Lore Book up on NA SE store

well fml it's next day and still 'preparing order'.

that teaches me.

edit: also this was my 666th post ayy

You bought next day delivery for when it actually ships. In December.

No, that was a typo confirmed by SE. Considering it said december of NEXT YEAR, after all. And they won't actually take your money until preparing your product to directly ship, and while I don't know about Seriphyn, my money has been successfully transferred to SE.

It originally said that the release date of the book was December of this year. The typo was that it wouldn't ship until December of next year. I know they confirmed the latter, but I wasn't aware that the had changed the former release date as well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The store is sadly infamous and notorious for sometimes not shipping things as fast as we wish it could be.

I wish I knew this before. Someone else in NA didn't pay for the expensive next day and is having theirs arrive on Friday. And mine hasn't even fucking shipped yet, still 'Preparing order'.

Grr. Once I get it, I'll be demanding a refund on the delivery cost.

Apparently a user from the official forums contacted support about the shipping status for our NA books:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308169-NA-Has-anyone-s-Encyclopaedia-Eorzea-shipped-yet?p=3901053&viewfull=1#post3901053

Granted I can't verify the validity of their statement, but this *might* shed some light as to why our books haven't shipped yet.

Did the same earlier today, actually. Tossed out a few extra bucks for faster shipping and mine still hasn't left the warehouse yet, this is what I received:

ZWnuOJ4.png

Without saying, I'll be requesting a refund for the shipping once this thing actually crawls its way out of their dungeons.

Apparently a user from the official forums contacted support about the shipping status for our NA books:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308169-NA-Has-anyone-s-Encyclopaedia-Eorzea-shipped-yet?p=3901053&viewfull=1#post3901053

Granted I can't verify the validity of their statement, but this *might* shed some light as to why our books haven't shipped yet.

Thank you!

Did the same earlier today, actually. Tossed out a few extra bucks for faster shipping and mine still hasn't left the warehouse yet, this is what I received:

ZWnuOJ4.png

Without saying, I'll be requesting a refund for the shipping once this thing actually crawls its way out of their dungeons.

Huh, this seems to be what they're saying to everyone. Two people reported the same on Duplicitous Dame's link.

It's because literally ALL of their books sold out within minutes and they immediately started making more because people are all but threatening murder if they don't get out fast enough >.>; Looking over some folks on various tumblrs and forums, it's a little scary at the amount how many people are foaming at the mouth about this. 

Threatening for refunds, spamming their support line inboxes with ire and threats because of the typos or because things aren't shipping out fast enough...

Times like these I feel bad for FF14/SE. Even if I didn't have the lore book right now, I'd still be cringing. Some of it has just gotten disgusting and it's sad how many people seem okay with it.

It's because literally ALL of their books sold out within minutes and they immediately started making more because people are all but threatening murder if they don't get out fast enough >.>; Looking over some folks on various tumblrs and forums, it's a little scary at the amount how many people are foaming at the mouth about this. 

Threatening for refunds, spamming their support line inboxes with ire and threats because of the typos or because things aren't shipping out fast enough...

Times like these I feel bad for FF14/SE. Even if I didn't have the lore book right now, I'd still be cringing. Some of it has just gotten disgusting and it's sad how many people seem okay with it.

I myself am not exactly spamming and making silly threats, but a store is a 100% customer-focused enterprise. I don't have the right to threaten them, no, but I do have the right to ask for a refund if I do not receive something as advertised. I understand the SE store is a boutique and not an Amazon-style warehouse, but not accounting for this volume of interest is not my problem, but theirs. 

I'll still be paying the base price of the book, of course, but I will request that the delivery charge be refunded, or alternatively I pay for the speed of the shipping I received.

I'm chasing the EU store books but I am pretty annoyed with myself because I had the cart up for a long time with the book just sitting in there but hesitated a lot because the shipping cost really threw me off. I decided that I'd not impulse buy and at least give myself the twenty minute drive home to decide if I still wanted it since this was just at the end of work, and sure enough, once I got home I had decided that I'd just get the book regardless and, of course, it was sold out.

Didn't really foresee that being an issue but I lament it nonetheless.

