Information about Patch 2.4 thread!

Austratus

Tokyo Game Show is on right now, and there's expected to be a bit of news regarding 2.4, the next major patch of FFXIV.

While there's surely more to come in the next couple of days, I do want to throw out there that 2.4 has a name-- Dreams of Ice.

[align=center]final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn.jpg?w=720[/align]

[align=center](source)[/align]

Feel free to add info to this thread as it arrives!

For the time being, I suspect Ishgard to remain closed.

The teaser at the end of 2.3's MSQ clearly showed the King with Ascian specters hanging over him; I suspect we won't see the city until the climax of this arc. We're the enemy, after all.

Looking forward to maybe a new Coerthas zone, though.

If I recall correctly, there was something mentioned somewhere (I gotta hunt for the link) that they were bringing back the other highland zones from 1.0 and that Ishgard would be open to us before the expansion.

For the time being, I suspect Ishgard to remain closed.

The teaser at the end of 2.3's MSQ clearly showed the King with Ascian specters hanging over him; I suspect we won't see the city until the climax of this arc. We're the enemy, after all.

Looking forward to maybe a new Coerthas zone, though.

If I recall correctly, there was something mentioned somewhere (I gotta hunt for the link) that they were bringing back the other highland zones from 1.0 and that Ishgard would be open to us before the expansion.

Yeah, that's why I think it'll happen but won't be right now. Coil is finished in 2.4, but unles we're getting an expansion in March, they need something to plug 2.5 and 2.6 with. I could see the MSQ moving towards Ishgard and the influences there, ending with us saving the day and then having access in the build to whatever the expansion's got in store for us.

I think they said we're also going to finish with the tower soon? Or no? I assume 2.5 is going to be it. I know we're not going to get the full 2.5>2.6>2.7>2.8>2.9>3.0 (EXPANSION), just don't remember the numbers Yoshi-P stated they're aiming for.

Maybe Im a pessimist ass, but I would be humored and unsurprised to see a 2.99 patch.

Please look forward to it.

Yeah, Shiva, NIN, and Coil Version 3 comes in 2.4

Then the Crystal Tower saga gets it' conclusion in 2.5, with us going to the world of darkness.

And I believe the only thing we really know about 2.6 is that there is going to be a catastrophe that pushes us into the Expansion, but it won't be as large of an event as Meteor.

EDIT:

Found the link to the post that composes all future data that we know of, including stuff confirmed and debunked: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122723-FFXIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Articles-and-Translated-Interviews

Caaaaaan't wait. I got so hype for these new seasonal outfits that I will probably never wear but then I noticed the saddest looking pumpkin in Eorzea.

Ag8lCl6.jpg

You just ruined my mood...!

Edit:

By the way, I found this guy a few days ago who was clearly too excited about the upcoming festivities and, as a result, could not contain himself.

c0988ce37e.png

New Dungeons

*Sastasha Hard Mode

*Qarn Hard Mode

*Snowcloak Ice Caves - Looks like we're going to be raiding Lady Iceheart's heretic hide out in Snowcloak!

Shiva Speculation:

We know from this post by Fernehalwes that Shiva is worshipped by the Dravanian Beast Tribe, but it looks like Lady Iceheart and her band of heretics have been using shipments and supplies stolen from Ishgardian trade routes in an effort to summon Shiva. For what end, we do not yet know. Are the Ascians pulling the strings of both the Holy See and the Dragonkin? Is Lady Iceheart a pawn in the Dravanian scheme to end the war with Ishgard and awaken Nidhogg once more? What's in it for Iceheart - was she too promised the power of the Echo like the Sahagin? So many questions! We will have to wait until 2.4 to find out.