Hildebrand questline

Riven

Personally I found most of it boring and annoying. Half the quests are you running from one place to another while actually doing nothing. The trials you end up doing are great, and there's a couple funny moments; but overall I found it quite dull.

It is certainly, though, one of those things where you either like that style of humor and story telling or you don't.

Personally I found most of it boring and annoying. Half the quests are you running from one place to another while actually doing nothing. The trials you end up doing are great, and there's a couple funny moments; but overall I found it quite dull.

It is certainly, though, one of those things where you either like that style of humor and story telling or you don't.

Yeah. It's one of those things that most people seem to absolutely love or absolutely hate. To put it differently...it's a lot like Haurchefant - decent enough and with some good moments but blown vastly out of proportion in regards to how amazing it is by some very vocal portions of the community.

There's some very interesting bits of lore hidden away in the quest chain, though - and as Jonexe says the trials that are unlocked are pretty fun. Yet the humour is very goofy, repetitive and slapstick - and isn't going to be to everybody's tastes. I didn't really like it but I pushed through it since I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

I adore these quests! It reminds me of a FFXiV version of Lupin III.

If you like silly anime, you'll love them. If you don't like silly you won't.

Personally I hope they find some way to give us more.

I hope we get a mount from that quest line.

Also how they left it hanging there definatly will be more.

The Hildibrand quests can be really funny much of the time, but most of the time spent between amusing cutscenes is generally tedious running around between person A and point B and back and forth.

Some of the crazy facial expressions they use for the Hildibrand cutscenes remind me of old Garry's Mod YouTube videos from the mid-late 2000's.

Some of the crazy facial expressions they use for the Hildibrand cutscenes remind me of old Garry's Mod YouTube videos from the mid-late 2000's.

I think that every time, ha.

The questline is quite silly, but I find it so bizarre that it's very entertaining. Yes, the quests can be tedious and involve just a lot of foot work, but, that's pretty much most questing in the game anyways, so I don't see the difference!

Besides. Gentleman's pose, come on!

I may start this up tonight, and I have heard many...interesting things about it.

On a scale of 1-10, how much should I be prepared to boggle at my screen, laugh, or just go WTF

There will be SOOOO much face palming in that quest line.  But it's worth it for the old school FF references.

I think that every time, ha.

The questline is quite silly, but I find it so bizarre that it's very entertaining. Yes, the quests can be tedious and involve just a lot of foot work, but, that's pretty much most questing in the game anyways, so I don't see the difference!

Besides. Gentleman's pose, come on!

You don't know how excited it makes me that I'm not alone in thinking this. I always feel like internet trash when something reminds me of GMod videos or YTMNDs or any sort of out-of-date internet phenomenon and nobody knows what I'm talking about.

I can't wait for the next quests and what silly-awesome reward we'll get. What Fyrilsunn and I really want is that thinking pose Hildibrand always does...

In queue for Battle at Big Keep now (likely going to have to requeue for it after I get home from work) and overall the moments of funny were worth the mild tedium it had. I enjoyed it as a diversion and am glad I saved it as the 'last' thing I needed to do before tackling Heavensward.

9/10, worth it for the Manderville Dance and Gentlemanly Pose.

I want a separate Nashu minion, still in the Gentlewoman outfit. Except this one also produces bombs at random, then sneezes, setting them off.

There is no amount of money I would not give SE for this.

Nashu is love, Nashu is life.

Don't forget a /doze idle animation.

I want a separate Nashu minion, still in the Gentlewoman outfit. Except this one also produces bombs at random, then sneezes, setting them off.

There is no amount of money I would not give SE for this.

Nashu is love, Nashu is life.

Don't forget a /doze idle animation.

We have all these Host Club RP events... we need Nashu Host Club.

You hear me, all you Miqo ladies? Get to it!