So, after having had enough I sent my own email to the Square Enix store. I received the same automated response (typo included) from Sergio. I placed my order on the 17th and have yet to receive my book. I don't even have a tracking number. Not only that, but I saw that my order status had changed from 'validated' to 'shipped' even before my ship confirmation email was sent to me (I've been religiously checking my order history for updates). To say I'm less than pleased is an understatement right now.

The book we ordered on the 17th finally shipped on Friday via UPS from Tennesse. The tracking email came several hours after the status changed on the SE store. We only paid for the cheap 5-10 day shipping, but should be here on Wednesday (4 business days after going to the shipper). My only gripe is how long it took for the order to be processed for shipping, but with the item selling out in less than 30 minutes it's not a huge surprise.

I'm thinking the order status changes to shipped once a label is done.  Not when it actually ships.  I ordered within 3 minutes of the book being up.  I got a tracking code sometime on Friday, which is, as yet, useless, as the package hasn't actually shipped, so there is nothing to track and it won't ship on the weekend.

I'm thinking the order status changes to shipped once a label is done.  Not when it actually ships.  I ordered within 3 minutes of the book being up.  I got a tracking code sometime on Friday, which is, as yet, useless, as the package hasn't actually shipped, so there is nothing to track and it won't ship on the weekend.

That is exactly how it works. The status changes to shipped once the store prints a label. Tracking information is emailed once the carrier facility takes possession of the item and updates accordingly as the location changes. Items should ship in the amount of time that you paid for, but the biggest wait with this release is the item leaving the SE warehouse.

The book we ordered on the 17th finally shipped on Friday via UPS from Tennesse. The tracking email came several hours after the status changed on the SE store.  We only paid for the cheap 5-10 day shipping, but should be here on Wednesday (4 business days after going to the shipper).  My only gripe is how long it took for the order to be processed for shipping, but with the item selling out in less than 30 minutes it's not a huge surprise.

If you get it on Wednesday, I'll be upset. Mine is due tomorrow (Monday), on the $35 next day shipping. The difference for two days is eeehhh.

Most likely you will be able to get some refund on the shipping with a normal company but SE's online fulfillment stores have always been shit since it was Digital River.

They may argue that your shipping actually was the right one if the shipping takes 2 days (because shipping is not delivery!!!11)

Meanwhile I paid for super saver on getting a lore book for someone in the area + moogle blanket + duality and the moogle blanket only good a shipping label on friday and is being delivered next friday. Plus, the Lore book hasn't even shipped yet for me and my order Date: 2016-10-17 19:04:11 Payment Date: 2016-10-17 19:04:11 (4 minutes after the hour)

(from: Square Enix Online Store via sendgrid.me

date: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:10 AM)

Most likely you will be able to get some refund on the shipping with a normal company but SE's online fulfillment stores have always been shit since it was Digital River.

They may argue that your shipping actually was the right one if the shipping takes 2 days (because shipping is not delivery!!!11)

Meanwhile I paid for super saver on getting a lore book for someone in the area + moogle blanket + duality and the moogle blanket only good a shipping label on friday and is being delivered next friday. Plus, the Lore book hasn't even shipped yet for me and my order Date: 2016-10-17 19:04:11 Payment Date: 2016-10-17 19:04:11 (4 minutes after the hour)

(from: Square Enix Online Store via sendgrid.me

date: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:10 AM)

Hm, good to know, ty. If I still get it significantly earlier than super saver folk, I guess I'll be ok.

If I had a better idea of Japanese forwarding systems and they sold these stuff through other places, I'd be up on them much faster.

I'd rather be using amazon.jp amazon.com for that matter, amiami or other sites before I used the SE store. It's honestly more of the last resort for me.

I paid for the cheapest shipping, myself, and according to the UPS tracker I'm due to get it tomorrow (well, later today, seeing as it's after 4 AM here, I've just not gone to bed yet). Local post office received it on Monday.

I'm excited because honestly I kinda stopped checking and just figured it'd be some vague time in December because I kept hearing all these different things about when it was supposed to ship. <_>

It's super lame that all the people who paid for the faster shipping didn't get it :/ Here's hoping you all can get refunds at least on the shipping cost.