2.5 Patch Part 1 Date Announced January 20!

Kage

Just saw this on reddit from the patch notes:

[*]-Mor Dhona (X:21 Y:8)

[*]-NPC: Wandering Minstrel

[*]-Players must have obtained the Aithon, Xanthos, Gullfaxi, Enbarr, Markab, and Boreas mounts.

My favorite thing EVER in a game I am paying for is not allowing access to content unless I am forced to freaking farm ex bosses I can't even beat once. Thanks again SE. You always make me love this game so much. :thumbsup:

:frustrated:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]-Players must have obtained the Aithon, Xanthos, Gullfaxi, Enbarr, Markab, and Boreas mounts.

My favorite thing EVER in a game I am paying for is not allowing access to content unless I am forced to freaking farm ex bosses I can't even beat once. Thanks again SE. You always make me love this game so much. :thumbsup:

Such is the price you must pay if you seek the legendary Omnihorse.

Such is the price you must pay if you seek the legendary Omnihorse.

Hells with that.

I'm already planning on getting the Collector's edition of Heavensward to get my Griffon, and once I have a Griffon, I need no Omnihorse excecpt to provide my winged mount with a buffet.

My favorite thing EVER in a game I am paying for is not allowing access to content unless I am forced to freaking farm...

While I understand your frustration, I have to point out that it is not a bad thing to reward people who have/are able to put in such time.

None of us are entitled to be able to see or obtain every last bit of digital splendor from the game.

It's not about time - none of these encounters take time, really unless you're talking early on in the game's lifecycle (back when y'all had to learn stuff) and farmgroups pop up often enough with the exception of Titan EX (for obvious reasons).

It's finding the 7 people that aren't complete dingbats to do it with and then fighting off the REAL boss - RNG.

I doubt this quest will lead to anything massively significant, though.

Does it suck, yeah sure but eh I've made my peace with never doing coil/EXes.

It's finding the 7 people that aren't complete dingbats to do it with

This will always be the problem. And if you are new, especially as a tank, be prepared to face the wrath with those strangers. I did T6 with a pug in DF yesterday saying it was my first time and I will tell you people wanted to kick me before we even started. Others will say "grab some friends." Out of 86+ friends I have in my list, I would say maybe one or two would agree. Others are always "busy". So yeah, do I have a chip on my shoulder about endgame stuff? Yes. Becasue a lot of content is locked to me and can't be opened without the magical super combination of completing this this and that and oh you better have  asolid group together who's practiced to do that too. And I don't have that. Rant done.

My favorite thing EVER in a game I am paying for is not allowing access to content unless I am forced to freaking farm...

While I understand your frustration, I have to point out that it is not a bad thing to reward people who have/are able to put in such time.

None of us are entitled to be able to see or obtain every last bit of digital splendor from the game.

Think about it this way -- you go to an amusement fair that has a cover charge of five bucks. With that five bucks, you can make an attempt at a bunch of games within, and receive prizes, or passes to go on to other games in a different section of the park. 

Stomping up to a ring toss stand and demanding one of the prizes because you paid the cover charge -- it won't really work! You'll have to play the ring toss game and hope you have the skill or luck (or friends!) to get it done. If you don't -- there are other games around that offer other prizes that you can take part in! 

It sucks that you can't get THAT PARTICULAR PRIZE, sure, but you paid the cover charge, so you can keep checking out the other games to your hearts content, and collect the prizes from those!

Preliminary patch notes are up on the lodestone. This is easily the best part in them.

a5a072656ab605ef70ac3612d91f30e41d038115_20.png

This kinda saddens me. ...since the Highlander /pose is pretty much the same thing without the radiant sparkling smile. (And I'm assuming we'll get the funny sound effects).

If I had Chachan do it for you in his Sunflower tuxedo as soon as I get it, would that make you feel better? :(

Preliminary patch notes are up on the lodestone. This is easily the best part in them.

This kinda saddens me. ...since the Highlander /pose is pretty much the same thing without the radiant sparkling smile. (And I'm assuming we'll get the funny sound effects).

I hope IF we get the sounds, only the poser can hear it. Otherwise it'd make for some pretty annoying spam x.x

Either way, it's nice that they keep putting poses in. THEY NEED TO KEEP IT UP

a5a072656ab605ef70ac3612d91f30e41d038115_20.png

/toobadsosad

/hildy

Some people have linked a famitsu interview that has some details some people either google translated or quick-translated.

You will need to do a weekly quest to clear all the CT dungeons once per week to get the upgrade item (carbon coat?). This is to prevent the overlap of the armor lockout. Also, they have readied other rewards to entice ppl to do the older CT dungeons. Probably the crafting mat (Allagan Catalyst)

Odin rewards will be armor pieces. This time they are split up so that you can glamour them (specifically for tanks). Other jobs will also get Odin-themed armor.

