Random Remarks

Charity322

Surely I'm not the only one who finds random stuff to comment on about the game that doesn't deserve its own thread. xD I felt like making a thread for that purpose that anyone can post in.

To start with, as I was poking around char creation testing stuff, why do Keepers of the Moon have only gray or white skintones? Anything darker than pale as pale can be has a greyish hint to it or is outright blue/black. I wish I could use the Seeker colour palette and have a healthy tan.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that would be because Keepers are supposed to be mostly nocturnal? I don't recall exactly where I heard that, but that would explain the lack of a tan. Possibly even an inability to due to evolution? Maybe they just sunburn instead, along with their eyes not liking daylight due to those FOREVER SHOCKED pupils. o_o

I would assume that would be because Keepers are supposed to be mostly nocturnal? I don't recall exactly where I heard that, but that would explain the lack of a tan. Possibly even an inability to due to evolution? Maybe they just sunburn instead, along with their eyes not liking daylight due to those FOREVER SHOCKED pupils. o_o

Sounsyy Resources, Best Resources xD

The nocturnal among the Miqo'te have dubbed themselves the Keepers of the Moon. Shying from the garish light of day, they revel in the shroud of night, with most offering their piety to Menphina the Lover, goddess of the moon.

They are distinguishable from their diurnal cousins by their darker fur, larger ears, rounder eyes, more pronounced canines, and longer, skinnier tails. The ritual application of war paint to the face is still regularly practiced, as it is believed the vivid colors grant lunar powers.

The Keepers are known for their reticent and brooding personalities, but are also respected and sometimes feared for their tenacity.

So yeah, I'd imagine its just a nocturnal thing type of deal. I don't know how this makes remotely sense with real life logic, but hey, Eorzea!

Spent so long trying to catch one fish that I leveled twice and got the 'the fish sense that something is amiss' twice. The one single time I actually caught the right moochable fish I automatically clicked on recast. DX

Possibly, I would hate that as it would remove some of their specific, endemic traits. I like having endemic traits proper to a race, or else everything turns pretty generic. Granted, it's not yet on the level of "why not giving horns to lalafells or everyone also?", but you get the idea...?

I wonder when the trend of buttcapes will finally fall out of vogue for this game's designers. Most of the gear seems to involve some errant piece of cloth hanging around the waist and doesn't really provide a sense of visual dynamism. It's especially worse when you consider that XIV's cloth physics aren't really that great.

I'd just love to see more heavy armor options or other cloth integrations, like tabards or loincloths and the like.

Possibly, I would hate that as it would remove some of their specific, endemic traits. I like having endemic traits proper to a race, or else everything turns pretty generic. Granted, it's not yet on the level of "why not giving horns to lalafells or everyone also?", but you get the idea...?

I mean seeker eyes I'll give you that, but limbal rings are a thing all eyes have regardless.

I mean seeker eyes I'll give you that, but limbal rings are a thing all eyes have regardless.

Dunesfolk eye reflectiveness slider. From dull sheen to "you can use them to back up your car."

I've seen horns on lalafells. There's some accessory that gives them long, sloping ones.

I've seen horns on lalafells. There's some accesory that gives them long, sloping ones.

There's actually two "horn" head items. One is the succubus horns you can get for MGP from the Golden Saucer, the other is the... Ultima Horns, I think they're called... which are obtained using tokens you get from the Proto-Ultima Weapon FATE in Azys Lla.

Why are the hair colors, especially the "weird" hair color choices different for each race?? The Miqo'te are missing like two rows of blue hues that are really pretty :(

And when I wanted to make a red haired Elezen I had to settle for pinkish red, as only Hyur are allowed Auburn. DX

Yeah, my character is supposed to have very dark auburn hair.

I had to choose between light red, light brown, or black. >_>

Ended up going black with red highlights. It's closest out of the options provided, but... I'd still prefer an expanded colour wheel.

After falling down Witchdrop three times while looking for a fishing spot that I never found it occurred to me that it was a terrible place to use for executions, seeing as you could survive the fall!

You are not supposed to survive the beasts down there, even if you don't die of the fall immediately I guess? Try to fend off those crippled with your two legs broken beyond recognition...