Blood on the Sands Episodic rp event (Rules for Event 2 in first post)

I could have certain someone send Merc Jin'li's way... she knows Merc has been getting restless...

Oh, I /wonder/ who that could be. Definitely not a certain hyuran woman. I wonder if she knows anything about his recent life events.

That could make for some lovely RP.

This is now Kage's cue to cry in a fetal position.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have certain someone send Merc Jin'li's way... she knows Merc has been getting restless...

Oh, I /wonder/ who that could be. Definitely not a certain hyuran woman. I wonder if she knows anything about his recent life events.

That could make for some lovely RP.

This is now Kage's cue to cry in a fetal position.

I believe there's a phrase, "your tears are delicious" that could be used here, but I wouldn't know. Merc doesn't eat people. And by extension, drink their tears.

Maybe if Kage gives him a helpless kitten face, he'll melt.

*whistles*

So when does one Haruko Kokojo usually get on?~ :P

This weekend when her player isn't held hostage by graveyard shift at LAX. Sleep through the day, work at night. :dazed:

*whistles*

So when does one Haruko Kokojo usually get on?~ :P

This weekend when her player isn't held hostage by graveyard shift at LAX. Sleep through the day, work at night. :dazed:

T___T *patpat* Will do o7 Kage is free to pursue this. Well, free and ordered to but he's happy to do it.

((Ossy we miss you.  :cry: And you say -my- job has rough hours. ))

Okay quick little update:

1) Working on combat rules still, not sure when they will be done but there will be an overhaul for simplicities sake, should work better...hope so anyhow. lol :D

2) To all who are working for/ hired by/ enslaved by Jin'li for the baddie side, I'm going to have our side try to meet at the Coffer and Coffin by 8:30 CST to give us thirty minutes to get ready and have everyone filled in OOC'ly and then we'll go marching up to just outside the Gate of Nald, where the epic stand off will happen...hopefully.  Osric has offered to lead the baddies outside the city while Jin'li does other things so he and Kahn'a will be in charge OOC and IC'ly for this event.

3) (I need to get meeting location from Kahn'a where he wants his side to meet and will edit accordingly)

4) I'm looking forward to this! :D

5)  I'll have more stuff soonish, questions or constructive comments always appreciated.

So much catching up! Cant wait to get my old schedule at the hospital back so I can go back to rping every night again. You guys are having way to much fun.

Also I have a picture for Judge Roen, if only her hair was a bit pinker.

aQllP_nnM0sdMG6dYIphTSsHfs29RxXDn_vjhQ3MhNA=w186-h341-no

....I must be the only one who has no idea what this judging thing is.

At this rate, there's soon to be more bad guys than good guys, intentional or not!

*knocks on wood*

Don't jynx it! Lol.:P

Also tonight after work, will be posting an update/ scheduale for event tommorow. Hope everyone excited. As always, should there be any hiccups tommorow during event, please roll with them. We can't predict everything after all. Lol. :D

At this rate, there's soon to be more bad guys than good guys, intentional or not!

*knocks on wood*

Don't jynx it! Lol.:P

Also tonight after work, will be posting an update/ scheduale for event tommorow. Hope everyone excited. As always, should there be any hiccups tommorow during event, please roll with them. We can't predict everything after all. Lol. :D

:evil:

Warning, DBZ Team Four Star Abridged spoilers.

[video=youtube]

((The event will start at nine CDT.  For event, both teams will begin meeting with their respective leaders.  The villians will meet with Osric at the 'Coffer and Coffin starting at eight or eight thirty. Heroes will meet Kahn'a at the Flames Hall.  At nine, an explosion will go off outside the city of Nald and the heroes will rush to see what happened and rp from there.  There will be two parts of this event.  The major portion of this event be taking place outside of the Gate of Nald starting at nine.  Jin'li and a small group will be slinking around inside the city trying to accomplish something.  At this time, no one knows Jin'li will be doing this.  Should you desire to hunt down Jin'li instead of meeting Osric outside the city gate, we request that you turn name plates off and hunt for him and his group via identifying him that way to represent actually hunting him down in the streets.))

