Azys Lla

I'd say if your character is an adventurer-type, then go for it.

Or if you can find some reason to go, then go for it.

From a Lore perspective, people have gone. Garleans are there. The WoL wrecked shit when Thordan was there.

I'd call caution to a few things, namely, it's still an airship ride up and that's still likely highly dangerous. There are still Garleans there. And of course, 3.2 is the currently active patch, however you decide to factor it into your time line.

The thing to me is also... who knows about it, except the highest authorities? I bet the rest is mostly left to rumours and legends-that-are-apparently-maybe-not-that-much-legends...

The thing to me is also... who knows about it, except the highest authorities? I bet the rest is mostly left to rumours and legends-that-are-apparently-maybe-not-that-much-legends...

I'd feel safe making the assumption that many of the people in Idyllshire know of it. Reason: the 3.0 relic quest

Another place where thinking about the "how" of a tidbit makes less sense than just going with it. As mentioned in another thread, apparently the Warrior of Light came back from the 3.0 conclusion and just told everyone and their mother that an ancient Allagan floating continent swarming with Garlean soldiers and the Emperor were hanging out in subspace, and despite this there's no dedicated attack force, swarm of Alliance activity, or anything else that might make sense in a time of war.

Instead, the merchant sends her ex there to bang out a weapon she can't sell.

I'd feel safe making the assumption that many of the people in Idyllshire know of it. Reason: the 3.0 relic quest

60 MIN quest has you go there to get Adamantite and you casually namedrop Azys Lla to the goblin.

Also, most of the crafting quests know that there's a new vein of Adamantite somewhere.

And to further complicate the existence of the place, it's possible to unlock Heavensward and grind Miner to 60 without ever being told Azys Lla exists in the main story.

I forget, though: Do they ask you to find adamantite, or do they ask you to go to AL to find adamantite?

I had a guildie mention this the other day, I've not seen it but I was told they tell you to go to AL to get the adamantite.

That's the problem - Those of us who did it did it 6 months ago at the very least.

EDIT: I dug up the journal entry.

"Midnight Dew is willing but unable to help, as Hatchling went missing in an area of the Ruling Quarter untraveled by Idyllshire's inhabitants. However, a wandering goblin trader has been known to pass through there. He can be persuaded to help should you deliver to him three chunks of high-quality adamantite ore. This, Midnight Dew informs you, can be mined in Azys Lla - though she herself has never heard of it, and doubts it exists at all."

So, Midnight Dew is the one who informs you that Adamantite can be found there. They know of the Azys Lla name, but do not know if it actually exists. Chances are, they've confirmed it exists during MSQ.

Here's the text from the Miner quest:

As a matter of fact' date=' a scout saw a lad leggin' it towards the Rulin' Quarter not a bell past. But ever since the last 'venturer went in and never came back, we keep away from the place. We haven't even got a good sense of what's there. Only one who passes through there's the gobbie merchant. He may be able to help, but I don't know that he will... See, he's a greedy little bugger, and he'll hardly speak a word till he's gotten paid. Last time I tried to deal, he demanded choice adamantite ore. Can't give you a myth, I say. And the bastard tells me to mine it myself in “Azys Lla”─wherever or whatever that is. To be honest, I reckon he just won't treat with me. I wish I could be more helpful, lad. Here, let me ask about a bit. See if I can't find somethin' else he wants... Adamantite ore... Why's the goblin merchant so obsessed, I wonder? He said somethin' about Azys Lla, but...what is that? A thing? A place? A person?[/quote']

Pssshkoh... Uplander wants help? Then uplander gives me present of adamantite ore, very finest from Azys Lla!

I read of adamantite in book, but think it just uplander imaginings! Thank you, friend! You are good gobbiefriend! I will help find missing uplander─when I am passing through Ruling Quarter, I hear sound of feet, see man holding sword. I will guide you and your friends there.

Also from Journal text:

He can be persuaded to help should you deliver to him three chunks of high-quality adamantite ore. This' date=' Midnight Dew informs you, can be mined in Azys Lla - though she herself has never heard of it, and doubt it exists at all.[/quote']

Okay, so, what does this text tell us? Once you weed out all the fluff, the important bit is that the Goblin Trader read about the existance of Azys Lla in a book. In Idyllshire, formerly Sharlayan. Meaning, the Sharlayans either knew of or theorized at the existence of a floating island/continent potentially made by the Allagans. Not entirely so farfetched when even the Ixal know their ancestors once came from a "floating continent" they called Ayatlan. Kinda similar to Azys Lla? Anywhoozles... the goblin only knows about it because he happened to read a book that mentions it. No one else in Idyllshire seems to know a thing about Azys Lla.

NOW, when you bring back real adamantite ore, the myths, legends, make believe of a magical floating island bountiful in rich ore suddenly become less superstition and more fact. If Idyllshire is a tightknit goblin community, word likely traveled quickly around the settlement. So that might explain the knowledge of Azys Lla in Idyllshire.

Well my thoughts are you're an adventurer who originally set out for fame and glory. The WoL doesn't seem to have any reservations about telling most his stories. Tells the minstrel his stories who then sings it to the world. Any word about a mythical floating island is going to attract adventurers and thrill seekers. So unless Ishgard has some how managed to figure out a way to keep adventurers out I don't see any reason why it couldn't be visited.

Yeah, at this point at the very least with the shields down, it's reachable if your airship is good enough/fitted enough to climb that high. I imagine you'd have to be capable or bring a big group though if you want ot survive considering all the automated defense systems and Garlean soldiers. or just know how to be sneaky. It's like discovering the Americas. Someone found it, and now maps and charts are likely being redrawn or modified, with the 'here there be bad shit' warnings all around to absolve people from warning thrill seekers who are inevitably gunna die there when they go unprepared.

This is fun!

So ICly my FC has gone to Azys Lla and here was our justification:

We first ICly went through the Hinterlands and stumbled upon the library which we accepted as open because the events in the game. Inside, we found hints on how to get to Azys Lla and went through the Holy See to get there and to explore Fractal which we accessed via some fun aether hacking...my character has been researching Allag for a good portion of his life and has the goal of reviving some of their tech so he ICly knows how it works...but not to the point where he's like SUPER GENIUS GOT THIS SHIT. 

...Soooo yeah.

ICly been there...twice. We also recognized the Garlean presence there, etc.