Patch 3.1 trailer from the Live Letter.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6:45 was that... Solkzagyl?

Anyway... CHOO CHOO HYPE TRAIN.

EDIT: Nah, that can't be him. No moustache. He awfully looks like the Roegadyn from the End of an Era CGI, though... Mh. We see the Midlander Warrior, supposedly the Warrior of Darkness... what if he isn't the only one? Are we gonna see the Miqo'te Bard? The Elezen Black Mage? The Lalafell White Mage?

EDIT: Nah, that can't be him. No moustache. He awfully looks like the Roegadyn from the End of an Era CGI, though... Mh. We see the Midlander Warrior, supposedly the Warrior of Darkness... what if he isn't the only one? Are we gonna see the Miqo'te Bard? The Elezen Black Mage? The Lalafell White Mage?

A paladin of Darkness maybe?

Now I want to see the Dark Knight of Light though.

Now I want to see the Dark Knight of Light though.

Still that paladin would technically  be fallen.

My goodness...are we only going to have one patch...because this is like Starlight come early with the amount of content they are bringing us!  I can't decide what I am more excited for honestly, but I do know one thing...that had better not be a mortal wound that I am seeing being inflicted on Aymeric so help me Twelve, I will likely not forgive them should they do away with him no matter how many memorial shields they give me!  I am furious right now simply thinking about it...

FFXIV_PUB_Pach3.1_05.png

We see the Bard and the RoePal here.

Fernehalwes_Header.jpg

I'm a little interested. I can't tell if shading or not, the Gallant Surcoat looks like it was dyed black.

mDof8Gr.png

It looks like we are going to get a Warrior of L v Darkness thing? Or perhaps they all turned after the Calamity?? Not sure. But the 3.1 MSQ promo art/End of Era RoePal has the regular Gallant Surcoat while this one is dyed.

1:22 looks like they've improved the gold saucer to perhaps interact with DoL. Hm.

Apparently they are 1.0 mini games. Miner and Botanist ones.

V2PlrSH.png

I'm so ready for the MSQ

Anyone have slides from anything they showed during the live letter, aside from the trailer and materia changes?

English "official" update

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXV-Q-A-Update-Thread

This google doc has slides screenshots embedded but i'm looking for an album for you right now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/155Nv_fnpumdD-ucSS5wEBlo7mO-xeE8ZKXDRxjDt3YI/pub

FFXIV_PUB_Pach3.1_05.png

We see the Bard and the RoePal here.

Fernehalwes_Header.jpg

I'm a little interested. I can't tell if shading or not, the Gallant Surcoat looks like it was dyed black.

mDof8Gr.png

It looks like we are going to get a Warrior of L v Darkness thing? Or perhaps they all turned after the Calamity?? Not sure. But the 3.1 MSQ promo art/End of Era RoePal has the regular Gallant Surcoat while this one is dyed.

1:22 looks like they've improved the gold saucer to perhaps interact with DoL. Hm.

Apparently they are 1.0 mini games. Miner and Botanist ones.

Oh, I didn't see the Bard there. Well, that pretty much confirms it. There are more than one Warriors of Darkness, and they're the CG chars.

Oh, I didn't see the Bard there. Well, that pretty much confirms it. There are more than one Warriors of Darkness, and they're the CG chars.

I can't wait. The 3.1 Trailer MSQ Preview also has Derplander.

q2yKe76.jpg

Two Warrior teams? Warrior of Light (Derplanders) vs Warriors of Darkness?

Or maybe a flash back?

GONNA FUCK UP NIDHOGG I HOPE.

Also, can't wait to be KageSuave.

tumblr_nwsea6Wbac1qhf2lso1_540.gif

Yeah I am thinking Square Enix pulled a pretty crazy twist, and has had the cutscenes with derplander all be about an actual group of people, who have been having their own adventure while you have yours.

Except they have turned to darkness. If so that would be pretty amazing lol.

Yeah I am thinking Square Enix pulled a pretty crazy twist, and has had the cutscenes with derplander all be about an actual group of people, who have been having their own adventure while you have yours.

Except they have turned to darkness. If so that would be pretty amazing lol.

Thinking that quote about "Sounding just like him" a red herring?

Wow, this was quite a trailer. Really hyped for the Arboretum, it looks absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to seeing what else drops there, if there is a strong botanical theme. ("Please give leafy weapons!")

After checking the slides/captures from the Live Letter, all I can do is:

tumblr_napy3b1nAO1qepphpo1_500.gif