[Spoilers] 3.5 Spoilers Discussions

Kage

So if you don't already know, MSQ title given for 3.5 is spoiler-y TURN OFF TITLES AND DON'T EXAMINE PEOPLE IF YOU CARE ABOUT THAT

Please also consider you are visiting a thread labeled and titled for discussion of spoilers.

Saw the death flags going up 3.4. The new 3.5 title would spoil this.

Furniture was another death flag.

Also, what do you think about the spoiler-y titles? OK? Not smart? They've been sort of constant since Heavensward was released.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like how big of a spoiler that title is. They should at the very least have put in a pop up warning since a lot of people have titles turned on by default. If it was a situation where most people had to enable titles it would have been more okay, but still in the need of a warning somewhere. 

I feel sad and I want part two now.

Apparently the JP and FR titles are totally different (haven't heard anything about DE) so it does feel a tiny bit like the EN localisation team just threw all common sense out of the window because the Coil reference was "too good to miss".

No, trust me, you could've missed it. >_> The title comes across, as Teadrinker says, ham-fisted and too much like it's obviously trying to pull on people's heartstrings.

And I agree that "death" should be used with airquotes - I don't feel like we got to know him well enough for them to be killing him off for real already. If a real death comes, I think it'll be later in the expac, after a tearful reunion and some trials-by-fire undertaken together in a trio.

It's as if they went "Oh Nidhogg Slayer wasn't enough!" "Of the Silver Fuller (questionable but I know some people got mad)" let's give you -this-

JP title is not as so in your face spoiler.

Though TBH if you didn't see Papa "dying" (and there are some serious airquotes around the word dying) coming then....welp. :|

The death flags were high on it.

I'd say he's dead or we're seeing another Phoenix and I don't think we're going to see that. Moenbryda died and we didn't get to know her nearly at all.

Apparently the JP and FR titles are totally different (haven't heard anything about DE) so it does feel a tiny bit like the EN localisation team just threw all common sense out of the window because the Coil reference was "too good to miss".

No, trust me, you could've missed it. >_> The title comes across, as Teadrinker says, ham-fisted and too much like it's obviously trying to pull on people's heartstrings.

And I agree that "death" should be used with airquotes - I don't feel like we got to know him well enough for them to be killing him off for real already. If a real death comes, I think it'll be later in the expac, after a tearful reunion and some trials-by-fire undertaken together in a trio.

I will check the DE title after this Dun Scaith xD

The sense I got was that Papalymo was "dead" the way Louisoix was "dead"...and that maybe he'll now be a shade-thing wandering around in the new moon, that we'll eventually have to fight for tears and sads. I think it was Yda who said, "he knows what that spell entails"...so I kind of got the sense it was more/worse than death.

Still, I was pretty impressed with the storyline so far. I'm REALLY interested to see how Garlemald reacts to all this. I felt they communicated the empire's power really well with the spider scene...it helped remind us that they're terrifying, and they're huge for a reason (Garlemald, I mean, but also spiders).

On the topic of hamfistedness... >.< I'm still facepalming that Ishgard both a: apparently feels bad for being isolationist, and B: hasn't even recovered from the Dragonsong War but is now loyally marching off to defend their new best friends. I expected it, and I'm sure they have to do it for gameplay reasons, but oy.

Scholasticate was a giant fucking waste of time filled with fucking plot holes.

Whoever wrote that needs to SERIOUSLY reconsider doing that kind of questline for Stormblood. We learn absolutely nothing that couldn't have been done in a cutscene with Ser Aylmao, it makes the WoL look like a complete fucking chump because you can see whodunnit the SECOND he flashes that fucking smile and it takes Briardien swooping in at the last fucking minute to expose the culprit.

And more importantly: IT'S SPOILED IN THE FUCKING QUEST TITLE.

I'm so over Ishgard completely due to this writing. I'm 90% sure Ala Mhigo is going to end up the same. But at least we still get to be extremist assholes for a while.

I just don't see how they're going to resolve this in a satisfactory way. You guys summon a primal and kill a Scion, impersonate Grand Comapnies to start a war but NO WORRIES GUYS WELCOME TO THE ALLIANCE.

I'm already cringing at Stormblood tbh they wrote themselves into a hole and SE really doesn't have a track record of resolving conflict on a satisfactory level. I expect everyone to just have meeting in "Contrived Land" where they all get the hell over it and make the Eorzean Alliance great again. :dodgy:

Yeah, so I don't like the MSQ lol.

So way prior to Heavensward even being announced, I was involved in some RP arcs that revolved around some people utilizing dragon eyes to gain power that ultimately was corrupt as all hell.

Before Heavensward launched I was involved in an RP arc revolving around someone with a grudge against Eorzea instigating false-flag attacks on Garlemald holdings with people wearing fake GC uniforms, hoping to kickstart the war effort.

Guys I'm afraid to RP things now.

