Random question of the day!

Enzo

A fair question to ponder. Whenever you make an animal/human cross such as Miqo'te there has to be a line where you say "these qualities come from the animal side, while these come from the human side."

Typically in a cross-species breed such as Miqo'te, the sexuality traits are more aligned with the human aspect.

If they had reverse jointed legs, six breasts, and full-body fur, then I would say it came from the feline aspect.

Whenever they go into the Sangolii. There's a lot of heat out there. It's a desert, after all.

That explains the Forgotten Springs bathers.

I would assume they have a menstrual cycle rather than an estrous cycle. Presumably, they wouldn't get aroused at all when not in heat. Taking into account all the lusty NPCs out there...

A fair question to ponder.  Whenever you make an animal/human cross such as Miqo'te there has to be a line where you say "these qualities come from the animal side, while these come from the human side."

Typically in a cross-species breed such as Miqo'te, the sexuality traits are more aligned with the human aspect.

If they had reverse jointed legs, six breasts, and full-body fur, then I would say it came from the feline aspect.

Cats don't have reverse joined legs! They just walk on their toes!! ... sorry

In any case, I'm inclined to think that no, they do not. There's no lore precedent for it that I know of, anyway.

It'd be an interesting concept, since "heat" implies that you can breed only during this time. That would put the whole breeding act in the females hand to control and schedule, which would be an interesting reversal of power from what we know of Sun Seeker culture.

Maybe not the Sun Seekers.  But the Keepers of the Moon from what I know worship Menphina both a female deity a goddess of love and symbol is the Moon (maybe linked to the monthly cycle of heat?)  And the culture is a highly matriarchal society.  All are female centered views so they could very well have a stronger Heat drive then the Sun Seekers.

Speaking about feline/human hybrids male cat's sexual organs are barbed.  So are Miqo'te the same?  Of course we can assume no in this case.  Being bipedal the Miqo'te sexual behavior would be different then the quadruped felines.  Still an interesting question to ponder. 

That would put the whole breeding act in the females hand to control and schedule, which would be an interesting reversal of power from what we know of Sun Seeker culture.

I would argue that, in all likelihood, Seeker females are already in control of their own reproductive choices.

A nunh is not an alpha male or a master of a harem; he's a clan-designated sperm dispenser.

I'd like to add that I do not say this to disparage the title of Nunh or the RPers that use it, but rather because the very common notion of assuming that the Nunh have power is one derived from our IRL cultures which largely equate sex and reproduction with power.

... male cat's sexual organs are barbed...

This is by design of their biology. It is the withdraw that causes the female to ovulate. It is also why the female will typically turn and attack the male at that point. It is physically painful. (Or maybe she just really doesn't want kittens?)

That would put the whole breeding act in the females hand to control and schedule, which would be an interesting reversal of power from what we know of Sun Seeker culture.

I would argue that, in all likelihood, Seeker females are already in control of their own reproductive choices.

A nunh is not an alpha male or a master of a harem; he's a clan-designated sperm dispenser.

I'd like to add that I do not say this to disparage the title of Nunh or the RPers that use it, but rather because the very common notion of assuming that the Nunh have power is one derived from our IRL cultures which largely equate sex and reproduction with power.

You misunderstand immensely the point of what I said. My point wasn't that the males or females had more power over one another, but if that "heat" was involved, it'd mean having to adhere to a strict mating schedule based solely upon the females bodily needs. Rather than simply adhering to their desires, they become slaves to what is biologically necessary.

Also who in the world would think they have barbs? How horrifying.

You may be surprised by the lengths at which certain role-players go to justify bringing all sorts of bizarre fetishes into their role-play. Most, thankfully, have the decency to keep it behind closed doors where it belongs.

Would a Miqo'te groom their ears and tail? And if so, how?

brush possibly? i can't picture them doing the whole "lick hand then rub on ear" thing.

Heh! I have Lani do that (but that's because she's a savage). I think that Miqo'te wash like humans do, so when Lani does that, it's the equivalent of a human spitting on their hand and running it through their hair. The looks people give her are priceless.

I was asking to see the perspective of others! :D

Enla is fairly meticulous and tends to comb her fingers through her tail and ears at least several times a day, so much so that it's become a bit of a habit. When she settles down for the night she brings out the proper brush sets, though her tail is often wrapped in water resistant cloth while bathing. She'll wash it by herself, but a soggy tail is absolutely one of her least favorite things in this world, so it's a separate nightly ritual.

brush possibly? i can't picture them doing the whole "lick hand then rub on ear" thing.

Heh! I have Lani do that (but that's because she's a savage). I think that Miqo'te wash like humans do, so when Lani does that, it's the equivalent of a human spitting on their hand and running it through their hair. The looks people give her are priceless.

I was asking to see the perspective of others! :D

lol that's great xD i'll have to try and see that sometime so i can see reactions from other people.