Crushes!

Has your character ever had a crush on someone other than their lover/significant other?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Has your character ever had a crush on someone other than their lover/significant other?

• Erm... yes.
    • Nope!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!

I AM SO TORN ON WHICH SHIP TO PUSH NOW!!!!!

....can i ship both? <3

x_X//////////////

Um.. there's crushing things that put such nautical vehicles in the waves of DOOM...

I think the OscarexJancis ship is at the bottom of the ocean between two plates in the world's crust...

Many died

Also I love little mermaid.. eee there's a ship out at sea behind her. :love:

the bold part is for emphasis

don't doubt this

that actually happened

Anyway! For Oscare crushes... He really 'individualizes' crushes, I say. He has those "omg I would totally love to marry that person" romantic crushes, then there's the "I'd be like a brother/best friend to them" crushes. Then there's the -- uh -- you know -- "please have me in the bed right now" crushes. Or better named as "Would Bang"

Jancis: Applies to all three. Probably the only one that does.

Shas: Strong and independent. Yep. Would bang.

Leanne: Probably more brother-sisterly than anything. Though she's creeeeeeeeeepin' on the romantic side. Slowly.

Berrod: Would bang. I can't even lie.

Crofte: Again, more of a brotherly-crush.

Camy: Brotherly once again.

Clio: Brotherly.

Nathan: Brotherly + would bang. Dat bromance tho

Lottie: Brotherly

Warren: DUDE WARREN WOULD BE SUCH AN AWESOME BROTHER

Brianna: Would bang. Sorryhighlander.

Kahn'a: Brotherly + would bang. Again, dat bromance.

Alyssa: Brotherly + would bang. Not bromance this time!

Inessa: Brotherly only. sorrygurl

Aya: Brotherly + would bang.

... Wow. That's a long list. I'm not even sorry.

...... Thank god Oscare has such terribly social issues. It'd be a mess if he actually admitted to each and every single one of these...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bold part is for emphasis

don't doubt this

that actually happened

Clio: Brotherly.

right, well i've already started shipping janxzac pretty hard anyway but you saying that just gives me another green light to keep going! :D

*ships harder*

also, dawww is that why you pick on me? are you acting older or younger bro tho? o3o

The more important one was Kage going a teeny bit wide eyed at Jajara Jara.

A) Lalafell.

B) By the Twelve, she really knew where she was going in life. Who she was. Everything that Kage was not.

I can't believe I missed this ARGH I am trash. Horrible, disgusting blushing. Awkward lala feelings are the best. I wish we got to RP more but.. yeah I am trash. :(

Jajara might not be so willing to acknowledge them but she's had a few crushes in her time. For a while she had a weird thing about miqo'te but one thing led to another and she's settled on 'nope absolutely not' regarding them. Still fascinated by how sharp they are, though, all elbows and ears and tails. WEIRD.

I like to think she still harbors a guilty crush for Memeli Meli, which is pretty unfortunate because Jajara herself is a bit on the homophobic side and doesn't know how to rationalize such feelings. There have been some extremely awkward feelings regarding her, that much she can't deny. Instead she'll just bury them away and never ever ever speak about them to anyone ever.

If Delial has crushes, it's in the sense that she recognizes that there are people she actually genuinely likes enough that she doesn't want to drag them into the mess that is her life (or at least that is the excuse she usually gives). A'rytiss Edar was a sweet, innocent cinnamon bun too pure for the world. Itarliht started as this but that basically exploded and then exploded again. Gharen Wolfsong currently occupies this space, WOE UNTO YOU. Osric Melkire briefly occupied this place because honestly, handsome lookin' man with a sharp and fearless wit? MmmmHMM. Too bad he stopped wearing that mask though. Also he was... pretty much already in that mess of a world anyway so whatever.

Honorable mentions to Chokho Viqqoh because hot dang she is a cutie patootie and a half, and Brynhilde Wulf because I like to think that if she and Delial ever sat down to have a chat that didn't involve chastising the other... m-maybe she'd notice her... (ノ∀`♥)

The "would bang" list is considerably longer.

Nailah is not the type to get a whole lot of crushes, and when she does she will try to deny them or shrug them off. She's got commitment issues, so pursuing crushes is not on the agenda. However, she has been caught in them before where it's lead to some uncomfortable heartbreak situations. 

She does like to flirt and have fun, and has been in several "friends with benefits" type situations. She likes men that takes the initiative and have a strong sort of attitude, there's nothing better but to lean into a couple of strong arms at the end of a stressful day. These days she does not have any crushes on anyone, but is flirting with a few people. A not uncommon situation. 

For Thala'to, he's much more out there and does regularly get crushes. He doesn't have commitment issues in the same way that Nailah has them, but is a bit slow to get past the just-having-fun plan. He's also got a bad track record for staying true to one (or more) partner. However right now he's not crushing on anyone.

This is a great idea!

Taedrinnar, my villain and hired assassin developed a crush on the Sultansworn who investigated several of his jobs. The character himself is made to.. develop and flow in extreme ways, meaning he can be redeemed, or stay how he is, or become even more wicked. So far, having an unreturned crush on Ser Crofte has led him to spare people he would normally kill.

It's causing him to doubt himself haha.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=8212

For Bryn it's...

Gharen Wolfsong : Highlander, Ala Mhigan, muscular, covered in scars and honourable? He's the whole package. Too bad about the age difference... And the fact that Bryn thinks Gharen's too good for her.

Dogberry Himalspyr : It's... Complicated. She thinks he's sexy as all hells, but Gods does she find him infuriating. She doesn't get him. At all. But that doesn't stop her liking him, and that bothers her.

Rythiel Rothmoore : Beard.

