Something about your character few know...

As the title hints at, something that would seem obvious to you, a trait or bit of knowledge about you're character that few people realize or know. Maybe some secret you've only whispered to those closest. Or something that happened in an early RP with people no longer around. Ro simply something that never comes up.

As with all fun games I'll start, Erik's right eye, the one with the scar down it, is a false eye. He lost it in his 1.0 incarnation. When I rerolled him for 2.0, I added the scar as a nod to that fact. The eye is actually a crafted ice crystal eye, tuned to his aether, he can't see out of it, the tuning only gives it a lifelike appearance, though it does function as a real eye when he uses his Libra spell. He has one eye that sees the present, but his other is always looking to the past. The false eye was constructed by a joint effort between an alchemist and goldsmith players that are no longer in game. They moved on to TESO I believe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think we had a thread just like this a week ago? but Ill answer again that Otto would one day like to be remarried and just settle. His wealth is overwhelming and the true value of him and his estate is hundreds of millions. He works to keep himself occupied, his womanizes due to boredom and just...missing his dead wife?

He'd retire tomorrow if he found the right one. Though only Kerwin knows this. The outside world has no idea he doesnt just love slutting around getting high and throwing his money around everywhere he can if the cause is worth or it entertaining.

Well I think we had a thread just like this a week ago? but Ill answer again that Otto would one day like to be remarried and just settle.  His wealth is overwhelming and the true value of him and his estate is hundreds of millions.  He works to keep himself occupied, his womanizes due to boredom and just...missing his dead wife?

He'd retire tomorrow if he found the right one.  Though only Kerwin knows this.  The outside world has no idea he doesnt just love slutting around getting high and throwing his money around everywhere he can if the cause is worth or it entertaining.

Lili and Otto talked about that during their 'date' from the date auction :) And she was mistaken for being one of his 'girls' xD She just shook her head and walked off.

Lili can see aether. ICly very few people know this and rarely does she ever speak openly about it. She sees it most prominently in living creatures and people, though she can sometimes see the aether that flows through the air or inanimate objects like artifacts if it's strong enough.

She sees them in colored lights, with the more aether leading to the brighter the light. She occasionally wears shades when it gets overwhelming and gives her a headache. As the years have gone by and she's learned more about aetheric manipulation she's found little tricks so as to not be blinded all the time.

Another fact is that she loves piercings. Another thing only a few people know, and no one knows that she plans to get more.

@Otto, mine was a little different. What's something nobody expects your character to be/do?

Hmm...something few know about Franz. 

ICly, he's Garlean. Does that count? ...I can name over 5 people that are aware of it though :/

When else...Franz hates lying to people? Has a sweet tooth? Acts nice even when he wants to strangle someone?

Not even a handful of people know the real reason why Jajara left her clan and her marriage.

I can't recall if Delial ever told anyone how she lost her eye, or where her other more obvious scars came from.

Something very few, even my dear Eno won't come to learn for some time now... She has an twin <3 May I present to you a screenshot that will most likely never be cannon in my characters RP.. but for the just for the sake of it; Halo'a & Enova Sahn ^^

dk9bsJD.jpghttp:

My hyur's surname is a partial alias to help him conceal his true identity to anyone whom may accidentally stumble upon or simply happen to be aware of his origins. It is true that he hails from Ul'dah but that is generally the extent of what others know about who he is and where he grew up.

Something few people know about Kell...

Y'know, I don't think there's really anything. Sure, I can say that "that his father died" but that's JUST happened and due to how far his homeland actually is, he just now learned the news. It'll probably come up as I RP more (although lately... crafting's been taking a lot of my time).

I could also talk about his sexuality but I think it'd surprise more people to learn that yes he's actually attracted to women too considering how... well, fabulous would be the best descriptive here, he is. However, no one really cares about what stirs his undergarments (or lack thereof).

I can't even say "that he's killed people before" because that's the first thing he did when arriving in Eorzea, in self-defense, and was "rewarded" for it.

I think the closest I can think of is that he's got an exhibitionist streak and wants to be seen. Hence why the tiara, makeup and highlights always matching.

Something few people know about Kell...

Y'know, I don't think there's really anything. Sure, I can say that "that his father died" but that's JUST happened and due to how far his homeland actually is, he just now learned the news. It'll probably come up as I RP more (although lately... crafting's been taking a lot of my time).

I could also talk about his sexuality but I think it'd surprise more people to learn that yes he's actually attracted to women too considering how... well, fabulous would be the best descriptive here, he is. However, no one really cares about what stirs his undergarments (or lack thereof).

