow/red card players! /onlyhalfjoking

Can we put Roen up on a cliff with PLD/Chocobo to be the "Judge"? I demand that she be able to yellow/red card players! /onlyhalfjoking

Laws:

- No Weaponskills

- No Color Magic

- No Items

- Final Destination

Also I love the whole Judge concept. Alas, lore-wise the Sultansworn are as close as XIV gets.

Laws:

- No Weaponskills

- No Color Magic

- No Items

- Final Destination

Also I love the whole Judge concept. Alas, lore-wise the Sultansworn are as close as XIV gets.

697e481df77aea1d8cbdaa59768db742.png

Judge system was a lot of fun to exploit too. *gimps battle*

Laws:

- No Weaponskills

- No Color Magic

- No Items

- Final Destination

697e481df77aea1d8cbdaa59768db742.png

Judge system was a lot of fun to exploit too. *gimps battle*

Oh, it was... until it became a pain-in-the-ass come post-story endgame content. Techniques, Skills, Color Magic, Healing... these things were in the revolving door that was the "Forbidden" section, and it made endgame... ugh.

The novelty of abusing Gunner-Mogknights, Beastmasters and Assassin-Snipers wore out fast.

On-topic: can we get a list of participants for all to see? Don't need it publicly known which side they're playing for, but I for one would like to know who might be participating.

Oscar I'll have my eyes open for your pm and bounce back ideas. Thank you. 

Osric, Kahn'a has the master control of the Document atm. But we'll be posting the list for all to see, promise.

[align=center]I don't want to set the world on fire...

[/align]

[align=center]...but I'm going to.[/align]

[align=center]Soon.[/align]

[align=center]XjDrTQK.jpg

[/align]

NICE. So that's what he looks like without all that hair.

I don't know that many would recognize him now. Which is ... kind of awesome.

... *cries* I wish I could be involved. Alas!

Roen, if you want to be involved you need not worry, for "I am kind" and can easily create a means through which you shall be dragged kicking and screaming into the the fire. . . Or you could just meet the Doctor again....which needs to happen  anyway.  Lololol.

Also, when I gaze upon Osric now all I hear in my head is a little voice saying:

"What have I done?"

Roen, if you want to be involved you need not worry, for "I am kind" and can easily create a means through which you shall be dragged kicking and screaming into the the fire. . . Or you could just meet the Doctor again....which needs to happen  anyway.  Lololol.

Also, when I gaze upon Osric now all I hear in my head is a little voice saying:

"What have I done?"

HAHA Nooooo worries. I don't want anything manufactured out of the blue on purpose for my girl. I will still watch from the periphery happily and entertained. 

And yes, we should set up a meeting for the Doctor. :D

This plot however has taken some interesting twists! 

"What have you done..."

Any updates for setup/hooks for characters? I know Unnamed Mercenary ~had~ some resentment from the kidnapping in the last episodic RP when he was introduced, but that seems ages ago. He could probably be spun as a villain or a "good guy" depending on who speaks to him first. Or whoever has the better coin.

Any updates for setup/hooks for characters? I know Unnamed Mercenary ~had~ some resentment from the kidnapping in the last episodic RP when he was introduced, but that seems ages ago. He could probably be spun as a villain or a "good guy" depending on who speaks to him first. Or whoever has the better coin.

Oooo oooo ooo we need bad guys! Jin'li has so Mich he can promise . Lol.

Seriously though, I'd be thrilled to have you rped in. Jin'li has had his ear to to ground looking for quality employees. Hook could be he has heard of your characters talents and approaches him to make an offer if you'd be up for it. I can do pm rp or in game, though my in-game time is kinda stretched and rp via rock is easier withmy work schedule.

Seriously though, I'd be thrilled to have you rped in. Jin'li has had his ear to to ground looking for quality employees. Hook could be he has heard of your characters talents and approaches him to make an offer if you'd be up for it. I can do pm rp or in game, though my in-game time is kinda stretched and rp via rock is easier withmy work schedule.

Forum/PM RP is perfect by me. ...it's how I survive a full-time job. (Gotta love IT)

As for Merc, his face was hidden in the last episodic RP during the kidnapping scene, but he's been a bit more public lately, after some events with Kage and Natalie. There's definitely some....""instability" left. And public rumors so far say "look for the grumpy guy in the Quicksand who's a mercenary without a name" and "don't call him 'porkchop' " (thank's to Nat). It could make some nice, complicated, RP if he ends up on an opposing side than Kage, at least in the beginning.

Seriously though, I'd be thrilled to have you rped in. Jin'li has had his ear to to ground looking for quality employees. Hook could be he has heard of your characters talents and approaches him to make an offer if you'd be up for it. I can do pm rp or in game, though my in-game time is kinda stretched and rp via rock is easier with my work schedule.

Forum/PM RP is perfect by me. ...it's how I survive a full-time job. (Gotta love IT)

As for Merc, his face was hidden in the last episodic RP during the kidnapping scene, but he's been a bit more public lately, after some events with Kage and Natalie. There's definitely some....""instability" left. And public rumors so far say "look for the grumpy guy in the Quicksand who's a mercenary without a name" and "don't call him 'porkchop' " (thank's to Nat). It could make some nice, complicated, RP if he ends up on an opposing side than Kage, at least in the beginning.

I could have certain someone send Merc Jin'li's way... she knows Merc has been getting restless...

I could have certain someone send Merc Jin'li's way... she knows Merc has been getting restless...

Oh, I /wonder/ who that could be. Definitely not a certain hyuran woman. I wonder if she knows anything about his recent life events.

That could make for some lovely RP.

Oh, I /wonder/ who that could be. Definitely not a certain hyuran woman. I wonder if she knows anything about his recent life events.

That could make for some lovely RP.

In position and awaiting orders .. Think it's about time to take this little toy out of the box because .. Jin'li is Kind...