2.5 Sneak Preview

I have MNK at 105, WAR at 98, and gearing SCH because I plan to main healer when shit starts getting real. *lesigh* Ffffffffffff

PLD at... 109? NIN at 90-something. Leveling WAR for Mercy Stroke. |D;;

Gogon is much more geared all around, and mains SCH like a bawss. All the heals. Though, I'm REALLY tempted to have him try to AST once Heavensward drops. It's gonna be hard dropping that sweet War Jacket, though.

Lili's going to ICly be a Machinist simply for the gun. Outside of that I just reeaalllyyy have fallen in love with healing as a SCH and feel sad letting that go anytime soon :<

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lili's going to ICly be a Machinist simply for the gun. Outside of that I just reeaalllyyy have fallen in love with healing as a SCH and feel sad letting that go anytime soon :<

I like a lot of things about SCH. The aesthetic (and overall design look) of basically being a battlefield tactician - you use formulae and tactics to turn the battle in your allies' favor. The fact that it's almost like a Discipline Smite-Priest, which was my favorite way to heal in WoW - not to mention the visceral feel of dropping Stoneskin and a crit Adlo because you just don't feel like you want your tank taking damage for a while. And the fact that, with a Fairy and a Chocobo, you're basically your own one-man team thanks to Cleric Stance and mad DoTs.

I soloed ALL my Alexandrite maps. ALL of them. The only times I failed were due to lag on the Cyclops or the Mythril Golem. Knowing other people need help to do it is a pretty empowering feeling.

I'm going to try AST, because it looks REALLY neat, but even if he's on a non-RP server (until I finally get pestered enough to drag him to Balmung to join his little brother)... he's forever a SCH to me.

I also would help if it's needed! 8D I have heals WHM 116, or SMN for dps at 101. ^^ I'm not as awesome as these folks but I enjoy helping too. :D

EDIT: WE WILL GET ALL THE RPC-ERS READY.

...I LOVE THIS!

Repeating...WE WILL GET ALL THE RPC-ERS READY.

AAAAALLL OOOFFFF THEEEEEEEMMM!!!

*blasts off on the shining wings of hope*

I'm going to try AST, because it looks REALLY neat, but even if he's on a non-RP server (until I finally get pestered enough to drag him to Balmung to join his little brother)... he's forever a SCH to me.

Join usssss

I've always said I'm free unless I'm raiding or about to do stupid farming things.

i118 BLM, i111 SCH, i111 PLD (Vit or STR accessories), i110 BRD

Join usssss

I've always said I'm free unless I'm raiding or about to do stupid farming things.

i118 BLM, i111 SCH, i111 PLD (Vit or STR accessories), i110 BRD

... M-maybe after plot things happen between him and Chachan... :blush:

I also would help if it's needed! 8D I have heals WHM 116, or SMN for dps at 101. ^^ I'm not as awesome as these folks but I enjoy helping too. :D

...I LOVE THIS!

I HAVE ARMOR FOR YOU! (Because I'm a bad employee and crafted it at work)

...someone else will need to make you rings though. And we will need to get you that relic.

Now that I have finally broken the ilvl110 barrier on my main, I look ahead at what I am expected to do to move much further, and find myself less and less interested as SE seems to have a massive geek-boner over the implementation of the Law of Diminishing Returns. But I'm the sort of person who left LOTRO because of the Moria Radiance grind (those who were there know what I mean).

Also, I think SE Devs have a book on their desks with the title: "How To Get Players Hunting The Same Old Hard-To-Find But Otherwise Pointless Trash Mobs For Fun And Profit", with a leaflet on "Arbitrarily Restricting Fate Spawn Times: Because You Can."

Dungeons, CT, ST, all good. But a lot of the rest... meh. I don't really have a coil group (I'm willing to learn, though) but I have a low tolerance for PUGs in that sorta thing.

Now that I have finally broken the ilvl110 barrier on my main, I look ahead at what I am expected to do to move much further, and find myself less and less interested as SE seems to have a massive geek-boner over the implementation of the Law of Diminishing Returns.  But I'm the sort of person who left LOTRO because of the Moria Radiance grind (those who were there know what I mean).

