PATCH 3.1 MSQ TEASER!

Didn't Old Elf Wizard Guy summon the Twelve as Primals, only for them to get owned anyway?

I don't think so.  He was actually after the actual Twelve to manifest as part of the power he needed to bind Bahamut.  But the summoning would have killed Hydaelyn and that is why it failed.

There is some evidence that there is a great deal of difference between 'fake' and 'real' primals.

During the 1.0 cinematic, when the airship crashes into silvertear lake, you see all the primals escape as an allagan seal was broken. So there is some evidence that those primals /actually/ exist, and when they are summoned you get the /actual/ primal. 

If the being does not exist (or is dead) some sort of copy is pulled from the aether (Bahamut, King Mog).

I remember that scene.  That's a really interesting point.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIVE. ME. REQUIREMENTS.

I need to know iLevel for Void Ark, for Islands and for 3.1 MSQ.

I refuse to get more hype until those are revealed.

Void ark ilvl req was in the preview page. 175.

That seems really low this far into the patch. I hope it's not gonna be a snoozefest two weeks after release.

GIVE. ME. REQUIREMENTS.

I need to know iLevel for Void Ark, for Islands and for 3.1 MSQ.

I refuse to get more hype until those are revealed.

Void ark ilvl req was in the preview page.  175.

That seems really low this far into the patch. I hope it's not gonna be a snoozefest two weeks after release.

Well, um...it's designed to be pugged by 24 people.  It honestly should be a snoozefest by the end of the first week.

24-man raid gear in FFXIV has always been designed and intended as bootstrap or "catch-up" gear, and has never been relevant to progression. LotA, ST, WoD... these always released after their respective "hardcore" progression 8-man raids, the gear was always behind, and the gear served as a temporary alternative to the progression-related tomestones of the time.

I would not expect Void Ark to be any different in these regards.

That said, there was an interview in which devs stated that airship exploratory missions might have a rare chance of dropping up to i210 aetherial gear, which would invalidate Alexander Savage unless the next leg of progression 8-man raiding is on the way... so who knows?

That said, there was an interview in which devs stated that airship exploratory missions might have a rare chance of dropping up to i210 aetherial gear, which would invalidate Alexander Savage unless the next leg of progression 8-man raiding is on the way... so who knows?

Ummm invalidate it except for dick wagging rights.

Which Osric lets be real, is the only reason we do it.

The Void Ark looks like it'll be pretty creepy and very atmospheric. I didn't mind running the Crystal Tower raids frequently because they looked pretty cool. I just hope there's some bonus incentives to aim for like minions and Triple Triad cards.

Can't wait for the Void Ark to enjoy the fights while simultaneously being accused of being a load and feeling further awful about my character class choices.

In Void Ark?

Anyone who would bitch at you for class choice in Void Ark is an idiot.  Don't give idiots the time of day, Steel.  It turns them into gremlins, and no one wants that.

Can't wait for the Void Ark to enjoy the fights while simultaneously being accused of being a load and feeling further awful about my character class choices.

In Void Ark?

Anyone who would bitch at you for class choice in Void Ark is an idiot.  Don't give idiots the time of day, Steel.  It turns them into gremlins, and no one wants that.

I get the feeling Steel's more talking about a certain RPCer who came into our filthy casual normal Alex run and waved around their ilevel peen turning what was fun and relaxed into 'man I wish this guy would drink a nice glass of stfu'.

I get the feeling Steel's more talking about a certain RPCer who came into our filthy casual normal Alex run and waved around their ilevel peen turning what was fun and relaxed into 'man I wish this guy would drink a nice glass of stfu'.

I would blacklist the RPer and never run anything with them ever again.

I would probably also make fun of them, but I'm a mean person.

That's why Vote To Kick was invented.

I was actually more referring to my own performance than any one anybody. I don't like to talk about people in a forum, least of all in a sideways manner.

It's a thing that's not relevant to this topic and so will change gears.

I am glad that the Void Ark has a low enough iL requirement. Means that gearing upwards for the islands stuff might not be completely awful.

There is a part of me that actually misses running 24-mans. Yes, even with the constant yelling at each other, long and annoying macros in alliance chat, tanks fighting for hate on the boss while ignoring the adds eating the healers and dps. Mostly I just want to run something with friends that isn't Expert roulette. And gearing up my alts with something besides rusty Gordian gear would be nice.

Ooh interesting.

I too hope that Ishgard doesn't fall apart too much. The whole evil in the church trope is becoming a threadbare plot twist. I love the scholasticate and soaring cathedrals of Ishgard.

I have no doubt my man crush will pull them through though.

tumblr_nr3wdx00q11sa3q78o4_540.png

Also so hyped for voidark. I have heard alot of people complaining about it, but aesthetically it's beautiful. I hope Diabollos isn't bringing back any of those door shenanigans though. :frustrated:

I hope Diabollos isn't bringing back any of those door shenanigans though. :frustrated:

Personally, I'm hoping for a series of randomly disappearing floor panels that drop into a pit of aggressive, high-level diremites...

I hope Diabollos isn't bringing back any of those door shenanigans though. :frustrated:

Personally, I'm hoping for a series of randomly disappearing floor panels that drop into a pit of aggressive,  high-level diremites...

Truly great idea. Yoshi P implement this now. And give them a snare ability while you're at it.

It's true, we raid for bragging rights.

Personally, I'm hoping for a series of randomly disappearing floor panels that drop into a pit of aggressive, high-level diremites...

DREAD MASTER TYRANS!

Disappearing floor panels are always fun~

Personally, I'm hoping for a series of randomly disappearing floor panels that drop into a pit of aggressive,  high-level diremites...

Truly great idea. Yoshi P implement this now. And give them a snare ability while you're at it.

/cough can't take credit, i blame tanaka.

[video=youtube]