FFXIV Roleplay Podcast

Sylastair

So after a few PM exchanges with some members on the forum, the steam behind getting a FFXIV RP podcast up and running. We have a few basic ideas: 

• Q&A session
  • Lore Discussions
  • Guest interviews/appearances by various roleplayers 

But! We wanted to pose it to the rest of the RPC to see what you would like to see/recommend! On top of this, those who want to be involved, chime in! Experience with Podcasts? Ideas for names? This thread is to help us get this off the ground, so

I hope this goes well, Flynt! If you need a hand with anything, let me know!

Awesome, and will do! We want to get the overall content and meat and potatoes figured out as well as see what people would like to see in a podcast, so once we get that going I will let you know!

Madda extends the same hand! As a Communications major, Madda's willing to help out with things if needed!

Wooo! We are probably going to get some kind of skype group or other means of communicating down so when we do I will hit you as well as a few others up!

Having a RP calendar of sorts and discussing said RP events on said calendar perchance?

At any rate, I'd love to participate, even if it's just a guest role. When I had a shit ton more free time, I actually did a podcast for an enormous RP Guild.. elsewhere. While I can't volunteer as much time as before, I do have a shiny Blue Yeti in my closet.

Sounds like a great idea. I'd love to help, at least in creating a name. :P 

I've worked in a Podcast before, but it was a student union thing, mainly involving politics. What website are you using to host your podcast? Do you have any in mind? Who are the hosts so far? What's the schedule?

Sorry about storming in with questions like this!

This sounds like a great idea and if things work out, I would love to help out.

I can probably help with spreading the word if no other help is needed. ^_^

Any help is greatly appreciated! ^^

How coincidental for this thread to pop up now.

I just so happened to get a new fancy condenser microphone for Christmas. Pretty cheap one though, but it's much better than using a headset mic.

Such a coincidence haha! Does that mean you're interested in being a co-host?

i want to be IC interviewed.

We currently haven't discussed whether interviews will be IC or OOC, but this is an intersting idea. Could you send me a PM about what you would like to be discussed IC'ly? This is so we can discuss it further between ourselves. Thanks!

Having a RP calendar of sorts and discussing said RP events on said calendar perchance?

At any rate, I'd love to participate, even if it's just a guest role. When I had a shit ton more free time, I actually did a podcast for an enormous RP Guild.. elsewhere. While I can't volunteer as much time as before, I do have a shiny Blue Yeti in my closet.

I love this idea! We can do a segment on upcoming events, and maybe after we can give a quick report on them if any of us attended!

Sounds like a great idea. I'd love to help, at least in creating a name. :P 

I've worked in a Podcast before, but it was a student union thing, mainly involving politics. What website are you using to host your podcast? Do you have any in mind? Who are the hosts so far? What's the schedule?

Sorry about storming in with questions like this!

I'm from the same background, my podcast was in college. To answer your questions though;

-I think maybe twitch or youtube? Suggestions are welcome!

- The hosts so far and Flynt and myself (we are looking for more)

- The schedule so far in in discussion as we want to have content beforehand. Any suggestions on this are welcome?

I've thought about doing something like this for a while. Sounds interesting! Good luck!

Thank you! If you would like to participate (on the show or behind the scenes), feel free to add me on Skype!

To everyone wanting to help out or contribute ideas, please add me on Skype (same as my RPC name) or on Discord as LadyofDoma and then we can get a discussion going.

As Flynt knows I am more than happy to help in both production and hosting, as well as any mixing required for anything none live. Last month I toyed with the idea of a radio station but saw a 24 hour one as less than feasible though it gave me a chance to work through a few programs, I do have a background in audio so it ends up helping a bit. You let me know what you need and I've got it.

We talked before, but reaffirming that I'm more than game to be a guest speaker on lore topics, or do lore-checks for the shows/discussions to make sure there's a sizable amount of points in the lore we can go back and forth on. So feel free to get in contact with me any time.

How coincidental for this thread to pop up now.

I just so happened to get a new fancy condenser microphone for Christmas. Pretty cheap one though, but it's much better than using a headset mic.

Such a coincidence haha! Does that mean you're interested in being a co-host?

May just be a guest speaker of sorts rather than co-hosting due to other obligations I have. And since I'm not exactly the Sounsyy of lore, I'll stick with what I know best for games: theorycrafting, large-scale events, tournaments, etc. and how they may run in RP. OOC stuff.

As Flynt knows I am more than happy to help in both production and hosting, as well as any mixing required for anything none live. Last month I toyed with the idea of a radio station but saw a 24 hour one as less than feasible though it gave me a chance to work through a few programs, I do have a background in audio so it ends up helping a bit. You let me know what you need and I've got it.

