The Pokémon Thread!

Seriously though, I can't be the only person here who is absolutely crazy about Pokémon. Am I? 

This shall be the general Pokémon thread for all things Pokémon. 

Okay, so start off with it, I've got to ask. How many of you are waiting for the next core series game? I'm curious if they're going to go the Z route or the XZ YZ route. I personally prefer the latter.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH NO AN OOC THREAD I CAN ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT

I'm kinda hoping they just go with one Z. I liked gen V better than gen IV, but I didn't really finish BW2. It was an interesting idea but I'm not sure what the feedback was and whether or not they'd like to do it again.

Did somebody say... Pokemon?

TBH I don't really care where they go for the next core installment, I'm fine with either one! Though I certainly wouldn't mind having Z, so everything could be rolled into one. Who'd you guys start with in Gen 6? I broke a pretty long water-starter streak and went with Chespin, myself.

TBH I don't really care where they go for the next core installment, I'm fine with either one! Though I certainly wouldn't mind having Z, so everything could be rolled into one. Who'd you guys start with in Gen 6? I broke a pretty long water-starter streak and went with Chespin, myself.

I also went with Chespin, it and its evolutions are cuties!! Ever since gen 2 I've generally gone with the grass types, although in Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire I went with Mudkip. Treeko is probably my least favorite grass starter.

I also went with Chespin, it and its evolutions are cuties!! Ever since gen 2 I've generally gone with the grass types, although in Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire I went with Mudkip. Treeko is probably my least favorite grass starter.

Let's see, my starters have gone... Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, and finally Chespin (with Charmander as my secondary starter). Piplup is my fave starter ever, since Pearl was my first game. 

I also feel you on the disliking Treeko thing, but Snivy is even worse imo.

I'm going to go trade in all my old games tomorrow, actually, but I'm hanging onto Alpha Sapphire and my collection of Pokemans, all perfectly stored in number order.

I'm not terribly excited for a next game, but I'll probably end up playing it? I like the process of playing through a new game, leveling and growing. When it gets to endgame I just breed things and put them away, I don't really battle.

Gen 6 I started with Chespin the first time, but I think I did Froakie on a different playthrough. I usually play nuzlocke, and I'm pretty sure they both died.

Let's see, my starters have gone... Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, and finally Chespin (with Charmander as my secondary starter). Piplup is my fave starter ever, since Pearl was my first game. 

I also feel you on the disliking Treeko thing, but Snivy is even worse imo.

I was a spoiled kid (with no friends rofl) who had Red and Blue, and Gold and Silver. I got Charmander on Red and Squirtle on Blue because that felt right, but I liked Squirtle more of the two. Later on in the gen 3 remakes I picked Bulbasaur.

Gen 2... in silver I picked Meganium and I don't rightly remember what I picked in Gold, probably Cyndaquil, but I know in Crystal I picked Totodile. Gen 3 is when I started picking one, and I picked Mudkip... then Blaziken in Emerald...

Okay, actually my starters are all over the place but if you asked me to point to my favorites I'd tell you grass types. But honestly I like pretty much all Pokemon. I'll try using everything once.

And I like Snivy :< Serperior is pretty cool!

I've never done a nuzlocke on a physical cartridge... only on emulators. I just don't have the heart to.

Now that I think about it, in gen IV with the help of a friend I did a run where I used Kangaskhan as my starter and just deposited my actual starter for most of the game.

SPEAKING OF KANGASKHAN who's y'all's favorite Pokemon? Mine is... Kangaskhan. :v

SPEAKING OF KANGASKHAN who's y'all's favorite Pokemon? Mine is... Kangaskhan. :v

Were you happy with the mega?

Mine is Nidoran(m).

Heck yeah I was! She went from being the poor man's/novelty version of Tauros in gen 1, to kinda mediocre afterwards... to being literally the best mega Pokemon in the game.

I'm unhappy with how other people dislike her now for how broken she is, but it's really satisfying to me how busted they made her. I like to play in double battles where it's a little more balanced, though!

Nidoran is a cutie, one of my gen 1 favorites for sure +_+

My love for pokemon is well-known among my friends. One of them back in Maine made me a nidoran♂ eye pillow, which I just started keeping on my bed. I was stashing it in the closet saving it for the future, but decided it should be used.

dWBBIvg.jpg

Well, I usually get locked into one starter per gen. It goes like this. Me and two cousins kind of have this own Pokémon RP thing and each of our characters gets one starter per gen. And we take turns picking when new gens come out. 

Taking that into account, I had to pick, for my character, Charmander, Totodile, Treeko, Piplup, (Oh yes, me and my cousin went to pulling each others' hair out over Chimchar, but I'm the end I decided to be the responsible adult Dx) Snivy and Fennekin. 

Oh, and Shoshopu, I gotta agree with you 100%. Serperior is so dang cool looking. Him and Sceptile have to he the coolest final forms. 

I imagine they'd be really hot looking guys as humans. >///> (Like Alderique up there. Sir, you are mighty fine looking. *sage nod* )

My love for pokemon is well-known among my friends. One of them back in Maine made me a nidoran♂ eye pillow, which I just started keeping on my bed. I was stashing it in the closet saving it for the future, but decided it should be used.

dWBBIvg.jpg

D: That's cool! I wish I had some custom made Kangaskhan stuff!

