Personal housing: Rp organizingness?

Maril

What....the....fuck....personal housing costs just as much as fc housing!?!?

I don't know why I ever believed that they would be honest with us.

I don't think they ever intended to actually implement personal housing at this point.

I remember I said looooong time ago that they'd attempt to price as expensive as FC houses and everyone thought I was insane in this VERY forum and  my prophecy was true.

So, yeah. Good game :(

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way it was expected, 800k x amount of players would just have overloading the servers and people would have been even more angry to not have one / to lag in any other area.

In a way or another, result of personal housing would have been some blame to SE. Either because too high priced, either because not enough wards, either because of the lag etc. There were no possibility were everybody would have been please.

They just missed to do one thing : Gardening pots for the personal chambers.

Most of people who aren't RPer want a house for nothing else than the garden. Personal gardening pots with 1 and 2 slots would have been smarter than this half housing solution (and I'm not saying that because I rage as I can't have a house, I can totaly afford one). They talked about it at some point and I thought that it was one of the smartest idea they had to fix the gardening problems (most of people just want to feed their chocobo.. Nothing more !).

Got a personal house.

Lavender Beds, Ward 8, Plot 10.

Also please stay on topic here, I do not wish for people to debate the pros and cons of housing, just your plans regarding it (and now that its open which place you got if any)

Thanks.

Got a personal house.

Lavender Beds, Ward 8, Plot 10.

Also please stay on topic here, I do not wish for people to debate the pros and cons of housing, just your plans regarding it (and now that its open which place you got if any)

Thanks.

Hey, neighbour (..sorta) I'm in Ward 8, Plot 4.

It reeks of implementation deadlines, really. They talked for too long about being mindful of adjustments for it to be thrown away and a flag changed like this.

My personal, no-insight guess is that they didn't have the means to give what they promised at 2.38, but they'd already been harangued into giving something. Remember, they had no intentions of letting individuals buy their own stuff; Both personal housing AND personal rooms were added in after players whined for them. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a revised version of player housing down the line after 2.4 (which is where the bulk of their current dev time is spent, let's be honest) and they just use whatever they were working on for the past couple of months there.

Look at it from the other side: Do you give a half-assed version and patch in the "real" bits later? Or do you just straight-up give nothing and expect people to be content with that?

Well, I mean if everyone did have their own house when they are in FC and the FC has house, people would just go to their own. 

But I am not the developer of FF14. I am sure Yoshida probably felt really bad about announcing such disappointment news and he probably didn't want to make a lot of excuse.

It sounds like a permanent solution to the matter though since they're planning on upping the amount of wards to either 12 or 16 in 2.4. I can't tell if his comment of current plots refers to the previous 6 or the current 8 wards.

This really isn't the answer though what they have done is unsustainable and cheats FC's out of housing.

Player housing and FC housing should have remained separate. Granted, they would have had to get the art staff back in there and draw up new ward designs and housing designs then find a way to implement it all. Probably a new quest line introducing the area etc.

With the current route, I really feel they are going to spend a tragic amount on hardware to host the player demand for housing when they could have just gotten some designers back in there to find an easier, more ingenious route. Entire wards are occupied by solo players while FC's are still looking for it. Something just feels off there.