Random Remarks

Charity322

The friendlist unable to tell you who is the (deleted) person suddenly showing. Is that so hard to tell?

Also, not really directed at the game proper, but more at the making connections thread on the RPC. Why are 90% of the folks here asking for connections, and when you reply, they never even try to reach you out ingame? Why bother asking then?

Big pet peeve of mine is also all the people trying to make connections that don't tell you they don't necessarily intend to stick around, or tell you it's an alt of them just here to gauge if it is going to be successful or not. Very annoyed at all those one time RPs for naugh, literally wasting the time of the people kindly offering to make connections.

I understand when there is actual RP, and then one or both parties decide it was ok, but not really interested to continue. I don't understand when it's people you will never see again, or barely. Or how alts with non committed people are the bane.

/vents

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat became hungry is the best resource for fishing in ffxiv. Use it for locations, times, bait, etc.

My randomness... I wonder what percentage of players on Balmung actually rp with any frequency. I've met oodles that say they are rpers, but that they never actually rp.

My Miqo'te approves of this site. xD

That's kind of weird. If you don't actually RP then you technically are not a RPer.

I am a little disappointed that the mohawk/mullet-ish-hairstyle doesn't have the sides shaved for Miqo'te and Au Ra. The patch 3.4 preview picture deceived me!

I understand why (horns and race models and pixels), but dangit, I wanted an ingame mohawk for my trashlizard. >:o

1. Want the miqo'te males to get the shaved haircut the Highlander males have with the hair on top so my friend can make her miqo.

2. I wish FF had a check-list addon because hooollllyyyy fuck there's too much to keep track of. And not like a quest objective thingy to the side. But an actual checklist

3. More NPC outfits plllleeeeeaaassseeee

4. WTB corsets

1. Want the miqo'te males to get the shaved haircut the Highlander males have with the hair on top so my friend can make her miqo.

2. I wish FF had a check-list addon because hooollllyyyy fuck there's too much to keep track of. And not like a quest objective thingy to the side. But an actual checklist

3. More NPC outfits plllleeeeeaaassseeee

4. WTB corsets

Just... give all hairstyles to all races/gender combos already. NPCs do it, why don't we >_>!

AND CORSETS YES PLS

What is Discord and how is it used for RP?

It's a voice/text chat for gamers basically. You can create different chat channels for voice/texet and invite specific people into each group.

A lot of people use it for out of game Free Company chat, and as far as RP goes, it's used the same way as Forum RP goes. Your responses just go onto a chat channel instead of in-game or a forum.

I really recommend downloading it if you have friends or an FC that use it. I myself do a lot of RP over Discord.

I find Discord extremely preferable to Skype, which is the next most comparable program of which I'm aware.

• Group chats are more robust and customisable (you can have a "group DM" or a text chat server depending on what's more applicable)
  • Group calls are more robust and customisable (group DM calls are like group Skype calls but without the every-5-second-disconnects; server calls are like Teamspeak or what have you)
  • you can still do 1-on-1 calls and the server stability seems better than Skype's in my opinion
  • Discord mgmt actually listens to their userbase when it comes to adding new features
  • The text chat interface is more customisable (this is a HUGE thing for me because I literally cannot follow conversations on Skype's current text interface)
  • they have full emoji integration come on

Promise I'm not being paid to say that. Just my onion x)

They have a web app if you wanna try that before downloading anything, but I find the desktop app easy and pleasant to use and it's basically replaced the amalgam of 58945 other second-rate IM programs I initially used to replace the Skype text chat when it became unreadable to me.

Yeah, Skype is just kind of a cluster fuck at the moment. Discord is not without it's issues to be sure, but it's just a more enjoyable program I think.

And you can set up the bots to perform various functions, like set up a "roll_1000" or whatever the command is, and much like the in-game /random it will roll for you,. making RP combat in Discord entirely possible.

*Casually visits that link and adds it to her discord FC in her main account*

That's actually very useful OMG! Also yes, I also really like discord--More than Skype now definitely! It feels more friendly and whatnot.

Omg I love kupobot. It's so cute?

And it means I can ask for the weather forecast in the zone I'm RPing in without bothering anyone to visit a skywatcher / trawling fishing sites for one that has this hour's weather on it.

Kupobot is amazing. Whenever I'm not able to be in-game, I can just use the !company command to figure out what rank our FC is currently at and give me a gauge on what I need to work on when I get home.

A nifty lil bot and I love it. :D

*Casually visits that link and adds it to her discord FC in her main account*

That's actually very useful OMG! Also yes, I also really like discord--More than Skype now definitely! It feels more friendly and whatnot.

For me, I could never use skype because it would run really slowly and actually crash my computer depending on how much I had running (I also have a pretty shitty laptop right now). Discord as a lot of options of how to access it. Very mobile-friendly and just in general, I like it much better.

For PC:

Find your XIV folder. Should be in "Documents > My Games > FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" if you're on Windows.

See these?

2fbade83fe.png

That's your appearance data. Number corresponds to save slot. Knock yourself out.

Personally I've shuffled some old appearance data I want to save but not access regularly into another folder, then renamed the files still in the regular folder so they're in an order that makes more sense than the order I created them in. But that's another matter slightly.

If you're on PlayStation IDK how to help, sorry. ;v;

• 4 weeks later...

I feel so out of place here. I LOVE the fact that there are certain things race locked. I feel that it keeps the races in game distinct, and unique. I love that only Seekers get slitted pupils, that the color palettes are different depending on your clan, that certain hairstyles are racially unique, etc... Otherwise we'd all just be a hodgepodge mess of traits with no racial/clan identities anymore!

/unpopular opinion