The Pokémon Thread!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it rock Pokemon get their ass handed to them by basically everything.

But they're cool.

There's Rhydon, the very first Pokèmon ever created (I'll just pretend Rhyperior didn't exist).

There's Omastar, AKA Lord Helix, AKA shitlord of memes thanks to TPP.

There's Shuckle. You don't fuckle with Shuckle.

There's Tyranitar. Everyone loves Tyranitar, it might even be overrated.

There's Barbaracle, AKA "Machamp and his four arms clearly weren't hardcore enough so we try to one-up him by taking Machamp, making him an ugly barnacle, trasforming his head and legs into other arms, and adding eyes to each one of those."

Is that an Agumon in the background?

Edit: It looks like a poorly repainted Tyrantum, amusingly.

I'm pretty sure that's what he is. The sculpt is actually surprisingly detailed and I want to repaint him sometime.

uj9vueG.png

You think nail polish remover/acetone would strip the original paint off?

holy shit I just remembered I have the bootleg Deoxys

This one was actually bought from a different store than all the tiny ones I've been posting

HW03twW.png

and if you think that's funny, wait until you see the bootleg of that Deoxys that was also at that store (I didn't buy it)

JEI2XRa.png

Shuckle sucks.

/drops mic

Sounds like someone who hasn't ever had to face one.

Edit: They had to ban a whole bunch of things in the competitive community because of how unkillable Shuckle was.

Lol for real?

Edit - That damage tho

Highest defense in game, paired with DoTs like toxic, or gimmicky things like swapping his defenses for offenses. Don't underestimate the rock mold.

On an unrelated note, even X and Y, the easiest games in the series, can become hard if:

1) You play them with nuzlocke rules.

2) No EXP share.

3) No grinding.

4) You can use only normal Pokèballs.

The Team Flare arc left me only with Greninja and Yveltal, and I'm conflicted if I should use the latter or not.

Shuckle sucks.

/drops mic

Sounds like someone who hasn't ever had to face one.

Edit: They had to ban a whole bunch of things in the competitive community because of how unkillable Shuckle was.

Lol for real?

Edit - That damage tho

A Shuckle holding leftovers that knows toxic, double team and rest (fourth move doesn't matter, but I went with Sandstorm) can basically outlast anything that isn't a straight one-hit kill. Oh, and he can have Sturdy, which prevents OHKOs from killing him. Enjoy your STAB super effective moves doing like, 30-40 damage, provided they can even hit him.

Admittedly, that set-up couldn't do much against anything immune to poison, but it was incredibly resilient.

This is probably a good time to ask: I thought I had a Contrary shuckle, but I don't! Does anyone have one they'd be willing to breed for me, or let me borrow one to breed?

Why get a shuckle when you can get a metagross and iron defense the fuck outta it.

There's more to Pokemon than pseudolegendaries.