2.5 Patch Part 1 Date Announced January 20!

Kage

Each component requires 10 people, no one person can craft more than one component. Each one is 4* HQ.

Anything less is for NOOBS

*sadly resigns himself to trying (and failing) to HQ the basic parts to hand off to the more dedicated crafters*

It should be noted that this was a jokey guess :P

Oh, I know. I'm just being a goof about how bad I am at HQ'ing the basic stuff.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Anti-Casual Voltron!

1) Requires an FC

1a) Requires an FC with a house

2) Requires multiple crafters

2a) Requires multiple melded and 4* crafters

3) Content is locked behind it

The fallout might be enough to kick off the Fallout series. We could be looking at the End Times here.

Yeah, I'm both anticipating, and not looking forwards to it. Given I am the only crafter that logs in frequently. And even then I am nowhere near 4* (though I can hq 3* stuff on weaver)

I have a casual FC of whose people I enjoy their company a lot but I don't know how they will handle the airship part since I know they were looking into it.

all I can imagine is the lost RP opportunities as goin' adventurin' on an airship is one of the things I keep thinking about

Well, every other major patch cycle, they have to bollock something up so explosively that Mt. St. Helens turns to watch...so I suppose the Aetherial Wheel is going to be it.

....hoo boy.

EDIT: "Anti-Casual Voltron" will now be the name of my nerdy band. Thanks, Warren! <3

I have a casual FC of whose people I enjoy their company a lot but I don't know how they will handle the airship part since I know they were looking into it.

all I can imagine is the lost RP opportunities as goin' adventurin' on an airship is one of the things I keep thinking about

If you look at the link I posted, Yoshi-Primal states that it's less driving it around than certain areas opening up to them.

While I do think it'll be geared to FCs that are more crafter oriented, I sincerely doubt there will be content (or, at least, content that will impact end game raiding or PvP) locked behind it. Because that'd be a terrible game design choice. They're doing a good job with making content accessible to everyone, so I don't think they'd let some airships destroy that line or work.

Inexpensive and simple, though...? Yeah, if it has to do with crafting, you can kiss your money goodbye.

While I do think it'll be geared to FCs that are more crafter oriented, I sincerely doubt there will be content (or, at least, content that will impact end game raiding or PvP) locked behind it. Because that'd be a terrible game design choice. They're doing a good job with making content accessible to everyone, so I don't think they'd let some airships destroy that line or work.

Inexpensive and simple, though...? Yeah, if it has to do with crafting, you can kiss your money goodbye.

So once you build your free company airship you can select which players can board that and you would access certain areas that only your airship can access and go into battle and explore that area.

From the article I linked

You know as well as I do that if there's a single piece of glamourable gear that requires an airship, you'll be able to see the flames from orbit.

Edit:

You have different content available, like different battles and certain materials that you can only gather and certain areas you can only access by the airship. So it is more that type of game content. It is not about controlling the airship by yourself.”

We now return to your regularly scheduled harbinging.

... I wonder if you'll get to name your airship. Just for, like, vanity purposes. Because Harbinger is a pretty swank (if possibly overused) name for a ship. Probably won't matter, though, since people will probably give them one even if there's no "official" way to do it. Much like naming your minions.

... I wonder if you'll get to name your airship. Just for, like, vanity purposes. Because Harbinger is a pretty swank (if possibly overused) name for a ship. Probably won't matter, though, since people will probably give them one even if there's no "official" way to do it. Much like naming your minions.

If I ever manage it, then the Desu Express will be reborn!!!

If I ever manage it, then the Desu Expressu will be reborn!!!

Fixed that for you... u.

2.5 MSQ start

...FUCK I NEED A SHIVA CLEAR YES REGULAR SHIVA BECAUSE ALL THE GUIDES I'VE SEEN ARE FOR EXTREME AND I DON'T LIKE GOING IN BLIND WITH PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.

Hildibrand Possible Conclusion

Check.

New Dungeons

Check, and less stressful than 8 mans so blind stuff is fine.

World of Darkness

Check. SYRCUSMANIA made sure I was ready enough for this, unless it requires i110 and even then I should get that this week I believe.

Urth's Fount

Check. Down for Odin content that isn't a clusterfuck.

Revenge of Gilgamesh

Color me interested. Perhaps Enkidu isn't a chicken anymore.

Mystery Trial

Get the feeling this is going to be stressful and I'll be paired with assholes. So, uh, no.

New Rules for Frontline

Check. Never did Frontline, but might be a good time to start. 

Aetherial Wheel

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Let's see - No FC, not 4-star in anything, no money to keep grinding, nothing I do makes cash.

New Crafting Recipes

Fuck no. Here's a hint : They're all 4-star except more difficult, will require DESYNTHS from CT to craft, and more importantly they won't look that much different except they're SHINY.

I'm partially feeling this patch, but I really need a Shiva normal clear for that feel to happen.