clio's sketchbook

Yeah, if you're concerned about someone taking the art and running, ask for the money first. Or, if you're not comfortable with the idea of having the money before having a product to give in return, you could always go for a half-and-half deal. Half at the start, along with what the commission is to be of... and then get the other half at the end once they're satisfied with the results.

So, even in the case of someone (read: a jerk) taking the art and running, you still got at least half the money for it. Not quite as good as all the money, but it's a decent alternative.

i could do what i used to do...half first, then they're shown the watermarked version, then they get the "clean" version after i get the other half. it's a bit of a longer payment process and i don't want to seem as if i'm mistrusting of people (most everyone on here i've met so far is super nice x3) just having the hit n run instance before has made me a bit more apprehensive when payment becomes a possibility.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe do both? Offer both as an option - either pay in full at the start, or do half-and-half if they're uncomfortable (or unable due to financial crunches) with coughing up the cash first. That way, no matter what happens, you'll have gotten some manner of payment for your time and effort.

that's actually a good idea chachan. then i can always stash the payment on a retainer just to help keep track or even friend them/have the pm it for safekeeping that way till they get their art. :3 i really like that way of doing it.

hmm...i still have a couple of pieces i want to finish (both are in shading stages) but after that i think....i'll open up a slot to see how it goes. >u<

• 2 weeks later...

welp...it's almost four am....but it's finished!!!!@u@

franz! don't you know to be wary of stray miqo'te??? D:

franzcomicfinal_zpsbtlvlltu.png

also i'm freezing >n

B-but fluffy! And not a stray, just "kindly" insane. OK, maybe the hypothetical petting of Jin'li was a bad idea. I'm sure there were no regrets. WEll, not many.

welp...it's almost four am....but it's finished!!!!@u@

franz! don't you know to be wary of stray miqo'te??? D:

franzcomicfinal_zpsbtlvlltu.png

also i'm freezing >n<;;; *scurries off to find one of her suuuuppper fluffy hoodies*

B-but fluffy! And not a stray, just "kindly" insane. OK, maybe the hypothetical petting of Jin'li was a bad idea. I'm sure there were no regrets. WEll, not many.

as long as you had fun....*cast raise*

People can't resist to pet Miqo'te, it's our secret weapon

understandable......*fluffs ilwe's lion puff* x3

• 1 month later...

spent a long time on this one on and off and i'm so thrilled it's finished >u< i made a smaller version my sig but here's a bigger version for all the dapper details OuO

(for those curious; random room in the hourglass before clio and erik were able to see each other on the frequent basis they do now.)

stolenmoment_zps9nav7ud6.png

edit: changed the wording slightly on the sig version. i like it better this way o3o

I love the colors, this is amazing!

aww thanks. >//u//<

It progressed a lot since last time I saw it, I love the soft coloring :) !

me too, i love how it has that "nighttime" feel to it.

only thing I'd do to the sig version is place a shadow behind the text because it's kind of hard to read at the mo. It's perf otherwise.

i kinda like how it is but i can repost the text for you o3o

"like distant and fleeting jewels of stars in the desert skies.... ...is the time i have in your arms..."

originally i wanted a song quote, but not finding one that fit quite right...i wrote that instead :3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...