((Update on combat rules.  Please read over for event.  Any last minute thoughts are appreciated if they are designed to make combat smoother.))

For combat we are tweaking the system slightly, in an attempt to make things run smoother. combatants will form parties with those they are engaged in combat with directly and all combat will take place in group chat between direct fighters to avoid cluttering up the entire chat window with tons of emotes going off at once and making it difficult to find the person attacking or defending against you.

There are two categories of fights for these events “1v1”  And “Groups.” 

Again, this all takes place in party chat.

If a fight is one versus one, both players have 3 hp and combat proceeds exactly as described below.

Combat will take place as a back-and-forth. Baddies always go first, making their attack (or attacks, if multiple attackers).  To see if your attack hits, we will be using rollz.org and using 1D6 rolls for combat. Combat will be based on dice rolls with Attacker and defender trying to roll higher than the other.  In the event of a tie, it counts as a successful block or the defender.  When attacking,  you will post how you want to attack and roll the dice, adding the dice roll to the post:  Ex:

-Tom rolls his dice and then posts in game : Adin draws his sword and lunges forward, trying to impale his foe with the pointy end.  (( rolled 4))

It's important that your post says what you're trying to do, not that you hit, because the defender will roll and then post what happens.  Ex:

- Ali rolls her dice and gets a five.  Since the result is higher,she takes no damage.  Ali posts: Meera steps to the side and avoids the attack, grinning. ((Rolled 5))

Now that Tom's attack is resolved, it is Ali's turn to attack. 

However, in the likely situation of three attackers against one or two opponents, we will use the following rules:

A party will be formed with up to three combatants on each side for up to a total of six party members, no more, and will function like something akin to Magic the Gathering.  No one else may participate in this fight until one side or the other is defeated.  Each side has a total of nine hp that may be split among the members of a side evenly based on number of players on the side.  The baddies will go first, and will make all three of their attacks first.  Once all three attacks are complete, we will shift to the heroes making their three attacks.  Once their attacks are resolve, we will switch back to the villains and combat proceeds until on side is defeated. 

1 player = 9 hp, 2 players on a side= one has 4 hp, the other 5 hp,  3 players = 3 hp each.  Each side will also have a totally of three attacks that are split evenly.  1 player= 3 attacks. 2 players = one player gets 1 attacks, the other player gets two.  3 players = one attack each. 

This system is designed to put an outnumbered side on equal footing against superior forces since it is very possible one side might outnumber the other.

Should a player want to come as a healer, they are welcome to do so.  They will have to join a party as a combatant.  All healers have a pool of two heals for the whole event.  Once a healer has healed twice, they are out of heals and may attack normally.  A player heals by, instead of attacking for a turn, choosing an ally or themselves and healing 1 hp automatically.  He have limited the pool to two heals to prevent heals dragging out fights.  In between heals, the healers will act as direct combatants like other players.

((The event will start at nine CDT.  For event, both teams will begin meeting with their respective leaders.  The villians will meet with Osric at the 'Coffer and Coffin starting at eight or eight thirty. Heroes will meet Kahn'a at the Flames Hall.  At nine, an explosion will go off outside the city of Nald and the heroes will rush to see what happened and rp from there.  There will be two parts of this event.  The major portion of this event be taking place outside of the Gate of Nald starting at nine.  Jin'li and a small group will be slinking around inside the city trying to accomplish something.  At this time, no one knows Jin'li will be doing this.  Should you desire to hunt down Jin'li instead of meeting Osric outside the city gate, we request that you turn name plates off and hunt for him and his group via identifying him that way to represent actually hunting him down in the streets.))

((Update on combat rules.  Please read over for event.  Any last minute thoughts are appreciated if they are designed to make combat smoother.))

For combat we are tweaking the system slightly, in an attempt to make things run smoother. combatants will form parties with those they are engaged in combat with directly and all combat will take place in group chat between direct fighters to avoid cluttering up the entire chat window with tons of emotes going off at once and making it difficult to find the person attacking or defending against you.