Steel Wolf : Big badass fem!Roe with as much sass as she has strength. Bryn enjoys their banter and empathises with Steel's past trials.

Leanna Vist : She's gorgeous and graceful.

Tiergan Vashir : TELL NO-ONE.

Well, okay, I'll bite.  Most of these are past tense since Ciel is very happily involved with someone at present.

*Yvelont Navarre - She found something important in common with him and thought they clicked, but never told him. 

*Sethaner Somerville - Because shirtless Highlander, and he's a pretty nice guy.

*Oscare Iono - If only circumstances and timing had played out differently, they could have made beautiful music together.

*Kaine Merloup - This might have even been a bit of a mutual crush, alas, it was never meant to be.

C'kayah has a reputation for being a manwhore, but really it's more that he just crushes constantly.

Over the years, the really notable ones include:

• Alyeis Daimeiris
  • Aralyiah Sylnais
  • Aya Foxheart
  • Caelia Isularie
  • F'layshia
  • Friederike Visconti
  • Gwenolie Valeroyant
  • L'vi Lyrre
  • Liana Blu
  • M'ishi Vymendi
  • M'jumalis Yashna
  • M'subi Hena
  • Osric Melkire
  • Pascht Chime
  • Phayte Lior
  • Portia Bartel
  • R'mah Tameo
  • Roswyn Valhuri
  • Rylas Shatterblade
  • Seohyun Iyasu
  • Siha Xinkei
  • Suri Blu
  • Taolene Arkenval
  • Velvet Nystroma
  • Y'vahri Svikhalsma
  • Yloise Dolet
  • Zana Mewrilen

Anyone notice these are alphabetized? 

And I think there's a 'T' name missing... 

I guess no more cryptic conversations for Kayah...

Ok.. I'll toss a few in,

Brynhilde Wulf - Strong, smart, charming, and lovely, Bryn radiates a confidence that is in itself attractive. Gharen likely didn't realize the crush until just recently though. But still thinks there's no way a classy lady like that would be interested in a guy that lives out in the wilds. Right?

Obsidian Hornet - While they have parted ways he will always think of his first love fondly. He still wonders how he managed to be lucky enough to be with her for the time that they were together.

Coatleque Crofte - Gharen's sweet on Coatleque even though she has a thing for bad boys currently.

Delial Grimsong - Not sure if this can be called a "Crush" so much as a "What the heck am I doing?" She's got the all the Charm, looks, and danger you could want in a bad girl... Though He did get to see a somewhat inebriated softer side. Add in the fact she got his parents killed, which closes the vicious circle back to "What the heck am I doing?"

...... Thank god Oscare has such terribly social issues. It'd be a mess if he actually admitted to each and every single one of these...

Or admit to any of them.

"Oscare? ... ah..."

Oscare: 

176369__UNOPT__.gif

That gif very accurately describes what happens when Berrod gets within seven fulms of him. He literally flees.

Alright, so after some thinking and arm twisting I can finally admit the following crushes:

Brynhilde Wolf - Coatleque has never met this woman officially, but saw her at Otto Vann's fight club at Bronze Lake for a brief period.

Gharen Wolfsong - One of the few men out there with the right combination of manners and authority. She would be too scared of Obsidian Hornet coming back for revenge to do anything though.

Nero Lazarov - Another person she's only seen once. Too bad he turned out to be a little too evil. But for a brief moment she may have been jealous of Roen.

Hornet left Gharen specifically for the purpose of letting him find a nice Highlander girl to make the babies with. No revenge, though there might be a few.... tests of worthiness.

Alright, so after some thinking and arm twisting I can finally admit the following crushes:

Brynhilde Wolf - Coatleque has never met this woman officially, but saw her at Otto Vann's fight club at Bronze Lake for a brief period.

Gharen Wolfsong - One of the few men out there with the right combination of manners and authority. She would be too scared of Obsidian Hornet coming back for revenge to do anything though.

Nero Lazarov - Another person she's only seen once. Too bad he turned out to be a little too evil. But for a brief moment she may have been jealous of Roen.

Hornet left Gharen specifically for the purpose of letting him find a nice Highlander girl to make the babies with. No revenge, though there might be a few.... tests of worthiness.

latest?cb=20130510085148

The two most recent for Kahn'a have to be:

Delial Grimsong — The witch is a useful ally for him to keep, and she is not without her charms. A woman with an alluring appearance, strutting about, sporting an illusion of control. She always asks him to meet away from the city, which makes their encounters have a private vibe to them, despite the much less pleasant nature of what they generally speak of. Bonus points because she calls him little pet names, and he may or may not enjoy that.

Oscare Iono — That damned Highlander. Supposedly under the influence of liquor, he went ahead and embarassed Kahn'a with a Valentione card that left the Keeper completely flustered in the middle of the streets. The confrontation that ensued did nothing to solve matters, and now whenever those two cross paths, Kahn'a quietly moves away to hide the red upon his cheeks.

Oscare Iono — That damned Highlander. Supposedly under the influence of liquor, he went ahead and embarassed Kahn'a with a Valentione card that left the Keeper completely flustered in the middle of the streets. The confrontation that ensued did nothing to solve matters, and now whenever those two cross paths, Kahn'a quietly moves away to hide the red upon his cheeks.

deviouschuckling.jpg

At the moment? Vetiver is finding herself particularly infatuated with I'rila Xanh, Oniyuri Tsukashima, and Rinslet Branwen.

She's a flirty and lonely woman, though, so there's bound to be more as time goes by. ;3

I forget to maintain you too, Vetiver, though Chiyo assumes you're quite picky atm so she'd slightly lost some faith. :|