Personal housing: Rp organizingness?

Maril

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344&viewfull=1#post1685344

"Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

LOLOLOLOL.

:cry:

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/127656-An-Open-Letter-to-Yoshida-san-Please-Slice-One-Zero-Off-the-Housing-Prices?p=1685344&viewfull=1#post1685344

"Personal housing will be far more affordable than free company housing."

"While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable."

LOLOLOLOL.

:cry:

I'm gonna go ahead and call it right here.

"Well, you'll have to adjust for inflation, and...."

I'm not particularly surprised nor disappointed. The 800k carrot on a stick was a dick move but eh.

I find a lot of folk open up their company houses for rp to begin with. A lot if them will have an open bar, serve as in inn, entertainment hall etc. Utilizing what is already there isn't a bad way to go and the people who put the money up to build it would likely be grateful. :D

I'm not particularly surprised nor disappointed. The 800k carrot on a stick was a dick move but eh.

I find a lot of folk open up their company houses for rp to begin with. A lot if them will have an open bar, serve as in inn, entertainment hall etc. Utilizing what is already there isn't a bad way to go and the people who put the money up to build it would likely be grateful. :D

If it was just about RP, it wouldn't be an issue.  That they have locked certain things behind housing is the issue.  I'll never be able to - for myself - experiment with gardening, etc, because I won't have access to it because I don't have my own house.  I can garden for my FC, but that is not the same.

Yea I'm done. Already cancelled my subscription, this was the largest slap in the face ever. Time to try out other games.

ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2, Wild Star, EQ2, TERA...Find one that suits your fancy and take it.

Activated my WoW account again. Might try out Archeage once its released. Also now that my server is doing halfway decent in GW2 WvW that will also take up some of my time.

Yea I'm done. Already cancelled my subscription, this was the largest slap in the face ever. Time to try out other games.

ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2, Wild Star, EQ2, TERA...Find one that suits your fancy and take it.

Activated my WoW account again. Might try out Archeage once its released. Also now that my server is doing halfway decent in GW2 WvW that will also take up some of my time.

What WoW server are you on?

Aiming for ward 8 or which ever ward will be the last on the list. Going for a cheap plot so I can move houses come 2.4, to a ward with more rpers in it. And maybe save up for a bigger one meanwhile >.>

That is, if I get one.

Aiming for ward 8 or which ever ward will be the last on the list. Going for a cheap plot so I can move houses come 2.4, to a ward with more rpers in it. And maybe save up for a bigger one meanwhile >.>

That is, if I get one.

Your best chance - if you have the money on hand - is to log in as soon as the servers come up.

That is, if I get one.

Your best chance - if you have the money on hand - is to log in as soon as the servers come up.

Yeah I am, fortunately I have the timezones on my side and it's 11am here for server uptime. And I have the gil for any of the small plots.

The housing thing makes me /eyebrowraise, but I'm hoping the blowback they got from it will make them re-evaluate any decisions they may make about withholding info/being dishonest in the future.

That being said, I'm pretty much happy with everything -else-, so I'm gonna have Berrod stick to his nifty little room!

In the shroud, hopefully neighbouring a friend with my secondary character. 

Also, while this was disappointing to many people, I do not really understand how is worth quitting the game over. If this little aspect was all that tied you here then I am not entirely sure what you are expecting better of other games.

(Also no-one ever said that it was going to be anywhere near 800k that I recall).

Also, while this was disappointing to many people, I do not really understand how is worth quitting the game over. If this little aspect was all that tied you here then I am not entirely sure what you are expecting better of other games.

(Also no-one ever said that it was going to be anywhere near 800k that I recall).

Everyone has their breaking point.  Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it less valid.

Everyone has their breaking point.  Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it less valid.

I don't... really see what you were trying to get at there. I wasn't commenting on the validity on anyone's reason for leaving, I simply stated that I did not understand it. My point was that if people are going to get so upset over a "little" issue like this then I hope they are prepared for a lot of further disappointment with other games because I have yet to encounter a company that takes care of it's players and appeals to their interests as well as Square Enix do. While not perfect, they're certainly the best that I have encountered... based on 'A Realm Reborn' alone.

Personal Housing patch notes blew me away. Not only are Personal and FC housing sharing wards, the prices will be the same. Devaluing across 3 months is only going to work for the few servers who were complaining that only a few houses had been bought while more populated servers will have no chance to wait for prices to drop. I was saving to upgrade our FC from Small to Large but I don't see it happening within 2014 and probably most of the 2015 going into 2016 with the lack of wards being added and now since I'm sure all the large and medium plots will be bought well before 3 months on Balmung. Upgrading to Medium is a total waste of gil since once you buy it, there is no selling it. (Which is also dumb. The Gil sink they intended doesn't seem to be working if the original launch prices are still the same.) I do not force my members to donate, I told them all to donate if they have gil to spare because I came into this game specifically for housing and as the leader, I want to give that to them.

