The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite that it may seem unorganized, and how crowded it may have been while there was a wedding too during the ball - the event was successful in my personal opinion. There were about two hundred who visited and attending this event. It's going to be messy as 5-6 staffs are trying to manage that many people with huge chat scroll spams.

I had fun, all aside from OOC drama with some metagaming and other fiascos. I met some characters who were new and who were old - and it was something to kill two hours of my time.

Very well done, Erik.

that many people with huge chat scroll spams.

Oh god the chat scrolls. I had the text box pulled up as high as it could go and I was still skimming to make sure I didn't miss anything. And so help me if I saw someone wearing something interesting and spending time to look. That meant a good few frantic seconds of scrolling afterwards to see that post I TOTALLY MUST'VE MISSED. :dazed:

Fortunately, everyone was having that problem, so it balanced out since those folks I was RPing with were usually doing the same. :blush:

I confess, I ended up being a bit too nervous to chat to anyone, but the singing put a smile on my face, and it was awesome to see so many friendly people there and dressed up. I lurked for a while and thoroughly enjoyed reading some of the conversations. :P

Very well done! Thank you to you and the team for putting it on. Hopefully there'll be another next year. :)

Had a lovely time. The chat box was beaten up pretty horrifically and made conversations a bit...challenging...but I saw a Gegenji, a Warren, danced with AltZarek's lovely mate and had a great conversation with the two, awkwardly hugged an Avis and spoke briefly with A'zireena.

Most of the time it was great just seeing all the lovely clothes and being the tallest and prettiest (read: only) FemRoe in the entire ball. <3

Looking forward to the next event! Maybe this time Steel'll snag a date to drag along bring. :3

Had a lovely time. The chat box was beaten up pretty horrifically and made conversations a bit...challenging...but I saw a Gegenji, a Warren, danced with AltZarek's lovely mate and had a great conversation with the two, awkwardly hugged an Avis and spoke briefly with A'zireena.

Most of the time it was great just seeing all the lovely clothes and being the tallest and prettiest (read: only) FemRoe in the entire ball. <3

Looking forward to the next event! Maybe this time Steel'll snag a date to drag along bring. :3

I liked that blue trim on the dress! Good use of the dye!

It was really fun! Thank you Erik and the Red Wings for organizing this!

I will confess I was pretty overwhelmed by the rapid scrolling at some points. I apologize to those who sent me tells and my response was either short or never followed up on!

Everyone looked so lovely and the atmosphere and venue was great! (I heard I missed some trolling chaos early though)

I only wished that I could read and type faster and interact with more people as I had hoped. Still. It was a great event!

It was a lot of fun! Thank you!

Got to cause a little mischief which is always interesting ^.^ I did find myself a little bit stuck without a date though, but then again it encouraged me to go and make few friends so Thanks! 

Looking forward to future events~

I went to the Starlight Ball and all I got was this lalafell-sized knife in my back >:(((

Got to cause a little mischief which is always interesting ^.^ I did find myself a little bit stuck without a date though, but then again it encouraged me to go and make few friends so Thanks! 

I went to the Starlight Ball and all I got was this lalafell-sized knife in my back >:(((

Good to see the tradition was maintained!

I'm glad it went over well. I wasn't able to go (well, C *wouldn't*, all things considering), but it looks like it was fun.

I confess, I ended up being a bit too nervous to chat to anyone, but the singing put a smile on my face, and it was awesome to see so many friendly people there and dressed up. I lurked for a while and thoroughly enjoyed reading some of the conversations. :P

Very well done! Thank you to you and the team for putting it on. Hopefully there'll be another next year. :)

There will be and he also has another ball coming up in a few months if I can remember rightly. Just come find me then and we'll chat for awhile c:

I wouldn't know anything about that... *cough* So! Nice weather we're umm.. having..:angel::angel:

Fortunately' date=' [i']everyone[/i] was having that problem, so it balanced out since those folks I was RPing with were usually doing the same. :blush:

I know I was!

Thanks for hosting the event Erik and Company. Jana got to do something she really doesn't get to, act a little nosy and make some new friends along the way, so I had a lot of fun RPing it all out!

My car blew up so I missed it! (not kidding, it started smoking. We had to buy a new one)

I'm not sure if I was more upset over the lack of car or the lack of Ball :(

Augh, I know that feeling. My new year started with my '98 RAV4 breaking down in the parking lot. Some bar or something in the engine block that should've been replaced sometime before I got it used hadn't been... and basically made the thing worthless.

I got a nice new '13 RAV4 out of it, though.

... Which immediately needed its windshield replaced when a car in front of me kicked up a rock that put an unfixable crack in the top left of it. :frustrated:

Hope you got yourself a nice new car. And there'll always be more social events!

My car blew up so I missed it! (not kidding, it started smoking. We had to buy a new one)

I'm not sure if I was more upset over the lack of car or the lack of Ball :(

Augh, I know that feeling. My new year started with my '98 RAV4 breaking down in the parking lot. Some bar or something in the engine block that should've been replaced sometime before I got it used hadn't been... and basically made the thing worthless.

I got a nice new '13 RAV4 out of it, though.

... Which immediately needed its windshield replaced when a car in front of me kicked up a rock that put an unfixable crack in the top left of it. :frustrated:

Hope you got yourself a nice new car. And there'll always be more social events!

Yeah, the old car was at 200,000+ miles so I'm not really surprised, the timing just sucked :P 

It's a really nice 2012 Ford Escape with only 34,000 miles on it though, so it was a good deal. Has all the fancy voice commands and stuff in it too (which the tech nerd in me loves)

I'm just going to start carrying my PS3 around with me now so I don't miss the next one ^_^ LoL