Also, I think SE Devs have a book on their desks with the title: "How To Get Players Hunting The Same Old Hard-To-Find But Otherwise Pointless Trash Mobs For Fun And Profit", with a leaflet on "Arbitrarily Restricting Fate Spawn Times: Because You Can."

Dungeons, CT, ST, all good. But a lot of the rest... meh. I don't really have a coil group (I'm willing to learn, though) but I have a low tolerance for PUGs in that sorta thing.

I'd help you out with Coil. I don't really static, but I could teach up to T7 in non-tanking roles. Most of them are coordination checks. Once you learn the dance, it'll repeat over and over. ...so if you've fought Titan HM and grasped what to do, Coil isn't much harder.

I soloed ALL my Alexandrite maps. ALL of them. The only times I failed were due to lag on the Cyclops or the Mythril Golem. Knowing other people need help to do it is a pretty empowering feeling.

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging... this isn't actually that difficult as long as you know how to handle each encounter (the first time can be a bit hairy if you're going in blind, naturally). I've soloed Alexandrite maps as a BRD, a DRG, a NIN, and a WAR, and it's doable on all of them.

That being said, soloing as a tank class is absolute easymode. You cannot possibly fail an Alexandrite map as a WAR unless you just don't know how to play. So much HP and defense, plus all the self-healing (Inner Beast makes you UNKILLABLE) turns encounters into a joke. I get close calls occasionally on my DPS classes even when I'm doing everything right, but never with WAR. It's a complete stomp every time, all the time.

...I LOVE THIS!

...someone else will need to make you rings though. And we will need to get you that relic.

Ill sort out accesories and relix base when I get off work!

...I LOVE THIS!

Ill sort out accesories and relix base when I get off work!

If you'd like mats, I have some raziqsand I can donate. And emery.

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging... this isn't actually that difficult as long as you know how to handle each encounter (the first time can be a bit hairy if you're going in blind, naturally). I've soloed Alexandrite maps as a BRD, a DRG, a NIN, and a WAR, and it's doable on all of them.

That being said, soloing as a tank class is absolute easymode. You cannot possibly fail an Alexandrite map as a WAR unless you just don't know how to play. So much HP and defense, plus all the self-healing (Inner Beast makes you UNKILLABLE) turns encounters into a joke. I get close calls occasionally on my DPS classes even when I'm doing everything right, but never with WAR. It's a complete stomp every time, all the time.

Haha, no worries. I might've sounded like I was bragging myself. Folks I spoke with on Zalera just said that I should have a second on hand in case things turned south. Which might've helped in those... three or four instances where I lost a map due to horribly sudden and unwanted lag spikes, but otherwise I felt they were unnecessary.

... I haven't even bothered trying to get beyond applying the Mist for any other classes, so I haven't much of a gauge to go by other than word of mouth. :blush:

...I LOVE THIS!

Count me in to help! :lol:

Hm, let's see. I'm not skilled enough craft wise to give the needed gear, but I can provide healing for all the things. I've also got some dungeons to do if anyone needs the soldiery bonus to help gear up.

Someone on BlueGartr translated the JP press release. There's, uh, major spoilers in it.

Main Scenario: Before the Fall

With the rebuilding of the empire of Garlemald, the revelation of the traitor, and the stepping down of the Sultana, Ul'dah is on the brink of collapse from within. To add fuel to the fire, darkness threatens to engulf the entire realm. The fate of Eorzea lies with the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, and you, Warrior of Light, in this final chapter.

Link to the post is here.

English translation is here, for posterity.

With the emergence of a new emperor in Garlemald, the threat of an imperial invasion once again looms over Eorzea. Meanwhile, revelations of conspiracy have sown strife among Ul'dah's ruling class, and the sultanate's precarious peace now hangs in the balance. A storm of chaos gathers; will the Scions of the Seventh Dawn be able to weather the arduous trials it brings?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_5_Before_the_Fall/