The Pokémon Thread!

I'm really happy that all you trainers are enjoying this thread. :)

I wish I had 5 iv Pokés to breed with and stuffs. ;c

Do you want anything to start with?

I was fortunate enough to get a 6iv feebas through breeding, and I kinda started using him as stock for others. Branched out into his two egg groups, then from those kids into others. I'd love to get a 6iv in each egg group, but it comes down to gambling.

But if you have a 6 iv Ditto, aren't all your worries gone?

Ahh, but getting a 6IV ditto is the challenge! I have a few with 2-3 IVs in my collection, but I tend only to use them when I have to, since I try to breed in egg moves along the way. I usually only use them at the start of the breeding process if at all.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mega Rayquaza was meant to be the ultimate (at least for now), absolutely broken Pokèmon to show what a -legendary- Pokèmon is about. Not just a rare Pokèmon, but a force to be reckoned with.

Also, it's more satisfying to beat them when they're overpowered.

Well unless you got a mega rayquaza right with them or you are pulling some sleep shenenigans, I wish you well cause that shit is not pretty in anything goes tier xD

I don't mean necessarily online. I don't even play online. I never even cared about online battles. (maybe because I just suck, but...)

I would rather have Game Freak expand on to in-game content, and make it HARD. Having to catch OP 'mons is a good start.

Ahh, but getting a 6IV ditto is the challenge! I have a few with 2-3 IVs in my collection, but I tend only to use them when I have to, since I try to breed in egg moves along the way. I usually only use them at the start of the breeding process if at all.

I'm going to admit my stupidity and say I only really just started breeding for egg moves around the time of Black/White.  I didn't really use a lot of online resources other than to read bios and remember when/how certain Pokemon evolved and just tried to get Pokemon I liked to raise up.  Then I got a couple of Pokemon with moves I was unfamiliar with them having through GTS trades and I wondered how that happened and I finally discovered the joys of egg move breeding.  

I do try to keep a decent Ditto on-hand for some things, but these days it is mostly only used to breed male-only or genderless Pokemon.  The rest of the time it sits in the box, plotting against me.

I'm going to admit my stupidity and say I only really just started breeding for egg moves around the time of Black/White.  I didn't really use a lot of online resources other than to read bios and remember when/how certain Pokemon evolved and just tried to get Pokemon I liked to raise up.  Then I got a couple of Pokemon with moves I was unfamiliar with them having through GTS trades and I wondered how that happened and I finally discovered the joys of egg move breeding.  

I do try to keep a decent Ditto on-hand for some things, but these days it is mostly only used to breed male-only or genderless Pokemon.  The rest of the time it sits in the box, plotting against me.

It's something I've gotten into recently as well, and the rules seem to change each game, so there's always something to learn. I don't usually go after specific must-have moves. I just give them moves from fathers that I have in my collection.

That's pretty much what I do with dittos. I prefer to just inbreed my pokemon with their parents over and over.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who thinks they could pick up a spare code from Gamestop for the Mew giveaway that started today?

I don't have easy access to a Gamestop (I live in the middle of nowhere, can't drive and can't seem to convince anyone to swing by even if I offer to pay them) so I keep missing out on Gamestop Pokemon giveaways.  

If nobody can, no worries!  I'm not really expecting anyone to do it since they probably won't freely give out multiple codes, or you might already be grabbing one for someone else, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  

I do think it is neat that they will be releasing a different Mythical each month this year for the current gen games.  Aside from Mew, the other giveaway I'm most looking forward to is Jirachi in April.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who thinks they could pick up a spare code from Gamestop for the Mew giveaway that started today?

I don't have easy access to a Gamestop (I live in the middle of nowhere, can't drive and can't seem to convince anyone to swing by even if I offer to pay them) so I keep missing out on Gamestop Pokemon giveaways.  

If nobody can, no worries!  I'm not really expecting anyone to do it since they probably won't freely give out multiple codes, or you might already be grabbing one for someone else, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  

I do think it is neat that they will be releasing a different Mythical each month this year for the current gen games.  Aside from Mew, the other giveaway I'm most looking forward to is Jirachi in April.

Uh I'm going today to get a Pokemon game and DS, sure I'll ask about it for you.