You know it dude, going to try to get a skype group or something together (Maybe use mumble if that's easier) and get us going. PMs incoming (let me know if this doesn't get to you).

We talked before, but reaffirming that I'm more than game to be a guest speaker on lore topics, or do lore-checks for the shows/discussions to make sure there's a sizable amount of points in the lore we can go back and forth on. So feel free to get in contact with me any time.

Awesome! Yeah we are in the process of getting a PM together with all the people we talked to before in order to schedule a time to sync up and talk details about content, implementation and so on. I think what you had talked about is definitely a great addition to the podcast!

This sounds like a wonderful idea! While I haven't done too much RP having to do in-game, I've experience with forum RP and I've been RPing off and on for quite some time. So I'd like to be involved, even if it's just poking my head in the Skype group and adding my two gil here and there.

And I'll definitely be telling my FC about this; we've got a few members who will more than happily give it a listen to!

You know it dude, going to try to get a skype group or something together (Maybe use mumble if that's easier) and get us going. PMs incoming (let me know if this doesn't get to you).

Awesome! Yeah we are in the process of getting a PM together with all the people we talked to before in order to schedule a time to sync up and talk details about content, implementation and so on. I think what you had talked about is definitely a great addition to the podcast!

This sounds like a wonderful idea! While I haven't done too much RP having to do in-game, I've experience with forum RP and I've been RPing off and on for quite some time. So I'd like to be involved, even if it's just poking my head in the Skype group and adding my two gil here and there.

And I'll definitely be telling my FC about this; we've got a few members who will more than happily give it a listen to!

Skype group link!

https://join.skype.com/mtI5ABA7ptQf

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES:

Our official name is going to be RPCast, agreed on by majority vote. I hope everyone likes the small nod to the RPC. Without this coomunity we wouldn't have had the level of support that we do now, so thank you everyone.

We have worked out a shedule! Recording will occur on Sundays, and we will hopefully release new episodes on a Monday.

We have a structure to our shows, which will be roughly 1 hr long, depending on how long we talk for.

We have a tumblr blog that will contain our updates, as well as an official thread here. We'll be posting our schedule, our content updates, and updates in general. It is also one of the places that you can direct questions to.

-------------------------------------------------

Currently being discussed is the art that we will have on our feed, our logo, banners etc. Any artists willing to help out, feel free to PM me.

We are also discussing content, particularly for our first full episode. Where should we start?

Feel free to reccommend topics to us, whether they regard aspects of roleplay, or game lore.

--------------------------------------------------

We have also briefly discussed having a section dedicated to interviewing FCs, and their leaders/officers. Anyone who is interested, can you please PM me? We would really like to have some of the more popular FCs on the show to talk about their RP, how they got started etc.

Last, but certainly not least, anyone who would like to advertise their FC on the show during our inermission, please let me know.

UPDATES:

Our official name is going to be RPCast, agreed on by majority vote. I hope everyone likes the small nod to the RPC. Without this coomunity we wouldn't have had the level of support that we do now, so thank you everyone.

We have worked out a shedule! Recording will occur on Sundays, and we will hopefully release new episodes on a Monday.

We have a structure to our shows, which will be roughly 1 hr long, depending on how long we talk for.

We have a tumblr blog that will contain our updates, as well as an official thread here. We'll be posting our schedule, our content updates, and updates in general. It is also one of the places that you can direct questions to.

-------------------------------------------------

Currently being discussed is the art that we will have on our feed, our logo, banners etc. Any artists willing to help out, feel free to PM me.

We are also discussing content, particularly for our first full episode. Where should we start?

Feel free to reccommend topics to us, whether they regard aspects of roleplay, or game lore.

We have also briefly discussed having a section dedicated to interviewing FCs, and their leaders/officers. Anyone who is interested, can you please PM me? We would really like to have some of the more popular FCs on the show to talk about their RP, how they got started etc.

Last, but certainly not least, anyone who would like to advertise their FC on the show during our inermission, please let me know.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the help we've been getting and the suggestions/great ideas that have been added and thrown about, we really have an awesome team working this and I can't wait to get it going and nerd out with the rest of you! :D

I would love to help out in some manner! I've always wanted to be apart of a podcast ( sadly not subbed to the game, because I need a new machine, but I will lend my voice!)

If you have need of it.

I think probably talking about the Lore of the game, and how people can weave elements into their Roleplaying and perhaps how to keep things consistent.

(I mean do we weave the main story quest in? Are Fantasia, IC or OOC items? Au Ra explosion and roleplay? Admitedly some of these are questions that are best left to individuals but sometimes hearing others may inspire some people.