I've started collecting Kangaskhan merch but a lot of it is really small/obscure and hard to find. Or on the Japanese equivalent of eBay, which I have yet to figure out.

tumblr_nzn7g8DRAA1tomq7ro1_1280.png

Not pictured is a beat up Burger King keychain I keep on my purse and a Safari Ball I found in a game store. I wanna get the 1/40 scale Zukan figures, but they tend to be expensive T_T I'm also still missing a couple of the Kids figures... There's no mega Kangaskhan figures, for some reason, which is really lame ;_; Maybe they feel like she was a mistake and want to sweep it under the rug now, haha

Pokemon merch is frustrating! I mean, it makes sense that they would sell whatever's popular, but I tend to like unpopular things. I don't like keeping plushes, but I would probably get a nidoran plush.

I wonder how popular kangaskhan is in Japan? i like her mega but never ended up using it. I'm indecisive about megas ;.;

dWBBIvg.jpg

D: That's cool! I wish I had some custom made Kangaskhan stuff!

I've started collecting Kangaskhan merch but a lot of it is really small/obscure and hard to find. Or on the Japanese equivalent of eBay, which I have yet to figure out.

tumblr_nzn7g8DRAA1tomq7ro1_1280.png

Not pictured is a beat up Burger King keychain I keep on my purse and a Safari Ball I found in a game store. I wanna get the 1/40 scale Zukan figures, but they tend to be expensive T_T I'm also still missing a couple of the Kids figures... There's no mega Kangaskhan figures, for some reason, which is really lame ;_; Maybe they feel like she was a mistake and want to sweep it under the rug now, haha

Are you kidding me? Mega Kanga is amazing! How could she possibly be a mistake? It's a mistake to even think that!

What does bother me is how a Kanga egg hatches into both mother and baby. O.o

Mega Kangaskhan was so strong and awesome, I loved it. What's everyone's favorite pokemon? If I had to pick an all-time favorite for me, it'd be Shuckle. So many battles won in Gold & Silver, and moving on into future generations, his potential offensive was so broken it was comedy. Lastly, he looks so dang cute.

i lovelovelovelovelooooove all eevees but my first evelution was a jolteon and will always have a special place in my heart. far as the games go, while i enjoyed them and own a few copies, i'll openly admit i'm a scrub player xD i dont ev train, i do horrible in matches against most players and when i was playing pearl...my play time was being entirely spent on growing berrie, making poffins, beauty pageants and breeding about 50 eevees :blush: but i started the series with yellow and red and still enjoy it even if i dont play as well as those that put more effort in (oh and pokemon puzzle league for n64 was amazing OuO)

edit cause phone hates spelling ¬_¬

i lovelovelovelovelooooove all eevees but my first evelution was a jolteon and will always have a special place in my heart. far as the games go, while i enjoyed them and own a few copies, i'll openly admit i'm  a scrub player xD i dont ev train, i do horrible in matches against most players and when i was playing pearl...my play time was being entirely spent on growing berrie, making poffins, beauty pageants and breeding about 50 eevees :blush: but i started the series with yellow and red and still enjoy it even if i dont play as well as those that put more effort in (oh and pokemon puzzle league for n64 was amazing OuO)

edit cause phone hates spelling ¬_¬

Clio senpai, you enjoy the game, that's all that really matters. :)

As for favorite Pokémon, while there's a lot, one that I'd like to point out is Togekiss. What surprised me was how cute little Togepi turned into a force to be reckoned with. 

What about favorite moves? 

I like Aura Sphere, seeing as it's the highest powered no miss move. Plus the animation is pretty cool. And the idea of projecting your aura into an attack is even cooler.

As for favorite Pokémon, while there's a lot, one that I'd like to point out is Togekiss. What surprised me was how cute little Togepi turned into a force to be reckoned with. 

Togekiss is one of my favorites, both in design and stats/moves, but a PAIN IN THE ASS to breed. Fortunately I received a 5 max EV togekiss from a Japanese person in wonder trade once, and I use him as my breeding stock if I want to try to make another.

It's also worth noting that I genuinely enjoy breeding pokemon, so if anyone needs help obtaining something they want, lemme know.

I have at least one of all the main series installments going back to the GBA games (the older games either broke or were lost when I moved, so my original Red, Yellow and Gold are all unfortunately gone), and in some cases I have both (such as Black and White, HG/SS and OR/AS) from gifts or because I had a gift card and there wasn't anything else I wanted.  I don't know many people where I live that play, and even less online, so most of my trades are through the GTS and stuff.  

I'm not the biggest fan of the spinoff games, but I absolutely positively LOVED "Pokemon Conquest" and am really hoping we will see the setting and/or the game style again in the future.

I have various collectibles scattered around the house.  Most are kids meal toys (I still have the old Burger King Pokeballs that were recalled, but I have them stashed away so no kids get ahold of them and suffocate), an Ancient Mew promo card that is one of my "luck charms" I have on me when I play any TCG, a couple of Gym Badge pins that came out with mini figures back when the series was new in the US (used to have them all, but gave them to various friend's kids) and some other things my friend's son Alex gave me on multiple Birthdays and Christmas (the little guy loves Pokemon and thinks I must be awesome because I'm the only grown up he knows that also likes it).

And because I'm a huge dork with too much free time, I even have a couple of custom characters.  I even spent the better part of three months trying to catch a legit shiny Eevee in OR to name after the main Pokemon of one character (a male Sylveon named Eon, though in the story that was not the evolution he expected).

The other character is roughly the same character, only in the setting of Pokemon ReBURST with a Burst Heart containing a Scyther (my favorite Pokemon).