The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post)

Mine will be as well. I'm sure it will be fine, but if it not then Steel and Aris can be late to the party together. :P

Haven't got her dress or hair sorted though, I'm not sure what to put her in. D:

Yay! ^^ Fashionably late, indeed.

Speaking of fashion...don't wanna put any undue pressure on you but you wanna get your shopping done soon! :o

I'd totally offer to go shopping with you at this point, but...there's no place like that that exists. :c

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the first page finally with the names of all the Religious hosting. I will list up the entertainers also soon. Sorry to anyone I haven't gotten back to yet, rl is being a butt, I will get to you. Also I will be setting up a temp LS for all the host and entertainers that will be disbanded after the Ball. I also plan to set up a meeting next week between the staff and myself to go over the last minute details. So bare with me please I will be away from town for the next two days but will be on rpc while away.

Thanks for the interest, we will not let you all down.

A quick update,

I will hold a meeting/meetings with all who will be helping with this event, religious and entertainers. The meeting/meetings will be brief, long enough to give you a Starlight Ball LS so we can better organize.

The meetings are basically when you see me. We can hash out stuff over the LS easier then setting a time. So look for me and I will look for you.

Wanted to ask what the NPC atmosphere will be like at the Ball.

I've heard some people talking about attacking others at the Ball and in my imagination I see a ton of well dressed guards and considering the event is being held at a sanctum it's kind of sacred land that would kind of nullify it on an aether level?

Still looking forward to this event.

My understanding is that there is to be no roughhousing, no attacks, no bomb threats or explosions, etc. at this event. My understanding is also that one of the various reasons this venue was chosen was specifically to discourage this sort of thing.

It's the Starlight Ball. It's a social function. It's for folks to relax and get together and hang out and meet new people and catch up with old friends and dance and sing and praise the Twelve and so on and so forth. I hope I speak of behalf of Erik when I ask attendees to please refrain from spoiling the festivities. If you've got grievances with other PCs who'll be attending, please either save them for after the event, or take them outside the Sanctum. You can work your stuff out in private. Likewise for anyone running their own plots, personal or FC, that might have violent outbursts coinciding with this event.

Tensions are fine. You want to glare at someone all night, or speak in rough, whispered, agitated tones together, be our guest. Fair warning, though: if you insist on disturbing the peace, and on sacred ground no less, be prepared for me coming down on you with all the merciless god modding required to set the event back on track. And yes, that will include NPCs.

EDIT: As an addendum, if we should be so unfortunate as to receive any of the usual trolls (generally PvE players who look down on and mock roleplaying), a notice will go out in /yell identifying the individual to be temporarily blacklisted for the sake of avoiding chat spam.

Tensions are fine. You want to glare at someone all night, or speak in rough, whispered, agitated tones together, be our guest. Fair warning, though: if you insist on disturbing the peace, and on sacred ground no less, be prepared for me coming down on you with all the merciless god modding required to set the event back on track. And yes, that will include NPCs.

Lovely. 

If anything it'll be a lot of fun to politely insult people under the guise of a compliment and formal chatter.

Such searingly delicious ^_^ lalalalala

Steel has a dress.  And new hairs.  And lovely people to arrive with.  Now I just need (well, want) to power through these last three levels to 50 and I am READY TO BALL!

Nowhere near level 50... *sniffle* 

This sounds like so much fun though. If Avis shows, she'll be in pumpkin mage gear... that's the most presentable outfit she's got.. :(

This sounds like so much fun though. If Avis shows, she'll be in pumpkin mage gear... that's the most presentable outfit she's got.. :(

AVIS!!

I WILL FIND YOU!!

AND I WILL HUG THE OUTTA YOUR FACE! <3

AVIS!!

I WILL FIND YOU!!

AND I WILL HUG THE OUTTA YOUR FACE! <3

Dammit Gran-Momma, you're the sweetest person alive :love: looking forward to the, um, reunion!

Someone just pointed this out to me last night as I was talking about the Ball.

The Sanctum of Twelve is where the Eternal Bonding ceremony is at. While I haven't taken a gander there myself to verify, I was told that it is constantly crowded, lots of people running back and forth and many just standing around near the chapel afk. There will likely be plenty of non-roleplayers about and maybe even chat in say between those people just hangin around. Or spams of standard emotes between those waiting.

I would love for this Ball to be as exclusive to RPers as much as possible, but I don't know that this venue will allow that.

Just a thought.

Dawned on me this week as well. I'm hoping the crowds stick to the gateway where the quest starts and less in the courtyard itself. That said, it can easily go a couple of ways:

Idlers idle and no one cares.

Dorks getting married find an event they can be all spousey at

Trolls overhear and bring an FC to rain on everything.

My advice is to remain optimistic (It's a sunday evening in the US) and keep those blocklists revved up just in case.

Sadly, the venue for the Ball was chosen and announced quite a while before the venue for the Eternal Bond ceremonies was. Damn you, Square-Enix! *shakes fist*

Going to second Warren's advice here. I don't think the situation makes this event untenable at the chosen venue, but we'll play it by ear, I think. And yes, make sure your blacklists have room, I'm sure the event will feature at least one ignoramus.

I should specify that that just now was a royal "we". Not sure if I'll be taking my laptop with me on xmas vacation, so not sure now if I'll be in attendance. I expect that the Red Wings will be looking to enforce Godmod-imposed peace and tranquility in my stead. Behave, trolls.

I'm super-upset right meow. ;_;

My work schedule completely shifted on me and now I'm working noon to 8pm EST on Sundays and Mondays. I'm gonna be so late for this Ball. And I've been so looking forward to it!! >.<+

If anyone was going to wait, don't. I'm gonna be probably arriving as things wind down.

So upset.

My understanding is that there is to be no roughhousing, no attacks, no bomb threats or explosions, etc. at this event. 

Then how on earth will it be fun at all? :P

Seriously though I'm just sad I will be unable to attend this function. The last ball was awesome.

Steel has a dress.  And new hairs.  And lovely people to arrive with.  Now I just need (well, want) to power through these last three levels to 50 and I am READY TO BALL!

I wouldn't worry about being lv50 to be honest. I think it's more weird to see a woman attend a well... not-her-wedding in a wedding dress <_<; ... I've seen screenshots of weddings so far and was kind of baffled by the amounts of guests wearing those at their friend's wedding too. Don't people know it's rude to wear something fancier/as fancy as the spouse?

But yeah, go with ordinary dresses peeps, stay classy.

Yes, this event is tomorrow, on the 21st, and starts at 6 pm EASTERN time and will last until midnight Eastern. At least this is what I've understood from the first post and it will be at the Sanctum of the Twelve in the East Shroud. :D