MSQ punched me right in the feels. From Answers creeping in to Papa having the same expression as the light took him, the whole thing was like being dropping right back into the debut of the ARR trailer. There may or may not have been someone chopping onions in the house at the time.

Griffin's voice actor is terrible.

"I'll tear you limb from limb."

repeat ad nauseum.

I just don't see how they're going to resolve this in a satisfactory way. You guys summon a primal and kill a Scion, impersonate Grand Comapnies to start a war but NO WORRIES GUYS WELCOME TO THE ALLIANCE.

Already, why nobody just slaughtered the bastards is beyond me. Especially Gridania, who are known to be racist bastards AND have a genuine reason to do so (didn't Mhigo attack like 50-100 years prior?) Shit I might cheer for the garleans now!

Also, EORZEANS ATTACKED A FUCKING CASTRUM IN ARR, COCKBLOCKED THE EMPEROR IN HW AND NOW, JUST FUCKING NOW GARLEMALD THINKS "HM MAYBE WE LET THEM LIVE TOO LONG!?"

Hey guys, it's probably not Rhalgr even if the English version wants to make us believe it.

Have shitty Google Translate translations because I'm lazy

German

Ilberd: With the cry of those whom no one will hear! With the longing of those who do not fear death! With our despair and our abysmal hatred for Garlear, I call a new God! A God who does not need begging prayers!

Papalymo: A God who does not need prayers?

Alphinaud: You want to fight the Garlear with a Primae? Do not be a fool, Ilberd! You know you'll pay dearly for it!

Ilberd: Not with "one" Primae ... With an Urgewalt, stronger than all Primae! Stronger than the power of the black monster which evoked the all-devouring catastrophe!

Fighter of the Grinding Stream: How could we be so foolish? Nobody ... defeat the Garlear ...

Fighter of the Grinding Stream: No Power ... from this World ...

Papalymo: The incantation is complete ... The Primae or whatever will appear at any moment ...

French

Ilberd: If a human can not resist the power of these Eyes, then I am ready to turn myself into a monster to enjoy their power! Let them shred my flesh, let them drink of my blood, and devour my bruised heart.

Alphinaud: What do you intend to do !?

Ilberd: The heartbreaking lament of despair ... Hatred towards the Empire ... The desire for power ... These pure feelings and fervent supplications before the certainty of death will allow me to call A new god freed from all dogma!

Papalymo: A new god ... freed from all dogma !?

Alphinaud: Do not be stupid, Ilberd! You know very well that you will never be able to overcome the Empire even with the power of a Primordial!

Ilberd: That's right ... And that's why I have to invoke a Primordial even more powerful than the great dragon that caused the seventh plague!

And Sounsyy talked with someone who told them that they speak of this in Japanese "a new god that is not based in faith"

"The others need to learn of what happened here."

1) We're fucking idiots.

2) We seriously need to start ACTUALLY KILLING OUR ENEMIES AFTER WE DEFEAT THEM.

3) Don't worry Papalymo's not dead we'll just have to kill his spirit one day.

4) Don't throw artefacts of immense power into depths and hope that solves it.

Anyone has anything more to add as advice for the Scions/Warrior of Light?

If we follow Heavensward writing as the example and just to brown some pants, here is what I predict for Ala Mhigo in Stormblood:

-Owing to a long heritage based around violence, the Fist of Rhalgr becomes the Palm of Rhalgr wherein monks become almost entirely pacifistic beyond "defending the weak and innocent".

-Shadow Sect and Light Sect seamlessly merge together with no conflict or disagreement.

-Widargelt either becomes king with no conflict and starts a golden age, or doesn't become king and Ala Mhigo still has a golden age.

-The Garleans fail to be relevant or interesting in an expansion centred around fighting them to liberate a nation, because ASCIANS.

If we follow Heavensward writing as the example and just to brown some pants, here is what I predict for Ala Mhigo in Stormblood:

-Owing to a long heritage based around violence, the Fist of Rhalgr becomes the Palm of Rhalgr wherein monks become almost entirely pacifistic beyond "defending the weak and innocent".

-Shadow Sect and Light Sect seamlessly merge together with no conflict or disagreement.

-Widargelt either becomes king with no conflict and starts a golden age, or doesn't become king and Ala Mhigo still has a golden age.

-The Garleans fail to be relevant or interesting in an expansion centred around fighting them to liberate a nation, because ASCIANS.

Add in some cringy shit about Yda spawning braincells to become super Ala Mhigan princess magical girl to avenge Papa-senpai.

How this chick is an Archon is just utterly BEYOND me.

giphy.gif

Don't even remind me of defendurps of the weak *^_^* bullshit they are going to pull off.

Add in some cringy shit about Yda spawning braincells to become super Ala Mhigan princess magical girl to avenge Papa-senpai.

How this chick is an Archon is just utterly BEYOND me.

A hairstyle change is all that's needed to completely shift your attitude and personality. You'd get a nice wombo combo with a wardrobe change too. This is all according to my Chinese cartoons.