[Spoilers] 3.5 Spoilers Discussions

Kage

If the primal is Ala Mhigan based and not Rhalgr, could it be King Theodoric? Ilberd didn't exactly have anything nice to say about his own people, and wanted to "liberate the homeland they don't deserve". A being like Theodoric would fit the bill if Ilberd wanted someone who'd hate the Empire and the Loyalists.

Granted, Theodoric certainly isn't a deity and nowhere near Bahamut levels of destruction, but maybe to Ilberd's eyes the person who ultimately caused Ala Mhigo to fall is worse than Bahamut.

Or maybe SE doesn't even know who the primal is and it's just being used as a plot device to justify the inevitable "BUT DO WE WANT TO BE AS BAD AS THE EMPIRE AND USE OMEGA?" moral conundrum that's gonna happen in Part 2.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Ilberd's new god is...

... himself?

Okay, but I was actually being serious here. He says he's willing to become a demon/monster/etc in order to utilize the power of the eyes, and from what I've read the other translations seem to corroborate this intent as well (in French apparently he even says 'to enjoy their power'. He's not gonna enjoy it if he's dead, so to speak). He means to turn himself into the powerful being he desires.

I like the idea of Ilberd going to Thordan himself up.

In any case, it's so silly they didn't update NPC dialogue in the Shroud. Everyone just stand there, minding their own business as usual and ignoring the giant orb in the sky. I checked Little Ala Mhigo as well, nothing changed there. Whereas I can kinda get it why they didn't do it in LAM as it still need some time to spread the news.

But c'mon, just seeing the Woodwailers go "ah yes, we stand here to keep an eye on Garleans. Nothing is happening here, WoL person." is a bit ????

1). Tupsimati still has "great power", and yet the sealing spell takes up all of the caster's aether? Well, Tupsimati's "great power" must count for utter shit, then. The way the dialogue is written, it's implied that all of the caster's aether is used up no matter what the scale of the spell is, so what is the point of this Chekhov's gun if it doesn't even seem to matter as a plot device?

Tupsimati is heavily implied to be a necessary component for casting the sealing spell. It's why Papalymo asked for it back in 3.4 after learning of the rumors that the Resistance was preparing to summon a primal.

HOPE YOU BOYS LIKE UL'DAH FOCUSED STORYLINES, BECAUSE IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

Miss me with that shit, please.

I'm... with you on that, actually. I'm mostly wondering how they're going to tuck away the fact that the Crystal Braves coup was funded by a sitting Syndicate member that seemed intended to kill the Sultana. What's the 3.0 throwaway for that not being treason, again? I mean, the Warrior of Light knows what's going on here and knows Ilberd's whole scheme was directly aided by whatshisfuck.

The Throwaway is that the member that tried to kill the Sultana is, you know, DEAD. Raubahn killed him back in the 2.55 cutscene, and the other switched the poison for a sleeping agent instead so that it made it look like she died... Which yea, that should be a crime in itself and we should carve him up as well, but makes some sense why he'd do it.

It makes the assassin believe their job is complete, makes them reveal themselves in strange ways, and ultimately got them killed removing a rival. I wish she'd just stayed dead though instead of getting this weird explanation to bring her back. Would have made Ul'dahn politics more fun as the WoL tries to convey the Sultana's last wishes.

One of the small things I thought was kind of interesting was the mention of tunnels under the wall, which means people have indeed been escaping from Ala Mhigo, if not regularly, then at least enough that there's tunnels that can be used and is known of. 

It might have been common knowledge to others, but it was something I was a bit unsure of, so that gave me a better idea of things.

You build a wall and try to make Eorzea great again, and what happens? The Mhigxicans just tunnel beneath it.

So going back to the shenanigans in Ul'dah, apparently Lolorito - who took the phrase "hostile takeover" very seriously - gave up Teledji's financial assets as well as half of his personal wealth to Nanamo for some reason or another. Monetarist plot? Royalist sympathies? Lip service to quell a potential Royalist uproar should news of Nanamo's "assassination" ever go public? Also, did anything ever come up from the revelation that the Sultansworn are on the Monetarists' payroll? Nanamo's plans to abdicate the throne and convert Ul'dah into another pig-disgusting republic?

I don't see how Rhalgr' being used as a summon and giving truth to Gaius' hypothesis is going to make the Eorzeans easy to conquer, making themselves on the level as the summoning beast tribes that the Empire has a policy of utterly destroying pretty much explains itself.

What I CAN see it doing is not only gaurantee total war between Eorzea and Garlemeld, but cause primal summoning to be considered by Eorzeans, much like what Alphinaud and Alisaie feared with Phoenix. Having Twelve gods and goddesses to pick from and a war of existence, this can all but gaurantee destruction on a Calamitous scale.

And Eldibus gets play of the game.