Very dissappointing. I'm not saying I'm going to quit but I'm not looking forward to anymore annoucements they give because each time they raise my hopes high just to smack them back down. I started this game at launch after hearing about housing and it was one of the main reasons I kept playing. I've been saving SINCE launch, and every free chance I get when I'm not working on leveling my craft, I'm working on Market. Sure I can buy another small or medium house for myself, but I have already SOLO bought a small house for my FC and I don't want to buy another and snatch it from the grasp of one of the FCs who has been homeless since the very start of housing. It's ridiculous. I barely got the small house we have now when the 6th Wards opened, since I stayed up all night waiting for servers to come up. I saw people complaining the next day that they had missed a chance on even buying a small because they had been at work or no one was available when the servers came up. It's sad.

People keep saying it's dumb to quit over housing but that's not the point. Sure there are people who will quit because they can't get a house and I TOTALLY understand it but I also believe alot of people are saying they will quit because they are absolutely sick of the reneging that is rampart with this company. I can't even say I'm surprised at how they are handling this. Blocking the majority of the playerbase out of a vanity system. Why? Because they have been doing it since forever. High level fishing & Culinary desyth skill required to proc a LVL 1 vanity item. New lvl 1 vanity items comes out, the mats are so hard to get they cost more than a personal room. I don't see them changing this trend anytime soon and definitally not before the people who were playing this game in hopes of getting a house to RP somewhere in the next 3 years actually find a game where they can do so without all the renegs, backtracks and near out-of-reach obstacles.

Personal Housing patch notes blew me away. Not only are Personal and FC housing sharing wards, the prices will be the same. Devaluing across 3 months is only going to work for the few servers who were complaining that only a few houses had been bought while more populated servers will have no chance to wait for prices to drop. I was saving to upgrade our FC from Small to Large but I don't see it happening within 2014 and probably most of the beginning of 2015 now since I'm sure all the large plots will be bought well before 3 months on Balmung. 

Very dissappointing. I'm not saying I'm going to quit but I'm not looking forward to anymore annoucements they give because each time they raise my hopes high just to smack them back down. I started this game at launch after hearing about housing and it was one of the main reasons I kept playing. I've been saving SINCE launch, and every free chance I get when I'm not working on leveling my craft, I'm working on Market. Sure I can buy another small house, but I have already SOLO bought a small house for my FC and I don't want to buy another and snatch it from the grasp of one of the FCs who has been homeless since the very start of housing. It's ridiculous.

People keep saying it's dumb to quit over housing but that's not the point. Sure there are people who will quit because they can't get a house and I TOTALLY understand it but I also believe alot of people are saying they will quit because they are absolutely sick of the reneging that is rampart with this company. I can't even say I'm surprised at how they are handling this. Blocking the majority of the playerbase out of a vanity system. Why? Because they have been doing it since forever. High level fishing & Culinary desyth skill required to proc a LVL 1 vanity item. New lvl 1 vanity items comes out, the mats are so hard to get they cost more than a personal room. I don't see them changing this trend anytime soon and definitally not before the people who were playing this game in hopes of getting a house to RP somewhere in the next 3 years actually find a game where they can do so without all the renegs, backtracks and near out-of-reach obstacles.

I never really considered the impact this might have on FCs until Liadan linked the topic from the Japanese forum, I can easily see how they(and anyone here) would be rattled over that. I wouldn't complain if they reconsidered this even if it doesn't affect me, though it will kill me to have to wait longer to get back in-game, haha.

I had no idea the game was to be patched today but I had the day off conveniently.

(In any case, sorry to hear that the housing has been a major disappointment to you)

I never really considered the impact this might have on FCs until Liadan linked the topic from the Japanese forum, I can easily see how they(and anyone here) would be rattled over that. I wouldn't complain if they reconsidered this even if it doesn't affect me, though it will kill me to have to wait longer to get back in-game, haha.

I had no idea the game was to be patched today but I had the day off conveniently.

(In any case, sorry to hear that the housing has been a major disappointment to you)

It's no worries, it's not your fault but thanks =) and yeah I had no idea the patch was coming up this morning until I went to look at the general section of the official forums and saw the several posts about Housing and I was like "Why are there so many posts about housing all of a sudden" lol. Then I saw someone said the patch notes were up and I was like "OMG...."