PATCH 3.1 MSQ TEASER!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was SE ever going to do anything with the Warring Triad? You can't just throw in a huge FFVI reference like that simply for decoration. I was heard rumors long ago that the next big raid instance would be FFVI based. Now that it's whatever that boring Void Ark thing is, I just can't help but be disappointed and underwhelmed.

Was SE ever going to do anything with the Warring Triad? You can't just throw in a huge FFVI reference like that simply for decoration. I was heard rumors long ago that the next big raid instance would be FFVI based. Now that it's whatever that boring Void Ark thing is, I just can't help but be disappointed and underwhelmed.

Considering the Warring Triad are powering Azys Lla I'm sure the Triad are going to be an MSQ thing rather than a side-plot (you can see large cables coming out of the bases of the "statues" if you go close to them, which implies that the statues are actually the captured, full-sized forms of the Triad). Likely we won't see them coming into play for some time.

Was SE ever going to do anything with the Warring Triad?  You can't just throw in a huge FFVI reference like that simply for decoration.  I was heard rumors long ago that the next big raid instance would be FFVI based.  Now that it's whatever that boring Void Ark thing is, I just can't help but be disappointed and underwhelmed.

It's very likely that it'll be dealt with at some point during the expansion. Just not immediately - and there's also the situation with Nidhogg to deal with as well. Both plot points are going to be pretty huge and so I think they'll be the focus of specific content patches. The Warring Triad may end up being something tied to the final content patch of the expansion whilst bringing us into 4.0 at the same time.

Both plot points are going to be pretty huge and so I think they'll be the focus of specific content patches. The Warring Triad may end up being something tied to the final content patch of the expansion whilst bringing us into 4.0 at the same time.

This is my hope and, dare I say, my expectation. That said, how they'll roll the Warring Triad proper into the Eorzean mythos is something I've yet to wrap my head around.

MSQ:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/67bb968813a6b96cb65327f01b1641b04279d564

Void Ark:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2dd46506dbce0211950ed0a6c4463d52b8d5b774

Okay, so allow me to start this off with my favorite thing about this announcement ever.

With advances in the usage of airships and amidst the arrival of the so-called “Great Sky Age,” there are those who ride their own airships through the skies seeking hidden lands and mystery. They are known as “sky pirates.”

...Guys, Sky Pirates are a thing, now, in FFXIV.

balthier.jpg

mod note: this thread/post has been merged into an already-created thread on the same topic

I don't know what to expect. But I'm hyped, either way.

Even though I suspect we'll see Halone summoned as a primal, sooner or later, during 3.x.

I mean, we know from the Little Ala Mhigo story arc in 2.0 that even the Twelve can be summoned as primals (Wilred and the others planned to summon Rhalgr).

Uh...

No, they thought that's what they were doing.  But, as I recall, they were deceived by the Ascians.  There is no confirmation one way or another that what they thought they were summoning would actually have been Rhalgr as a primal.

Even though I suspect we'll see Halone summoned as a primal, sooner or later, during 3.x.

I mean, we know from the Little Ala Mhigo story arc in 2.0 that even the Twelve can be summoned as primals (Wilred and the others planned to summon Rhalgr).

Uh...

No, they thought that's what they were doing.  But, as I recall, they were deceived by the Ascians.  There is no confirmation one way or another that what they thought they were summoning would actually have been Rhalgr as a primal.

From Final Fantasy Wikia:

Wilred is one of the residents of Little Ala Mihgo. While investigating the activities of the Ascians, the Adventurer learns that several Ala Mhigan youths were being persuaded by one to summon Rhalgr as a primal. Since a large volume of crystals is needed for the summoning, the Adventurer and Gundobald intervene before they recklessly try to raid the Amalj'aa's supply.

You can summon literally anything as a primal if you have enough aether and you believe hard enough.

It's probably just not going to be what you bargained for. Of course you'll get tempered right after so you'll be pleased regardless.