Don't gotta give me nothing in return, just happy to help if I can because of your living in nowhere lol

Uh I'm going today to get a Pokemon game and DS, sure I'll ask about it for you.

Don't gotta give me nothing in return, just happy to help if I can because of your living in nowhere lol

Thank you!  If you can't get it, though, no worries.  Thanks for at least trying, I appreciate it!

Thank you!  If you can't get it, though, no worries.  Thanks for at least trying, I appreciate it!

No problem, happy to help (Also I know for a fact those bastards at game stop are gonna try to offer me it as a side deal so might as well lol, they don't relent unless you walk out the door xD).

Although I still haven't managed to get Mew (and if it really is not a serial code as the sites claimed, may not be getting it at all), I'm pleased that they are splitting the rest of this year's anniversary mythical giveaways between Gamestop and Nintendo Network distribution.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen, this is apparently the lineup:

– February: Mew (GameStop)

– March: Celebi (Nintendo Network)

– April: Jirachi (Nintendo Network)

– May: Darkrai (GameStop)

– June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)

– July: Shaymin (Nintendo Network)

– August: Arceus (GameStop)

– September: Victini (Nintendo Network)

– October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)

– November: Genesect (GameStop)

– December: Meloetta (Nintendo Network)

*INTENSE QUIVERING*

You've made me a happy man.

*INTENSE QUIVERING*

More details are available on the official Anniversary area of the Pokemon site.

I'm just hoping they don't change details at the last minute and end up giving away those listed from Nintendo Network at specific locations I can't get to.

*INTENSE QUIVERING*

More details are available on the official Anniversary area of the Pokemon site.

I'm just hoping they don't change details at the last minute and end up giving away those listed from Nintendo Network at specific locations I can't get to.

Are you having trouble getting a mew? They're giving out cards with the code to download them. If you can't make it to a Gamestop, I'll see if I can pick up a spare.

Are you having trouble getting a mew? They're giving out cards with the code to download them. If you can't make it to a Gamestop, I'll see if I can pick up a spare.

I don't have a Gamestop in my area and I'm unable to drive (medical reasons), so getting to one is rare for me.  I think the last time I was at Gamestop was when Star Wars Galaxies was still around, so it has been a while.  Someone else here offered to see, but their Gamestop said they had no idea what they were talking about and some people are saying it isn't a serial code distribution.

If you end up out by one and want to check, I truly appreciate it.  If you can't, no worries.

I don't have a Gamestop in my area and I'm unable to drive (medical reasons), so getting to one is rare for me.  I think the last time I was at Gamestop was when Star Wars Galaxies was still around, so it has been a while.  Someone else here offered to see, but their Gamestop said they had no idea what they were talking about and some people are saying it isn't a serial code distribution.

If you end up out by one and want to check, I truly appreciate it.  If you can't, no worries.

Actually, now that I think about it, there is a phone number you can call to get a code. For one of the previous distributions, my local GameStop at the time ran out of cards, but gave me a phone number for Nintendo where they send you a code via email. The Nintendo number you call may give you a bit of a hard time about not going to get one physically, but I think if you describe your situation they should give you one.

• 2 weeks later...

two things:

1) I got a custom-made thing of my favorite Pokemon :D Fyrilsunn got this for me as a late Christmas present....

400x533http://i.imgur.com/LL7cOvF.png[/img]

2) there's a chain of stores in east TN called CM Games and the bigger ones have these buckets of really cheap bootleg Pokemon toys and I actually have a bunch, they're hilarious and I need to post pictures of them, but today I found this one 

tumblr_o2gf2bn2Oy1qefxa7o2_400.jpg

Most of the bootleg toys you can tell what Pokemon they're supposed to be, but honestly?? I Have no idea with this one. Tepig maybe? But he's my new favorite in my bootleg collection.

Most of the bootleg toys you can tell what Pokemon they're supposed to be, but honestly?? I Have no idea with this one. Tepig maybe? But he's my new favorite in my bootleg collection.

I love bootleg tepiplusachu

Fyril started calling it "Topeg" (or "Topag"?) so that's what we've been calling it. Tepiplusachu is so great though