Allied Seals can be used to purchase upgrade items, but will be way more expensive.

Zodiac Quest continues in 3.0 but not sure in what form yet. I get the feeling he's pretty evasive on that due to the people with zodiacs already have a giant headstart over ppl who don't.

Some people have linked a famitsu interview that has some details some people either google translated or quick-translated.

You will need to do a weekly quest to clear all the CT dungeons once per week to get the upgrade item (carbon coat?). This is to prevent the overlap of the armor lockout. Also, they have readied other rewards to entice ppl to do the older CT dungeons. Probably the crafting mat (Allagan Catalyst)

Odin rewards will be armor pieces. This time they are split up so that you can glamour them (specifically for tanks). Other jobs will also get Odin-themed armor.

Allied Seals can be used to purchase upgrade items, but will be way more expensive.

Zodiac Quest continues in 3.0 but not sure in what form yet. I get the feeling he's pretty evasive on that due to the people with zodiacs already have a giant headstart over ppl who don't.

YES YES YES YES YES!

Thank god I have capped Allied Seals. <_< I knew they'd be good for something eventually. No... more... Zodiac... upgrade... in... 2.5? Or... does this mean... the Zodiac will still have its final upgrade in 2.5 but then also continue to upgrade in 3.0? I NEED ANSWERS!

Also, I actually highly approve of the CT>ST>WoD weekly quest for poetics upgrade items. Very primal like. And it makes sure people aren't just spamming WoD for poetic upgrades.

It's quite a large chunk of info, so I broke down the Triple Triad bit into a spoiler tag, but here is the info!

A: Just as I introduced to you all in the walkthrough video, there is a competition located in the Manderville Gold Saucer where it will be possible to face-off against other players in FINAL FANTASY XIV’s Triple Triad. However, there are people who are new to the FF series and many people of a younger generation who started out with FINAL FANTASY X, so I’ll give a brief overview of Triple Triad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1312&d=1421727762&thumb=1

Triple Triad is a card-based mini-game that was introduced in FINAL FANTASY VIII.

> attachmentid=1313&d=1421727775&thumb=1

Triple Triad is a simple game, where players decide who goes first and then place a card on any open space of a 3x3 board. The goal of the game is to obtain your opponent's cards. There are four numbers—arranged in a square—on the upper-left of the card that correspond to the sides of the card. When you play a card next to your opponent's, the value of the touching sides is compared. If your number is higher, you'll obtain your opponent's card. For example, let's say Yoshida plays a card with "3" on the left side at the center of the board. His opponent then places a card to the left of his, with a "4" on its right side. In that case, Yoshida's number is lower, so he loses his card. This process is repeated until the match ends, when the player with the most cards at the end wins. The rules are simple, but a lot of strategy is involved.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1314&d=1421727788&thumb=1

We’ve prepared all sorts of methods of obtaining cards for FINAL FANTASY XIV’s Triple Triad. In fact, various NPCs around Eorzea play Triple Triad, and by challenging them to a match and winning, players will obtain cards. However, they possess a large number of cards, so it won’t be very easy to get rare cards from them. Players can also obtain cards in exchange for Gold Saucer points. Roughly two-thirds of the cards can be obtained by playing matches with NPCs and trading Gold Saucer points, but there will also be cards that drop from dungeons and other battles. At the start of Patch 2.51, there will be a total of eighty cards that are available. As new patches are released, new cards will be added, including cards with the same design as those that already exist in-game, but have different numbers in the upper-left corner. 

Additionally, cards featuring the “Legendary” FF series characters from “Dissidia FINAL FANTASY” that were designed by Tetsuya Nomura will be obtainable in various places. A particular icon will be displayed over the heads of NPCs that can be challenged to a Triple Triad match, so one quick look will allow players to identify them. If an NPC has already been beaten by a player, the icon will change to a “defeated” icon, so players will know whether or not they have beaten a certain NPC before. There is an achievement that can be received by defeating every NPC that has this specific icon, but there are a few hidden NPCs above which the icon will not be displayed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1315&d=1421727801&thumb=1

FINAL FANTASY VIII was an offline game, so players could only have matches with NPCs. However, now it will be possible for players to have matches with each other. With that said, players will not be able to take cards away from one another. Players will simply be competing to see who is stronger. Tournaments will also be held at the Gold Saucer, and there will be cards that are awarded to players who win a certain number of matches each week.

Additionally, since players will be able to challenge each other, the rules can be customized to a very high degree. There were many people who expressed their desire to see a card mini-game so we really put our all into fine tuning it. We hope you enjoy it!