Personal housing: Rp organizingness?

Maril

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay I got the house I wanted at least. 

Plot 14, 8th ward of the Goblet.

Going to run some RP events out of it in the near future! Pretty excited.

But it is pretty terrible that I had to wake up early, mash to get into the server, then book it to the plot I wanted. There are some people who have not even read the patch notes yet let alone had a chance to get a house :/

I really hope they revisit it nonetheless. I would not mind a refund on my house if they changed it to a more sane reasoning.

I really hope they revisit it nonetheless. I would not mind a refund on my house if they changed it to a more sane reasoning.

We can hope for a revised system, but I wouldn't count on SE ever refunding the gil you've spent on it.  

Back when the houses were even more expensive (I'm talking about the original FC prices), most FCs couldn't even afford them. A "small" house once cost 20-25 million gil. Now they're....4. But for the players that dropped in that much gil, it was worth it at the time.

Goblet ward 7 plot 27.

I understand that people are really disapointed. I still think that out of this disapointment we could try to think about solutions and offer those on the board for the dev to think about it.

- Garden pots (solo / duo) for private chambers.

- Different chambers size (S / M / L).

What else could we think about :) !

What....the....fuck....personal housing costs just as much as fc housing!?!?

I don't know why I ever believed that they would be honest with us.

I don't think they ever intended to actually implement personal housing at this point.

I remember I said looooong time ago that they'd attempt to price as expensive as FC houses and everyone thought I was insane in this VERY forum and  my prophecy was true.

So, yeah. Good game :(

Well, see, I'm gullible, and when Yoshi-P actually said in a post on the forums that the personal housing would be cheaper and unconnected to FC housing, I actually believed him.

Shame on me, I suppose.  He's actually a worse liar than Ghostcrawler, which is mind-boggling.

I'd like believe that it was more of they were trying to satisfy their members game capacity was forbidding them . I am disappointed too , but they probably have good reason to it

There's pretty much never a good reason for you to outright lie to your playerbase, and that is exactly what Yoshi-P did.

We can hope for a revised system, but I wouldn't count on SE ever refunding the gil you've spent on it.  

Back when the houses were even more expensive (I'm talking about the original FC prices), most FCs couldn't even afford them. A "small" house once cost 20-25 million gil. Now they're....4. But for the players that dropped in that much gil, it was worth it at the time.

It's really not even about prices, but the fact that even if they double the number of wards, we have something like 30k people on Balmung, and we won't even have 5,000 houses...for both FCs and individuals.

Yeah. I'll nudge the OP of that thread.

Yo! Das me!

I definitely think we should combine these posts, but I'd like to request that everyone repost their home locations and give me the little extra information I ask for in my guidelines here:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=7491&pid=91356#pid91356

Thanks!

PS, I'm adding this to the bottom of your post on the first page of the thread so people have multiple chances to see the request!

With the help of some of my IRL friends in the game, they actually helped me get the large plot for my old FC on Ward 7 in Mist. :) 

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without them since they don't RP but they always knew since 2.0 that I was really aiming to buy a large one.

I'll definitely PM you when it's fully furnished and designed. I'll be hosting an event in the future for open house!

With the help of some of my IRL friends in the game, they actually helped me get the large plot for my old FC on Ward 7 in Mist. :) 

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without them since they don't RP but they always knew since 2.0 that I was really aiming to buy a large one.

I'll definitely PM you when it's fully furnished and designed. I'll be hosting an event in the future for open house!

Grats :)

Finally my FC got a small plot in the Mist! It took us a long time and effort but we've made it.

The Althaea's Orphanage is currently under construction. It's a small plot, but my few FC mates and I are working on rising some alts to lv50 in order to use personal rooms to make extra structures to the Orphanage, such as:

- Eatery

- Dorms

- Bathroom

- Library/Study Room

Looking forward to hosting some orphans when all the rooms are set and operative (Will be a while, we're not rich xD)!

If you ever wish to get a preview of the ongoing construction, we're in the Mist (Ward 7, Plot 17).