I can't even say "that he's killed people before" because that's the first thing he did when arriving in Eorzea, in self-defense, and was "rewarded" for it.

I think the closest I can think of is that he's got an exhibitionist streak and wants to be seen. Hence why the tiara, makeup and highlights always matching.

Nah he just went to the Jojo's Academy of Fabulous Masculinity with the aestheticician and Hildebrand.

Tallera is sort of a huge pervert if given the opportunity.  To the point of glamouring a weaver's mannequin to look uncomfortably like men she knows.

Aren't you the person that posted in another topic saying that Weaver was EXTREMELY modest, so much so that even showing her mere ankles was unthinkable(even as an exaggeration, it still feeds a lot to the point)?   *amused*

Tallera is sort of a huge pervert if given the opportunity.  To the point of glamouring a weaver's mannequin to look uncomfortably like men she knows.

Aren't you the person that posted in another topic saying that Weaver was EXTREMELY modest, so much so that even showing her mere ankles was unthinkable(even as an exaggeration, it still feeds a lot to the point)?   *amused*

The very same! The perversion is VERY closeted. If anyone caught her doing this she'd have trouble living it down. The modesty is sort of ingrained, but the fast and loose culture of Ul'dah is slowly trickling in.

Hm... Let's see...

For Ciel, I'd go with... Very few people know that, in the 21 years she was without memories, she grew close to no personality. So when she recovered her memories recently, she retained a lot of her 8-year-old stubborn Ala Mhigan kid personality traits. Everyone probably just thinks she went from weird to weirder, though.

As for Wayward Sage... Despite being a Roegadyn warrior with a borderline arrogant attitude and feigned disinterest for all the things, she's extremely weak-minded and low on self-esteem because of her twin sister's influence. The only person who knows that is the person who very recently severed that influence and picked up the pieces.

Kanaria is an open book for the most part... 

Only a handful know that she was deposited on the doorsteps of an Elezen families house as a babe. [Hence her surname.]

She has a brother that she rarely speaks of, due to the fact he's not around all that often, and honestly just showed up from across the Jade Sea a few moons back.

There is two more things... One only two know about, possibly three if he's not dead. However, that is something I really won't even talk about unless necessary. Same goes for the second, Osric only knows the details about this.

Then again... He knows everything about her... Odd how that works.

:P

Oh boy. Merri has a ton of little secrets after over four years of character development. Man I can't believe it's already been that long. I feel old.

But, if I had to pick something significant that I don't mind people knowing OOCly, it'd probably have to be his bitchin' skill with a harmonica. Rarely comes up, but he almost always carries one on his person. Doesn't keep it a secret, but not a lot of people know about it.

Nothing like sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere with a friend, sharing stories and playing music late into the night. Go adventure go.

Hmm. Took me a bit to think.of something since Askier doesn't bottle much up, he just sorts unleashes his emotions at people like a tidal wave.

But there is one.

Despit the fact they both hate one another, enjoy hurting one another, plan on killing one another, and that her now dead lover broke Askier mentally, he has a 'thing' for Delial Grimsong.  Now if you asked if that thing is a crush, death wish, remorse, loathing, or murderous intent, I have to say yes because its all true. Askier hates Delial as much as he hates the man who skinned him alive, yet he would be very pissed, and sad, if she died because anyone other than himself blew her up because he secretly is flattered and entertained by her wanting him to kill him, and since he can't kill her due to reasons. . .I rp the most childish of grown miqo'te. >.<

Also Askier sleeps with a stuffed animal. Lol.

As for Atrium, one fun fact, she likes making snowmen.

Despit the fact they both hate one another, enjoy hurting one another, plan on killing one another, and that her now dead lover broke Askier mentally, he has a 'thing' for Delial Grimsong.  Now if you asked if that thing is a crush, death wish, remorse, loathing, or murderous intent, I have to say yes because its all true. Askier hates Delial as much as he hates the man who skinned him alive, yet he would be very pissed, and sad, if she died because anyone other than himself blew her up because he secretly is flattered and entertained by her wanting him to kill him, and since he can't kill her due to reasons. . .I rp the most childish of grown miqo'te. >.<

I really do enjoy that tension they have. ;) Such a strange relationship!

I have too many characters, will only discuss one.

Zhen knows multiple languages, most of them tribal. She had to learn them in case the Matriarch title was passed down to her, as they often traded with other clans in the area.

She was also a member of an eeeeeeeeeeevil cult. It rarely comes up since that story is long closed.