You can summon literally anything as a primal if you have enough aether and you believe hard enough.

It's probably just not going to be what you bargained for. Of course you'll get tempered right after so you'll be pleased regardless.

Tiamat was not pleased.

Tiamat was not pleased.

Maybe she's just into bondage, and didn't want to admit it.

"N-no warrior of light, just leave me."

Why else would she stick around there for thousands of years.

Uh...

Wilred is one of the residents of Little Ala Mihgo. While investigating the activities of the Ascians, the Adventurer learns that several Ala Mhigan youths were being persuaded by one to summon Rhalgr as a primal. Since a large volume of crystals is needed for the summoning, the Adventurer and Gundobald intervene before they recklessly try to raid the Amalj'aa's supply.

Yes, I know that.  But, they didn't succeed.  Actually, they didn't even get far enough to start.  We still haven't seen a single one of the Twelve actually summoned, as a primal or as anything else, and for all we know, the ritual the Ascians gave Wilred and his little friends wasn't even reaching for Rhalgr at all.  These were not people well-versed in spell craft or summoning magic.

I'm merely pointing out that we have yet to see an actual member of the Twelve summoned at all.  We've seen Beast Tribes' ancient "gods," and we've seen Shiva summoned (who was a real person).  But no Twelve.

Even if someone did try, it would be a twisted, wrong version that sprang from the mind of the summoner, without any real connection to the Twelve as they are known.

Edited to Add: It shouldn't have to be said, but apparently it must be said, so, THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION OK? Ok.

Uh...

Yes, I know that.  But, they didn't succeed.  Actually, they didn't even get far enough to start.  We still haven't seen a single one of the Twelve actually summoned, as a primal or as anything else, and for all we know, the ritual the Ascians gave Wilred and his little friends wasn't even reaching for Rhalgr at all.  These were not people well-versed in spell craft or summoning magic.

I'm merely pointing out that we have yet to see an actual member of the Twelve summoned at all.  We've seen Beast Tribes' ancient "gods," and we've seen Shiva summoned (who was a real person).  But no Twelve.

Even if someone did try, it would be a twisted, wrong version that sprang from the mind of the summoner, without any real connection to the Twelve as they are known.

Edited to Add: It shouldn't have to be said, but apparently it must be said, so, THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION OK?  Ok.

Oh, I know primals are always a "wrong" version. Of course what would be summoned wouldn't be actually Halone, but just how they imagine her. I doubt the actual goddess would want to fight the Warrior of Light. But the thing is, only the WoL, Estinien, Iceheart, Alphinaud, Tiamat and the Ascians (maybe the Allagan, too?) know that primals aren't the actual gods/people/whatever.

EDIT: As far as we know.

Oh, I know primals are always a "wrong" version. Of course what would be summoned wouldn't be actually Halone, but just how they imagine her. I doubt the actual goddess would want to fight the Warrior of Light. But the thing is, only the WoL, Estinien, Iceheart, Alphinaud, Tiamat and the Ascians (maybe the Allagan, too?) know that primals aren't the actual gods/people/whatever.

Interestingly, Ramuh wasn't particularly enthused to fight the Warrior of Light.  His only concern was genuinely the protection of the Sylphs.  Once he was assured that the Warrior of Light would not hurt his Sylphs and that they would be protected, he was like, "okay bye."

Interestingly, Ramuh wasn't particularly enthused to fight the Warrior of Light.  His only concern was genuinely the protection of the Sylphs.  Once he was assured that the Warrior of Light would not hurt his Sylphs and that they would be protected, he was like, "okay bye."

There is some evidence that there is a great deal of difference between 'fake' and 'real' primals.

During the 1.0 cinematic, when the airship crashes into silvertear lake, you see all the primals escape as an allagan seal was broken. So there is some evidence that those primals /actually/ exist, and when they are summoned you get the /actual/ primal. 

If the being does not exist (or is dead) some sort of copy is pulled from the aether (Bahamut, King Mog).