There are two categories of fights for these events “1v1”  And “Groups.” 

Again, this all takes place in party chat.

If a fight is one versus one, both players have 3 hp and combat proceeds exactly as described below.

Combat will take place as a back-and-forth. Baddies always go first, making their attack (or attacks, if multiple attackers).  To see if your attack hits, we will be using rollz.org and using 1D6 rolls for combat. Combat will be based on dice rolls with Attacker and defender trying to roll higher than the other.  In the event of a tie, it counts as a successful block or the defender.  When attacking,  you will post how you want to attack and roll the dice, adding the dice roll to the post:  Ex:

-Tom rolls his dice and then posts in game : Adin draws his sword and lunges forward, trying to impale his foe with the pointy end.  (( rolled 4))

It's important that your post says what you're trying to do, not that you hit, because the defender will roll and then post what happens.  Ex:

- Ali rolls her dice and gets a five.  Since the result is higher,she takes no damage.  Ali posts: Meera steps to the side and avoids the attack, grinning. ((Rolled 5))

Now that Tom's attack is resolved, it is Ali's turn to attack. 

However, in the likely situation of three attackers against one or two opponents, we will use the following rules:

A party will be formed with up to three combatants on each side for up to a total of six party members, no more, and will function like something akin to Magic the Gathering.  No one else may participate in this fight until one side or the other is defeated.  Each side has a total of nine hp that may be split among the members of a side evenly based on number of players on the side.  The baddies will go first, and will make all three of their attacks first.  Once all three attacks are complete, we will shift to the heroes making their three attacks.  Once their attacks are resolve, we will switch back to the villains and combat proceeds until on side is defeated. 

1 player = 9 hp, 2 players on a side= one has 4 hp, the other 5 hp,  3 players = 3 hp each.  Each side will also have a totally of three attacks that are split evenly.  1 player= 3 attacks. 2 players = one player gets 1 attacks, the other player gets two.  3 players = one attack each. 

This system is designed to put an outnumbered side on equal footing against superior forces since it is very possible one side might outnumber the other.

Should a player want to come as a healer, they are welcome to do so.  They will have to join a party as a combatant.  All healers have a pool of two heals for the whole event.  Once a healer has healed twice, they are out of heals and may attack normally.  A player heals by, instead of attacking for a turn, choosing an ally or themselves and healing 1 hp automatically.  He have limited the pool to two heals to prevent heals dragging out fights.  In between heals, the healers will act as direct combatants like other players.

Mind if a Sultansworn joins the party? I'll be on Askier. I love showing his brutality along with his over-protectiveness.

Mind if a Sultansworn joins the party? I'll be on Askier. I love showing his brutality along with his over-protectiveness.

You want to be on Askiers side right? Not on him... :angel:

See, now I'm confused. Askier is going to be playing Jin'li for this event, not Askier. Erik is an Ul'dah defender, so he can't mean being on Jin'li's side...........

I also know Erik is not "into" Miqo'te men. However, he did mention that he is a "Two Sided Man." ;)

Or maybe he means hes going to attack Askier. But Askier is a "good guy" now. Jin'li is the one he needs to attack.....

Someone halp me solve the Erik riddle!

:frustrated:

You want to be on Askiers side right? Not on him... :angel:

See, now I'm confused. Askier is going to be playing Jin'li for this event, not Askier. Erik is an Ul'dah defender, so he can't mean being on Jin'li's side...........

I also know Erik is not "into" Miqo'te men. However, he did mention that he is a "Two Sided Man." ;)

Or maybe he means hes going to attack Askier. But Askier is a "good guy" now. Jin'li is the one he needs to attack.....

Someone halp me solve the Erik riddle!

:frustrated:

Kiht... I think you just over thought that waaaaay to much. :lol:

I guess it's a good thing that someone told Kage to meet with Kahn'a (who Kage only really met in passing and mostly forgot who he was) and he's looking for the Flame Kokojo~ 

@_@

You'd better find him you goof!  The Hero of Ul'Dah is needed once more! ^^